Learn to crochet? (2 Viewers)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
doing well with the knitting and wrist is holding up too, in fact think it may be helping it. up to armholes of second sleeve so only that last bit sew up and rib neck to do aiming to finish it for the weekend. Have found one i want to do for myself. jsut need to get case of yarn out of the eaves, hope it has not disintegrated whilst being in there, have a pack of boucle which i bought in a sale when local shop was shutting down Son was a baby he will be 49 this year :rofl::rofl:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The eye is getting better but still sore and not "right" but I should get the letter about the follow up appointment in a day or two.

I have also started to react to my new tablets so have had to ditch them (yes I did check with my GP first). Never rains but it pours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Was doing so well with johns jumper, only 2 rows of neckband to do and the light caught it, wrong wool wrong colour, so 1 and a half sleeves ripped out, Was a lot quicker than the knitting :LOL:
have found the right stuff and restarted the first sleeve. Was up at 3 this morning raking through cupboards to find the right stuff. Managed to get back to sleep then though.
#iamablindnumpty
Happy crafting all.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Was doing so well with johns jumper, only 2 rows of neckband to do and the light caught it, wrong wool wrong colour, so 1 and a half sleeves ripped out, Was a lot quicker than the knitting :LOL:
have found the right stuff and restarted the first sleeve. Was up at 3 this morning raking through cupboards to find the right stuff. Managed to get back to sleep then though.
#iamablindnumpty
Happy crafting all.

Oops! That's the sort of thing I would do. Good job you noticed before you sewed it up!

Me too, and the up in the dead hours thumping about until I found what I was looking for.

Don't lose the impetus having had to unknit and reknit - I usually make two sleeves at a time as in the past I have suffered "one sleeve syndrome" or "unmatched sleeve syndrome".

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Have you got a good and bad side Hazel ......my left side is my worst
Sorry I only just found this as i'm not getting any notifications at all and I checked my settings even though I have never changed them, maybe @Jim may know why this has happened.
But yes I am mostly left side affected as well, so we wouldn't do very well in a 3 legged race would we..:giggler:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Well we are home and right into "interesting times".

I had a sore eye when at my parents on the way home but their needs always trump mine. Anyway got home late Thursday and got an emergency appointment with GP at 8.45 yesterday. She sent me to an opthalmist who saw me later that day - and them called in a colleague for a second opinion - and then phoned Edinburgh Eye Hospital and I was told to go straight there. By 9 pm I was back home having had a retinal tear and small detachment laser treated. I go back in 2 weeks for further investigation.

Still haven't sewn in the ends of the socks - actually feeling a bit yuck at the moment with all the running round after toddlers and old people and then coming last myself when I should have been first :(
Sending you some healing....(y)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry I only just found this as i'm not getting any notifications at all and I checked my settings even though I have never changed them, maybe @Jim may know why this has happened.
Hazel same thing happened to me last week so I clicked unwatch thread and then re clicked watch thread and it’s worked ok since.
I think we had better give the three legged race a miss seeing as we both have left side problems as we would be in a heap on the floor:giggler:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Well am on to it folks, up to armhole in first sleeve, childminding tonight, it's stepson's 40th so may get quite a bit more done.
Have bought some nice multicoloured chunky wool for a cardi/jacket for me, can't find a pattern nI like so might do my own. Been about 15 years since I did that last though. have an old pattern I like the neck of so may well adapt it.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
@Lucky one Come and join us. As Anne says the YouTube videos are very good. Pleased to hear you're all keeping busy with your many projects. I am occupied with preparing for my classes at the Big C Charity shop and have just made some samples. A bean bag frog, a crochet ball and a thimble pip. The group started their Tumbling Blocks quilts on Monday. Interesting to see the fabrics they've chosen.

My octopus have had to go into quarantine as I have picked up a nasty cold. Derek got it first and we have to wait 48 hours before we are free from infection. I don't feel like doing much at the moment so I might just fiddle with making a wrist pincushion and offer that as a class.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Can't believe it. finished at last
johnsjumper.jpg

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Hazel same thing happened to me last week so I clicked unwatch thread and then re clicked watch thread and it’s worked ok since.
I think we had better give the three legged race a miss seeing as we both have left side problems as we would be in a heap on the floor:giggler:
Just did that AND chose to get notifications, so cross fingers.
Yes your right, the 3 legged race would be a bad idea....lol.
How is it down there in Carmarthenshire, I enjoyed living there.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Eye appointment next Wednesday :) It would help if I had known what to expect when healing, what I am experiencing could be quite normal as I don't have the "shadow" I was warned about.

