Free Member
Dec 29, 2018
Porth
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2009
Contacted mine via broker no help at all .don't seem to have made a decision on it .maki g it hard to plan the trip .don't want to risk not having one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Have a look on your certificate of insurance.
Mine has a statement in different languages to state that the certificate replaces the need for agreen card in Europe.
Having said that I had an email to the effect that they will now issue hard copy green cards !

OP
OP
Appollo51

Appollo51

Free Member
Dec 29, 2018
Porth
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2009
I've just managed to get some sense from insurance and they are starting to issue from tomorrow.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Comfort don't seem to have any mention of it? Do think it will be needed though.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Can the Green Card be sent by Email. We are with the C&CC and rang them about a week ago. They said they were not doing anything until after the 29th

When I pointed out that we would be in Europe by then the lady replied “your not going to be in the deepest Amazon, are you”

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just applied for mine as its free, also got IDPs just in case. BUSBY.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
No
Can the Green Card be sent by Email. We are with the C&CC and rang them about a week ago. They said they were not doing anything until after the 29th

When I pointed out that we would be in Europe by then the lady replied “your not going to be in the deepest Amazon, are you”
No. I believe it has to be an original document actually printed on green paper. They must post them out.

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Spoke to Comfort a couple of weeks ago,said they do not issue them until 21days before you leave. And ,there would be a£20 administration fee A few days later received an email from them updating their position which implies that there would not be a charge. Will find out later this month when will be in 21day window

MrPG

Free Member
Dec 9, 2017
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Amudsen
I'm travelling out on the 29th (y) .... spoke to Comfort yesterday and they have sent mine in the post first class no charge.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
mine isn't a green card, its a letter from the insurance company (Adrian flux) that confirms insurance cover is extended to France and Spain (as I asked) between specific dates up to Easter this year

I also collected my International Driving Permit from the post office for £5.50 just for France as we have now decided not to go into Spain

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
mine isn't a green card, its a letter from the insurance company (Adrian flux) that confirms insurance cover is extended to France and Spain (as I asked) between specific dates up to Easter this year
What is a Green Card?
It's not actually a card at all.

The Green Card is an international certificate of insurance printed on green paper.

It provides visiting motorists the minimum compulsory insurance cover required by the law of the country being visited.

It not only allows the movement of vehicles across international borders with proof of existing insurance but also ensure that victims of accidents involving foreign registered vehicles are not disadvantaged.

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Contacted Advance as we go for 3 months on 31st of March. Initial advice was "wait and see".

Called back a few days later to tell me I needed one and the insurance company was charging£45.00 for them.

Another one exploiting Brexit uncertainty and there's no choice

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
God forbid. a character like that in charge of our security and as for Diane Abbott what a joke ! I notice she’s not put up much for interviews I wonder why ?
Funny how they hid her at the last general election and blamed it on her diabetes!!!!!!!

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
We’re off to Greece on the 26th so after yesterday evenings debacle, I rang Safeguard and requested a green card. No problem, they said and no charge either!
Richard

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Just have a read of his track record on various topics and the economic policy he plans to implement if elected. Frightening stuff.
This is without taking into account all his terrorist buddies who will be invited to Downing Street for "talks" and there is all the anti sematic leanings.
The guy is totally unsuitable for high office.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Yes. Just email it to ypu BUT you must print it out on green paper-I do it every year. as I'm not in spain when renewal is due & they won't issue it early.
No

No. I believe it has to be an original document actually printed on green paper. They must post them out.
As above.

I also collected my International Driving Permit from the post office for £5.50 just for France as we have now decided not to go into Spain
Unless it is in French & spanish it won't be a lot of good.

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
Asked our insurance company for a green card and it arrived the next day in the post. It expires when our policy is due for renewal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back