LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well, I've gone and done it, ie, gone for the £13pm deal, and used the MSE10AUTO voucher code for another £10 off. (y)

Now then as a PAYG Three sim user, I'm not big user of data, calls or texts, but the Vodafone deal has to be a goer, over the Plusnet sim only deal at £15pm for only 8Gb. :eek:

I may experiment with it for home broadband, as my BT Broadband contract is due for renewal in June.

BTW, for those looking to do the deal with https://www.mobiles.co.uk but not yet done so, don't get caught out by the £16.87p cashback pop up window that appears once you have finished the process. It's got nothing to do with the cashback deal you have just entered into, and, they want your bank details so that they can deduct £15.00pm discount membership fee from you account. (n)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Using the Vodafone 100Gb in the mifi now whilst in the new forest. This area is renown for poor coverage of any network and at the moment we have poor phone if any and data is E - edge. Mifi reads 3 bars of 4g. (y)(y) Sat last night and happily streamed 2 movies from Netflix and now streaming radio from the amazon fire stick. Movies did surprise me a bit when 1 took just over 1 Gb and the other nearly 4Gb. We will see how much all day radio takes. So far really happy with mifi and Vodafone. Aerial still to be fitted to the roof. :rolleyes::D2

OP
OP
Brucek

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Funster No
Does this help?

By choosing for yourself the video quality you desire, you can easily reduce your data usage while still being able to stream Netflix wherever you go.
  • Go to Netflix.com.
  • Click Sign In to Get to Your Account.
  • Choose a Profile. ...
  • Scroll Down and Choose Playback Settings. ...
  • Choose Your Desired Playback Quality. ...
  • Click Save

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I got mine this morning - thanks for the extra cashback code! I’ve put it straight into my WiFi, and registered it via the message sent to the MiFi. I then registered my mobile phone number as an extra number, so I can get stuff sent to that. Working very well so far at home, so will see if it continues! Used the 50gb Vodafone sim for three months in Spain this winter, & it was great. The extra gbs for less money is a bonus!!

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
Just a quick update to my previous post. When I checked the details of my new contract with EE, I did indeed have 100GB per month for £20, but they had included a 15GB fair use limit when roaming in the EU. Since we want lots of data for when we are away, this was a complete show stopper. I've cancelled the upgrade and ordered a Vodafone SIM from mobiles.co.uk with the simple £50 cash back offer. I'm assuming that the cash back comes as a cheque later on? Anyway, when I spoke to the EE people, they said they couldn't remove the roaming limit and agreed that Vodafone was the better option!

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Just a quick update to my previous post. When I checked the details of my new contract with EE, I did indeed have 100GB per month for £20, but they had included a 15GB fair use limit when roaming in the EU. Since we want lots of data for when we are away, this was a complete show stopper. I've cancelled the upgrade and ordered a Vodafone SIM from mobiles.co.uk with the simple £50 cash back offer. I'm assuming that the cash back comes as a cheque later on? Anyway, when I spoke to the EE people, they said they couldn't remove the roaming limit and agreed that Vodafone was the better option!

Thanks for this. Better than the convoluted redemption arrangements for getting £84 back! Just checked with the Mobiles.co.uk call centre. You still have to pay the £20 a month for the 12 month period of the contract (by Direct Debit), but this is effectively reduced to £15.83 with an automatic cashback of £50 paid after 38 days. Thought this too good to miss so have placed an order today!

Details at:

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/vodafone-...[0]=12&filter_gift_group_expanded[0]=Cashback

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
And another, just received the Vodafone 100Gb unlimited sim, whipped out the existing data sim from the mifi box popped this in and all works.

Off to Germany next week so will be testing in France and Belgium as well. Have cancelled the 50gb data only Vodadone sim and as 30 days notice period have that as a backup. Will test side by side as also have a spare Huawei mifi box (y)

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Me toooo! Got it the other day and its up and running. Got BBCI player and everything, for 15 quid a month! Cracking deal Gromit, thanks for sharing.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I’ve just ordered one after the recommendations on here.
The mobiles.co.uk deal finishes in 11 hrs apparently.
We plan to use it in Greece for four months this year plus in the motor home there and back so we’ll soon see if their unlimited roaming claim is true!

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
My EE deal is coming to an end. If I take this deal out can I swop and change the sim cards until I cancel my EE deal?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Yes, you can swap cards as much as you want.

If you get no signal on one supplier, you can swap card and try another supplier.

Red_48

Free Member
Aug 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Sprinter CDI313 LWB
Exp
I have the Motorhome WIFI package 2 with a spare Google Fi Data Sim in the Huawei MiFi.

