TyrePal TPMS Discount Prices From Friday 1st March For 3 Weeks (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Mine arrived today, needs collecting from the post office and the import tax paying (you guys will love not being part of the EU when you get parcels with on the door payments to be made...) but not paying the huge UK VAT helped and Wombles head's up on the great price !!!! weekend install coming up.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Only one more week until the Show Offer prices end so now is the time to buy especially if you have C&MC code discount on top too! (y) We hope to have a Fun & RVOC discount code soon for TyrePal but only one code usually works on a website at a time so the double discount currently available is likely to the best. PM us or post on this thread if you have any queries & we will help if we can.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Had a look at mine yesterday, nice little kit with everything you need inside inc good clear instructions.

Thanks Wimbledon litter picker

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
So how have people set them up? Set them up for 80psi and by the time I had gone ten miles all the alarms were going off for high pressure and high temperature.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
So how have people set them up? Set them up for 80psi and by the time I had gone ten miles all the alarms were going off for high pressure and high temperature.
You can adjust the trigger points. Maybe run it and note your normal figures then add 10% to that or something?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If 80psi is your cold tyre pressure recommended by the manufacturer then according to the set up instructions you should set the high pressure 20% above (96psi) & the low figure 15% below (64psi).
We've left the high temperature alert at the factory default setting of 70°C. Hope that helps.

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Me too just ordered my sola one with the CMC discount, I've been on tyre pal web site to see how to fit and is it really as simple as they say, "fit tyre monitors, set up pressures on unit" and off you go?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
One of my tyrepal sensors has become faulty. Sending 115psi regardless of the actual pressure or even if not on a tyre. £38 for a replacement or £36.99 for a complete set of four from a competitor with solar powered display. Needless to say, as a tight git I am trying the competitor.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Mine arrived a couple of days ago and must admit I was impressed by the quality of the box, packing etc. Using their +20% and - 15% sugestión with Michelin Agilis 225 /75 R16 CP 116Q rubber at 4.25 bar front axle I've set 5.1 and 3.6; for the rear at 5.25 I've set 6.3 and 4.5 bar. I do have to manually switch it off as we find that van "wobble" when parked keeps waking up the receiver. So far, impressed.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
How easy is it to fit the sensors on the valve stems whilst parked in a swimming pool?:confused:
It's bl**** hurling it down here since silly o'clock this morning.:(
If this carries on it's gonna be a miserable one minute walk to the pub to seek shelter.
Wonder if they'll let us park the bu

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Show discount prices end at midnight on Sunday 24th March!

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Bought these (Solar) at the weekend, thanks to OP for the tip.

Fitted them today- 2 queries on which I’d welcome advice from those who already have them:
1. Positioning of the monitor screen - it says to put them on the non-slip mat on a flat part of dashboard. My Ducato x290 doesn’t really have a flat area! I’m quite happy to do it by trial and error, but if anyone has already worked out the answer I’d be very grateful.
2. The rubber o-rings, which the instructions say to place between the 2 parts of the sensor units - I’m finding that as you tighten the 2 halves of the unit, the o-ring gets squeezed out until it comes away. Are these rings essential?

Grateful for any advice.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just fitted ours a couple of days ago and placed the monitor on the clipboard panel but ours is an X250.
On the o-rings I would guess they are required to keep water out of the battery \ sensor. I didn't use the tool to tighten them as I thought it would distort the o-ring so used hand-tightening only albeit quite tightly.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
One of my tyrepal sensors has become faulty. Sending 115psi regardless of the actual pressure or even if not on a tyre. £38 for a replacement or £36.99 for a complete set of four from a competitor with solar powered display. Needless to say, as a tight git I am trying the competitor.
My cheap one from Amazon is now set up. The display is intended to be stuck to the windscreen, as it has the solar panel on the back. Excellent in a car but my windscreen is so far away I would need a telescope to read it. Stuck on side window drivers side instead and working fine.

Favoto TPMS Car Tire Pressure Monitoring System Wireless Solar Powered Installed on Window Pane with 4 External Sensors LCD Real-Time Display for Cars SUV Trucks MPV and Other Models

Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
Did my first long run with these fitted yesterday. Really useful.

Interestingly the two RHS tyre ran 2-3 psi higher and 2-3 degrees warmer than the LHS tyres. I guess due to the effect of the awning weight and fat git driving. The van wasn’t loaded as we were off for a hab check. Tyres went from 80psi start to 90psi peak on the motorway and the hottest tyres were running at 22C.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Show discount prices end at midnight tonight! TyrePal have kindly agreed a Fun & RVOC discount code for tomorrow onwards but not as good as the current Show Price combined with the C&MC discount code.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
On the o-rings I would guess they are required to keep water out of the battery \ sensor. I didn't use the tool to tighten them as I thought it would distort the o-ring so used hand-tightening only albeit quite tightly.

I spoke to TyrePal - the o-rings supplied with the kit are spares, apparently, and there are o-rings already in the base of the sensor. So if you fit the spares, there's nowhere for them to sit in the base. Problem solved - although it might have helped if they clearly identified the bag supplied as spares.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Show Prices are over now & the website is back to normal prices but we do now have a 20% discount code for Fun & RVOC members - will update here shortly. Only one discount code will work at a time so it can't be used with the C&MC £10 discount code (limited products) but it does take 20% off the whole range so bigger potential savings than using that code :)

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Just fitted ours a couple of days ago and placed the monitor on the clipboard panel but ours is an X250.
I’m at the o ring step but stuck.
The o ring does distort & can fall off with only a light touch. I.e. it’s not held in place.
tried finger tight & tool tight.

edit: lol. Disregard. I needed to read one more quoted post back ?
I’m trying to add one of the spare o rings with the original still in place.
Doh!

Last edited:

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I’m at the o ring step but stuck.
The o ring does distort & can fall off with only a light touch. I.e. it’s not held in place.
tried finger tight & tool tight.

edit: lol. Disregard. I needed to read one more quoted post back ?
I’m trying to add one of the spare o rings with the original still in place.
Doh!
Don’t forget to get it on charge while your fiddling, micro usb tight side ?

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
My tyrepal works!

just need to adjust the settings, having crossed into Spain very loud alarm noise. As the temperature rose I got a warning going off when tyres went over 30 degrees, need to set the warning a bit higher me thinks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back