It is an American type of service that UK long for (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have a fantastic vent in my winninago roof... those with yanks know the kind I mean.. a power extractor that draws air from an open window and out through the roof (very effective) They are real posh now even with rain sensors that open and close the vent and you can set the temp on them as well.

Mine is the bog standard one put on when the RV was built in 2005.. hand crank and a three spped switch ... the only issue is it had the fuse missing, and the holder was built in to the body of the vent. Someone nicked it when it was originally on sale in Florida in the dealership. So when it got here it was missing. I lived without the vent and used the aircon.

A couple of months ago I decided with Sue's help to take the vent down and put a fuse inside behind the holder so it could be used.. Using a wheelchair I have to rely on Sue reaching the higher areas for me. Just so happened the wheelchair engineer was visiting to do some work on a power chair and he was only more than willing to put a fuse in to save Sue on the steps due to her fear of falling. Anyway the fuse was fitted and the fantastic vent worked fine. But I still had this anoying hole in the frame of the unit.

I sent an email to fantastic vent in the USA.. they told me where to find the serial number and that I supplied and they sent me under warrenty a fuse holder unit complete. No charge... the postage cost them $28 .. the item weight was 2 onz on the packet and priority mail (took 26 days.. US post is worse than ours) .. Now that is what you call service.

Not the first time I have had items sent from an original supplier company for a yank with no charge. But this is 5 years old. That is service with a capital S. - thank you Fantastic Vent Company.

Bob:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have regularly had stuff in 76 hours.

They answer emaisl and if parts are slow they will trace them and phone you to tell you what the situation is.

Most UK dealer don't even answer emails.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I know it can be faster

I have regularly had stuff in 76 hours.

They answer emaisl and if parts are slow they will trace them and phone you to tell you what the situation is.

Most UK dealer don't even answer emails.

I buy American made Z gauge model railway items most months from a dealer in the USA and he sends them by just normal post and they normally arrive within 7 to 10 days and the fasted I have had by regular US mail is 4 days from LA. But 25 days by priority mail is a joke. Even my parcels postage costs between $15 and $22 and are a lot heavier still bet the priority system.

If it is an urgent part I use my UPS account, mind you even a tracked 4 day item took 4 weeks to reach me.. the idiot driver gave it to next door while I was out and the next door went on holiday for 3 weeks... AND the UPS not only costs an arm and a leg you get stung for the vat and handling charges.

I prefer regular US post. Been doing it for a few years now and it seems to work best for me other than carrying it in my own hand luggage when I buy in the USA when I am out there.

But it was the service I wanted to prase of Fantastic Vent Company - a warrenty item 5 years on...

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back