I got a bit done on Martin's sweater sleeves done at knit and natter yesterday but know I don't have enough of the main colour yarn. I think I will get more (even though it will be a different dye lot) and put a band of Fair Isle in between the different dye lots. The top is a multi coloured yoke (unless I decide to do raglans once I get there of course) so I can disguise the issue :) I just love knitting on a circular needle as it means I can make style and design changes as I go :)

It was funny seeing faces as people realised I was knitting two sleeves at a time, in the round, on one circular needle. :) :) I'm not sure if doing that is a recognised technique and I have reinvented the wheel or if it is something new I have discovered.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Sorry I only just found this as i'm not getting any notifications at all and I checked my settings even though I have never changed them,

That happens to me if I am watching a thread and then miss a notification - no new notification until I catch up from where I left off before I missed the alert. :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
John is pleased he has only waited a couple of years lol
Lost the pattern took a year to get another, then I injured my wrist. the knitting seems to be helping.
Now started a cardi for me hoping it helps the weight loss not easy to knit and snack at the same time.
Good luck with the Eye appt @Puddleduck .
Been looking for a knit and natter locally, should be ok now youngest grandchild is at school, they all seemed to be on a Thursday which was our childminding day.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The craft room is teal :) Martin has done the first coat of paint and it looks a bit dark in the fading light but once the second coat is on and all the white fittings are in place it will look stunning :)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Just did that AND chose to get notifications, so cross fingers.
Yes your right, the 3 legged race would be a bad idea....lol.
How is it down there in Carmarthenshire, I enjoyed living there.
Glad your notifications are working:)
Carmarthenshire is great Hazel a bit wet and windy at the moment but we love living here the pace of life is so much better than up in Lancashire.

Love the sweater @scotzsue John looks very happy to be wearing it.my mum used to do a lot of Arran knitting I wish I could do it

Sorry you are suffering with a cold Pam @snailtrailer PPP I started with a sore throat on Saturday evening then shivers and sweats I was fit for nothing on Monday but am a lot better today.

Glad your eyes improving Helen @Puddleduck

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I’m not getting all the alerts from this thread either. The last one I’ve got is @snailtrailer ’s at 1120 today.
I’ve done the unwatch / watch thing. But it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I’ll just have to keep checking back here.
@scotzsue I love the jumper! I really enjoy knitting Aran patterns. I haven’t knitted an adult garment for years. I stopped making adult clothes when he first grandchild came along. Baby clothes are much quicker and cuter than adult clothes!

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I’m not getting all the alerts from this thread either. The last one I’ve got is @snailtrailer ’s at 1120 today.
I’ve done the unwatch / watch thing. But it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I’ll just have to keep checking back here.
@scotzsue I love the jumper! I really enjoy knitting Aran patterns. I haven’t knitted an adult garment for years. I stopped making adult clothes when he first grandchild came along. Baby clothes are much quicker and cuter than adult clothes!
It's been happening to me for a while now, I also tried the same and it's still the same, I did tag Jim but no response!

Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Several years living in a very basic campervan in the 70's
It's been happening to me for a while now, I also tried the same and it's still the same, I did tag Jim but no response!
Me too, I have had phone and internet probs since last Friday, finally got it fixed today but had very little chance to catch up and several threads I had been following are missing from my alerts. Would help if I could remember what they were, I do know there are not enough in the list.

Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Several years living in a very basic campervan in the 70's
Finally finished my last outstanding knitting project - a cardi for my daughter, she wanted it short in the body to go with a couple of high waisted dresses.
Grn Cardi.JPG
Now I can start on my new bamboo yarn which arrived today. Never used it before but I love bamboo clothing. Had to order some bamboo needles, tried doing a tension square and kept losing stitches off the steel needles, never had that happen before :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back