OK, I am an anorak ... so what is your hobby (2 Viewers)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I was going to say my hobby was sex, but that is not true, just more of a dream.. so why am I an anorak (hate that word)... I collect and run model trains. Z gauge to be precise. I have a fairly large lay out with about 40 American diesel locos.. These are the very tiny engines.

I started off with Marklin (german made) but they were to much like a toy so I went over to AZL or MTL (American made items)... I dread to think how many wagons I have and what the cost has been, but I can say a lot of dosh. I make a lot of my own buildings and buy again American made lazer kits.

These loco even run of DCC (i.e I have a lot running the same time using the same track with one controller using coding signals to the locos)..

OK shown you mine, so what is your poison?

I bet I get as much stick from this post as I did over Ezzie the Saint Bernard being a spare battery for my disabled scooter.. oh hell you only live once:Eeek:

Bob

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
I was going to say my hobby was sex, but that is not true, just more of a dream.. so why am I an anorak (hate that word)... I collect and run model trains. Z gauge to be precise. I have a fairly large lay out with about 40 American diesel locos.. These are the very tiny engines.

I started off with Marklin (german made) but they were to much like a toy so I went over to AZL or MTL (American made items)... I dread to think how many wagons I have and what the cost has been, but I can say a lot of dosh. I make a lot of my own buildings and buy again American made lazer kits.

These loco even run of DCC (i.e I have a lot running the same time using the same track with one controller using coding signals to the locos)..

I bet I get as much stick from this post as I did over Ezzie the Saint Bernard being a spare battery for my disabled scooter.. oh hell you only live once:Eeek:

Bob

If you were a true anorak Bob, you'd be running a layout in the motorhome off the 12v dc supply...:Smile:

I have lots of hobbies and interests but the only odd one is flying tiny rc helicopters inside the motorhome.

Anorak? Nerd? who cares. Whatever floats your boat I say.
:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Always wanted a model railway as a lad, have come across wonderful layouts at every turn in my life even a friend in Norfolk who had a big garden layout how I wish I had gone ahead and built the model train I wanted.

Fate intervened when I had the space did not have the money, when I finally had the money did not have the space. Now I have both unfortunately do not have the inclination.

Was destined not to win.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do what you want to do Bob. You're not harming anbody. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

When we were expecting our first son - over 38 years ago now - I started bulding an N gauge railway. Had it quite nice at one time but other things intervened and it was taken apart and, eventually, sold off a few years ago. I think the board might still be somewhere in the garage though :Smile:

Graham

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
glad I am not the only one

OK Bob....you've shown us yours so here goes.................I build and sail (nationally) model racing yachts

http://www.rclaser.org.uk/

http://magicmicro.org/news.php

Link Removed

Been modeling, that is building flying, driving etc..since I was about 9 yrs old

That cheers me up no end.. I am not the only sad person that uses a motorhome. Like the idea of trying a helicopter in the RV.. have flown (crashed) petrol engines models a few years back (10) .. expensive on the rota's .. made boats, in fact have been in to model making since a boy.. these days I do the trains when I get a chance.

Bob

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Probably not at all interesting to you blokey blokes, but I'm a hooker.......

...I make hooked rugs..and quilts..and anything to do with textile art.

This is one I made for an exhibition a couple of years ago.

(Commissions undertaken :roflmto:)

Attachments

• Frogrug.jpg
    Frogrug.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 42
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
looks great to me Janine::bigsmile:

I can remember tatting and hook rug making with my aunties/gran etc:Blush:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Bob

Poison - that hits the mark.

RC helicopters.

Self inflicted pain way beyond anything Opus Dei gets up to.

Get the picture:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxQhZLzqmtI&feature=related[/ame]

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
OK Bob....you've shown us yours so here goes.................I build and sail (nationally) model racing yachts

http://www.rclaser.org.uk/

http://magicmicro.org/news.php

Link Removed

Been modeling, that is building flying, driving etc..since I was about 9 yrs old

I have a couple of Marblehead model sailing yachts never got round to sailing them unfortunately, they be 1Mtr hulls with 2Mtr masts big models.
Used to fly 3mtr Composite F3J competition gliders . Fly indoor and out door electric helis at the moment. Like to do a bit of fishing and bird watching and a bit of water colour painting, kin ell where's me anorack:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Well i have a few...

Amateur Radio
Motorbike's (Don't have one at mo)
Motorhoming ::bigsmile:
Gadget Collecting
Mountain Biking
Fixing Computers
Mobile Phones i am addicted have to have the latest need Iphone 4 NOW!
Curry's every Wednesday....

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
MotoGP
F1 and cars in general
Knitting and sewing stuff
Painting - dog portraits/doodles mainly

Hopefully some of the above will earn me some money when I bog off around Europe ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 28
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 27

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'm sure you could make money with the dog portraits - you've caught their characters beautifully.

The Jack Russell picture was dropped off last week and the owner's daughter told me that I'd 'captured the little s**t's evil face perfectly' so I take that as a compliment :ROFLMAO:

ake

Free Member
Jul 30, 2010
The Fair City o' Perth
Funster No
My main hobby at present is searching for a motorhome::bigsmile:
Also interested in Ford Transits, Land-Rovers and JCBs

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Hopefully some of the above will earn me some money when I bog off around Europe ::bigsmile:

Looks like you're in with a good chance to me. Get parked up in St Trop, must be loads of rich folk who love their pets.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you said it

RC helicopters.

Self inflicted pain way beyond anything Opus Dei gets up to.

Get the picture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxQhZLzqmtI&feature=related

You said it .. self inflicted pain in the wallet. mind you z gauge trains are just as expensive, but at least they do not drop out of the sky at 50 feet or tip over wrecking the blades.

It is so good to see that I am not the only sad one that spends the rest of his time out side the motorhome doing other things.... mind you I am about to wash the RV.. another 3 hours of work.. the son in law has turned up.. great he can get on the roof.

keep at it

Bob:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
For some reason I collect watches and cigarette lighters.

My wife thinks I am very weird because I rotate my watches so they all get used. I have about 70 so choosing which one "deserves" to go on holiday with me can be a chore.:Blush:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Seems to me that with all of us who enjoy flying radio controlled aircraft of one sort or another (I do radio contolled gliders and the little indoor helicoptors ) we should be able to muster up a squadron and protect ourselves from the sort of people who had a go at Kath (Champers) about the noise at Malvern.

Just a thought!!!:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It is so good to see that I am not the only sad one

Bob:thumb:

Hell of a site better than glued to Corri or giving dosh to overpaid footballers. It's constructive, keeps the grey cells active and a challenge.

And I've made so many people in China so happy. In fact they are going to name a town after me.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
MotoGP
F1 and cars in general
Knitting and sewing stuff

They are outstanding, I wish I could do domething like that
Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back