Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Hi,
Ive been given a small safe but not sure what to fix it to in a Moho. It’s an A class on Alde chassis. Where are they usually fitted when dealer/Orem fitted?
Ta
Tk

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We have a PVC conversion and I fitted our safe under the rear passenger seats, I drilled and tapped the seat belt framework and bolted and sikaflexed the safe in it is now virtually impossible to remove it.

John.

OP
OP
tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Thanks,
Two typos in my post “alko” chassis and “OEM” fitted,
Ill look at under seat option
Tk

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I never get the hiding a safe issue, if you find a good place don’t bother with the safe
hide your valuables there.

If you buy a good safe then find a location you can secure to and I mean seriously secure at the end of the day the scums will find a safe but it they can’t get it out easily and cannot break into it your valuables will be secure and you can actually access the safe without a load of hassle.

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
the best place to fit a safe is in the bedroom if you can bolt it from the garage using coach bolts with the nuts inside the safe mines in the bottom of the wardrobe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 22, 2018
Tasmania, Australia (northern summer in Europe)
Funster No
MH
Hymer Classic B584
Exp
Since 2019
I got one of the Pacsafe bags I mentioned above. The whole thing has mesh all around of 2.5mm stainless steel cable and the top locks shut and around a fixed object with a padlock (though apparently the padlock that comes with it is prone to becoming stuck locked). I certainly wouldn't put it the same category as a safe, but it is a good discrete anti snatch and grab device.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just find somewhere to hide it and then just screw it to the floor with wood screws.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back