Which is the best show to go to? (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
As the title says, which is the best show to go to?

We've only been to two:
Newbury
NEC

We were wondering if Shepton Mallet is worth it.

Rog

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
It is my impression (based on nothing but pictures and ideas) that the Shepton Mallet show is like the Newbury, Malvern, Northern and the other shows in that they all have local dealers with used and new motorhomes and equipment that one might want to buy, whereas the NEC only has new motorhomes and equipment.

Which show is best depends on whether you are looking to buy a new motorhome or not, and your budget.

If you are looking to buy a new used motorhome, I imagine that you would see a larger selection the more shows you attend, but if on the other hand you are just attending to look around I am not sure it is worth attending, as I think most equipment exhibitors are the same at most shows.

Another reason to go could be to camp with your fellow Funsters on the showground during the show ::bigsmile:

Rasmus

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
People go to shows for various reasons...mine is,I have little interest in looking at new vans and cant think of anything else that I couldnt possibly live without, so I must simply go to meet up with the funsters.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
The best show is the next one the Funsters are at.:Smile:
We enjoyed Shepton last year & will be going back in September ::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
yes we enjoyed Shepton very much last year also it was quite an international meet , with folk from Holland, France , Ireland , hopefully Croatia this year too it is a lovely show also

once booked onlline say on this thread with Roger / Wildman ...see you there :thumb::thumb::thumb:

when booking use club area and put in Motorhomefun.co.uk and you will have £2 members discount

Kath n John

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Now what can I say, shepton Mallet show is a sizeable show that will take a day or two to walk around, entertainment laid on. Free bus into Wells, there are a number of competitions, dog show, oh yes even a free coach tour this year, narrow guage steam railway should be operational this year, the site has shops, showers, toilet bock, dump point, and even elec hookup if you book it ( but please be sue to let me know if you do). Oh yes and a whole bunch of mischeivious funsters, Beware laughing so much can give rise to sore ribs, hee hee:ROFLMAO:
Link Removed

Follow on from there to the Bath meet and make a decent holiday of it.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
People go to shows for various reasons...mine is,I have little interest in looking at new vans and cant think of anything else that I couldnt possibly live without, so I must simply go to meet up with the funsters.::bigsmile:

Me to, have a laugh meet great people if like me you like music .it.s 4 u, unless you went to the skanky Stratford one, as i,m a very mature teenager, i enjoyed Newbury an d am looking foreward to going to Shepton, which takes me back to the isle of wight festival in the 70,s , when us mob was putting up the tent , a group of Indian personel, asked if they could borrow our beautiful Shepton , it has been a standing joke when i meet my now ageing friends:ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Worth going there just to meet ShiftZZ to see if he is really as daft as a brush, mind you he will be stumped as there is not Tescos' near by for him to terrorise :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Just paid my fee, these Nigerian Credit Cards are relly good, last forever and dont need paying off.....

Johns Cross, is wrong again, there is a Tesco's in Shepton Mallett, well could be two. I know them well, they are on the Court papers banning me from entering any Tesco's site with the UK, Ireland, Pakistan and New Zealand

So get the bacon on JC, Mrs ShiftZZ and I will be there and chomping at the bit for anything that is free.:thumb:

ShiftZZ by Royal appointment to Albert II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco and the Hilda Ogden Fan Club

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Worth going there just to meet ShiftZZ to see if he is really as daft as a brush, mind you he will be stumped as there is not Tescos' near by for him to terrorise :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Ah Ha ! :thumb:

Tesco store at -SHEPTON MALLET TOWNSEND SHOPPING PARK,
TOWNSEND SHOPPING PARK,
SHEPTON MALLET,
SOMERSET,
BA4 5SB

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
meeting up with others is the best reason we can think of for going
once youv walked the stalls at one show its repeat at the other shows BUT the friends at each show do change
well we normaly see Duncan and Chris as most shows
hope they do well at them

Do not be as trusting as me when it comes to buying from some members on here PM me for more details
(yep i am a MUG do not be a MUG like me )
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
RogerIvy
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
I'm beginning to think that you bunch are fun to be with!

I was thinking of swinging a single day visit, but it seems staying over could be more entertaining. Hmmm .. depends on whether I can take the time off...

Rog

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back