Google Fi is only available to US residents at present but its an MVNO that uses multiple carriers which gives a solid connection when one provider is weak anywhere in the world (at least when running on Google hardware).

However, just like all EU network providers who offer “Unlimited data” who have been forced to do away with restrictions over EU roaming, they cap data speeds when roaming.

3 - Capped @ 19GB when roaming

Smarty - Capped @ 19GB when roaming

GifGaf - Capped @ 20GB when roaming

LycosMobile - Capped @ 9GB when roaming

Virgin - Capped @ 11.2 GB when roaming

So for a digital nomad with high bandwidth needs, I’m left with the other players that offer a fixed price for X GB like O2 and Vodaphone’s 100GB package.

Has anyone found a truly unlimited data sim package without speed caps when roaming?

Red_48

Free Member
Aug 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Sprinter CDI313 LWB
Exp
I don't know if this is pure sales BS, but the Vodafone rep said that the 100GB / £20 deal was ending tonight!

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I don't know if this is pure sales BS, but the Vodafone rep said that the 100GB / £20 deal was ending tonight!
Correct
Just been on to upgrades at Vodafone deal finished last night

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
We plan to use it in Greece for four months this year plus in the motor home there and back so we’ll soon see if their unlimited roaming claim is true!

It’s true, no throttle & no cappping!

Jim

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Normally I use the phone as a hub but I have just experimented and put the sim in an unlocked 3 mifi and I am using that to send this via my laptop, i also have the tablet connected.
I've just put my new Vodafone 100gb sim into an unlocked 3 mifi (actually its a Huawai cloned one) and I can't get onto the Vodafone network, do I need to wait awhile?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I've just put my new Vodafone 100gb sim into an unlocked 3 mifi (actually its a Huawai cloned one) and I can't get onto the Vodafone network, do I need to wait awhile?
Have you gone into settings and added the correct APN Vodafone profile?
Even though the MiFi may be unlocked, unless you set up a profile for the SIM card, it won't work.

Cheers,

Last edited:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.

Yes, possibly. When ours arrived, it took almost 24hrs to appear on the network. For now, try sticking it into a phone, so you can watch what is going on. :gum:

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Have you gone into settings and added the correct APN Vodafone profile?
Even though the MiFi may be unlocked, unless you set up a profile for the SIM card, it won't work.

Cheers,

It just automatically worked when I rebooted laptop. However I am left wondering where I can find the relevant dashboard or site to check my usage. Presumably I have to do this through Vodafone but I bought the card from mobiles.co.uk

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
It just automatically worked when I rebooted laptop. However I am left wondering where I can find the relevant dashboard or site to check my usage. Presumably I have to do this through Vodafone but I bought the card from mobiles.co.uk
I've just installed my sim to the phone a few minutes ago, and received a message with support and settings info in it. I went to
vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo and just took things from there. I also installed the Vodafone App.
The APN settings has defaulted to............. Vodafone Internet(Post)
(exactly as I have typed it) which may be the one you need for the MiFi.

Cheers,

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Good news and bad news...

Good news - works an absolute treat in my HUAWEI system from Motorhome WiFi. Currently in Skye and have been getting 15 to 25 Meg download speed all over Scotland so far.

Bad news. Brought a thirteen year old teenager with me. 5 days in we have used 30GB!!!!! He is online while we are driving - chatting, games, endless episodes of Friends

Never thought I would be glad of NO SIGNAL!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Good news and bad news...

Good news - works an absolute treat in my HUAWEI system from Motorhome WiFi. Currently in Skye and have been getting 15 to 25 Meg download speed all over Scotland so far.

Bad news. Brought a thirteen year old teenager with me. 5 days in we have used 30GB!!!!! He is online while we are driving - chatting, games, endless episodes of Friends

Never thought I would be glad of NO SIGNAL!
It will be the video (Friends) - might be up to 1Gb per hour. :)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Also happy to report that mine's working great in my LTE router with its Poynting roof aerial.
We've been in France, Germany and now Holland and it hasn't missed a beat 12Gb in 10 days (I took a portable hard drive with some TV shows, but it got corrupted, so we've been streaming them from home via Plex instead - an unexpected right result :D:D:D)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Also happy to report that mine's working great in my LTE router with its Poynting roof aerial.
We've been in France, Germany and now Holland and it hasn't missed a beat 12Gb in 10 days (I took a portable hard drive with some TV shows, but it got corrupted, so we've been streaming them from home via Plex instead - an unexpected right result :D:D:D)

Just out of interest what roof aerial have you got. Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back