LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well here we are in France at last,spent night 1 at berck aire and set off for the dordogne on the way a piece of French road jumped up and smashed my windscreen !!!!! We struggled on to dordogne via 31 miles of single c class rd courtesy of sat nav whom must of been on the piss - we have now had to pitch up on a site for 3 days whilst we await car glass of France to come and fix- shame really as we are now stuck in tempreture reaching 30+ and only wine whiskey a BBQ a swimming pool and loads of slim sexy French men & women to keep us company....so don't worry guys I think we will survive long enough----

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we had a window chipped in the same area, 1st day in france. got it repaired when we got home.
shame about the swimming pool and hot weather etc, never mind drown your sorrows in whiskey and the wine.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Dont know whether to say hardluck or well done !! :roflmto:

I hope your not eyeing up slim sexy Frenchmen Haggers, Nubile Nymphs yes Hairy Frogs No. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Jim
:winky:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
It's a tough life when things go wrong, isn't it? glad to see you are looking on the bright side though - don't let it get you down :winky:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
You poor thing being stranded out there with all that sun sea and yummy food. Hope you get your windscreen sorted , or you may have to stay out there longer than planned, what hardship:ROFLMAO:
Its been throwing it down all morning here. Just to make you feel a bit better:winky:
Bev

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Positive thinking - thats the ticket.

Phil

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
How many times did you have to drive up and down the road to get stuck in such a poor spot.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm sure you'll survive haggers .. :roflmto:

a salutary warning to those with an A class , especially US models, the screens can cost many thousands, so ensure you have full glass cover .. check your policy, some have a limit.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I'm sure you'll survive haggers .. :roflmto:

a salutary warning to those with an A class , especially US models, the screens can cost many thousands, so ensure you have full glass cover .. check your policy, some have a limit.

They say windscreen cover, I say how much, took heed the first time someone mentioned it:thumb:

Good reminder though:thumb:

Re OP, bugger off:Angry: Work, rain, need I say more:Angry:

:ROFLMAO:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Bloomin Nuisance.......Good to see you are not taking it too badly:thumb:

No trip is complete without a drama of some sort !

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
france

glad you found somewhere nice for a few days tell nikki to watch those french men .have you got the toad with yous?:Smile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thanks every one for your kind words -it's really hard here at the moment .the water in thE Pool was way to cold and we had real trouble swimming. I think the temperature hit 33 today and it was such a struggle knowing how to cope.. As I write this Nikki is deciding if she should drink the vodka or wine---me being t total I have opted to go straight for the j d and coke. The kids are making use of the free wifi and sitting in the air cooled van using electric..all for only 20 € a night in high season....tomorrow after my run of 5 miles I am off kayaking down the dordogne for 24 km to keep the kids amused whilst Nikki eyes up the talent---have fun now ps the flag is flying high here pPs no toad scran just the bikes

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Have a lovely holiday the Haganaps and take care

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun