Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
well having had my share, probably a lot of other peoples as well, of bad relationships I’m thinking it’s about time to stick a toe in the water again.
Not having a lot of luck meeting the opposite sex through normal processes, many restraining orders pending, started me thinking about dating sites.
The idea is scaring me shitless but needs must etc etc. So the question is are there any sites you would recommend?

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Not having a lot of luck meeting the opposite sex through normal processe

What do you consider to be the normal process? Could it be pubs, clubs etc?
I have met some real space cadets in pubs over the years.

It seems that der interwebnetthingy has become the normal process, go for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I was given the good advice of ensuring I use a site that requires payment. I was lucky to have success with “ Ourtime “ and it’s affiliated to match.com so you get coverage of both sites for the price of one fee. An up to date photograph of yourself is a must. Many will not respond to anyone without a photo. Good luck.

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In an earlier life (before I joined Motorhome Fun and got snatched away by a Royal Funster Princess from France) I had a phase when I went on quite a few internet dates. No bad experiences but plenty of disappointments.

I have since met many, many happy motorhoming couples who met via the internet.

In my opinion, it is far more likely to lead to finding a successful relationship than hanging around in pubs or Burger Kings...

but remember... "Fools rush in".

Take your time and take care and good luck.

JJ :cool:

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I’ve been told that Plenty of fish has a bad reputation.

As with all things, use common sense and trust your instincts. If it sounds wrong walk away - people do lie. I also believe dating sites' employees are 'encouraged' to set up fake profiles and contact members to attract footfall.

Never lend money to someone you've never met!

It can get very depressing and I was on the verge of pulling my profile when Brian contacted me. That's nearly 10 yrs ago.

I don't necessarily think you get a better chance by using a paying site.

Karen

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
My youngest daughter met her husband 4 years ago on Plenty of Fish, they messaged each other for about a month before they met then went out for 3 years and 12 months ago got married, they are so happy
I do think it's better just to meet people within a comfortable travelling distance
But it seems now to be almost the normal for people to meet people through dating sites.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Welcome to the dark side !!! Lol

I have never paid for a dating site...

I have used plenty of fish,,, I have spoken to a few women who are on both,, lots are,, especially the ones where only men pay!!

I have had a few dates from POF and a couple were good fun and a really nice experience!

I have however had a couple, or 3 bad experiences,,, and I feel like I was lucky to get out alive!!

All I will say is,,, there not all bad, there are some who get extremely lucky,, see previous posts, But in my experience don’t believe all you see in a picture,, and all your told!

If you don’t rush in, and take it at a nice leisurely pace, it’s fine !!! And don’t let the rejection get you down,, it’s purely a numbers game, unless your very lucky!!

I have met lots of couples that it’s worked for,,, hopefully it will work for you,,, good luck,, x

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
:h:Hi BIG BOY:h:, I have been watching you, I saw you last year when you was a warden.
I was in the pink Romahome, perhaps you may have noticed me?
I am going along to Peterborough and look forward to meeting you in the flesh !
I'm sure we'll get on xxxxxxx :lips::lips:

Perhaps you recall the Karaoke night ??

kar.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
well having had my share, probably a lot of other peoples as well, of bad relationships I’m thinking it’s about time to stick a toe in the water again.
Not having a lot of luck meeting the opposite sex through normal processes, many restraining orders pending, started me thinking about dating sites.
The idea is scaring me shitless but needs must etc etc. So the question is are there any sites you would recommend?
I was happily married for years then we separated and I became a single dad. Kids grew up and I started getting out more but spending time mainly with friends and their wives.

I decided to jump in at the deep end I joined a couple of free sites and started to meet a few which grew into a few more and some more, It was all beginning to become a bit of a chore.

Anyway I put another add in the local rag which had a huge response, then one Wednesday night I had arranged to meet someone who had promised to cook me a meal, I knocked on her door and that was it hook line and sinker. She was 6' with long red hair and ten years younger than me, I couldn't get enough of her she was and still is one of the best things that has happened to me. We have been together now for some years and even my ex wife has moved in with us, they get on really well and the kids also love her to bits.
Aim for the stars and you could be lucky but the chances are it might not happen over night...Good luck.(y)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I met MrA on a social media site, not meant to be a dating site, but it was for many I think.
I didn't even know what he looked like as he had a photo of Shrek, I had 2 photo's of myself among a group of buddies at an army do.
I was getting bored with the dating thingy, it turned out MrA was as well & sent Shrek a message simply because in the written word he came across as someone with more than half a brain, he could spell & seemed interesting. I didn't expect a reply or anything to come of it...…….14 years later we are still talking, he really is the best thing since sliced cricket bats.:h:We have been through some really sh*te times together, stayed shoulder to shoulder and become even stronger.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I was happily married for years then we separated and I became a single dad. Kids grew up and I started getting out more but spending time mainly with friends and their wives.

I decided to jump in at the deep end I joined a couple of free sites and started to meet a few which grew into a few more and some more, It was all beginning to become a bit of a chore.

Anyway I put another add in the local rag which had a huge response, then one Wednesday night I had arranged to meet someone who had promised to cook me a meal, I knocked on her door and that was it hook line and sinker. She was 6' with long red hair and ten years younger than me, I couldn't get enough of her she was and still is one of the best things that has happened to me. We have been together now for some years and even my ex wife has moved in with us, they get on really well and the kids also love her to bits.
Aim for the stars and you could be lucky but the chances are it might not happen over night...Good luck.(y)
That's some relationship you have Buttons.
If I found my ex living in a cardboard box in a doorway I'd put a match to the box.
I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Another vote for just going for it. Met John on an AOL site which no longer exists. I only wanted someone to take me out on the back of a bike a few times a year, 20 years on, still going strong.
You do have to take some of the replies with a pinch of salt, we emailed then spoke on the phone, for months, before meeting up.

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Another vote for just going for it. Met John on an AOL site which no longer exists. I only wanted someone to take me out on the back of a bike a few times a year, 20 years on, still going strong.
You do have to take some of the replies with a pinch of salt, we emailed then spoke on the phone, for months, before meeting up.
That’s the best way Sue, getting to know each other before meeting up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back