Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
I have been buying mags for years but I think I will stop, £3.50 for MMM, it eats into my payload, it weighs a ton and I just counted over 100 full page adverts, there are more but i got bored just 3/4s through:Eeek: over half the mag is adverts, the same ones that were in last months and the months before that!

There is nowt in them that I cannot get on the net and it will be easier on my payload, so as of today I will never buy another I should have stopped buying ages ago. :Smile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Not in my loo it isn't...

JJ :winky:

Fool:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have to say, now and again a mags fun but very now and again, usually just because I'm in the van and want immersing in motorhomeness:ROFLMAO:
or I'm not in the van and need a fix, of motorhomeness:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hows that BobT.....

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Used to have MMM delivered but gave up a long time ago now, used to buy for reports on vans but when they failed to report the Fiat saga and carried on as though they were all perfect I then gave up. What was the point the reports did not cover the facts.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Only bought a few MH mags 4 years ago when we were first getting into this lark and wanted to learn about motorhomes. Never bought one since. Forums, conversation and Google provide all the info I need. The only paper survivor is the C&CC Mag, which I have to have as part of membership (wish I could get a discount for not having it). It gets no more than 5 minutes peremptory scan, then it goes in the recycle bin as it's not a shining example of the journalist's art.

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Burger with no filling

I have been buying mags for years but I think I will stop, £3.50 for MMM, it eats into my payload, it weighs a ton and I just counted over 100 full page adverts, there are more but i got bored just 3/4s through:Eeek: over half the mag is adverts, the same ones that were in last months and the months before that!

There is nowt in them that I cannot get on the net and it will be easier on my payload, so as of today I will never buy another I should have stopped buying ages ago. :Smile:

I used to have 3 mags a month. MMM, Camping and Caravanning Club and the Caravan club. Piad for a year with the Caravan club then cancelled it. 90% leaning to caravans and very artificial - lots of gloss b ut no real substance - a Buger with no filling. I use some of the CCC sites so the mag comes each month, but still not a wonderful read. The MMM is more professionaly put together, but I agree it is the same adverts over and over. Look at the size of the magazine in December last year it was thin when no one wanted to advertise. Now they do.. but the general information has not gone up. You get the same people month after month that are professional travel writers like Andy Stothard churning out the same this in a different place (OK great pictures). It is stale and in fact boring.

I have considered a couple of times about canellling my subscription, but the odd letter is of help like the vets in France... paid 29 euros so that paid for a good part of the subscription for the year. Little of interest to an American owner, even the prices are so way out from real life.

I tend to look at this site and look generally on the internet these days and the mags end up in the waste paper bin after a quick scan.

So the jury is out for me on this.. not 100% sure that I want to go paperless and as one of our wits said - toilet paper is still needed but the glossy mag paper is no good for that:Blush:.. seriously I am not sure yet and will stick with the MMM for a while and see if things get worse or better (do they read our posts I wonder?)

Bob

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
I still read the mags. Maybe it is because I am a newbie at all this, but I still find the mags show me things that I had not even thought about, and if I had not thought about them I would not search them out. does that make sense? :RollEyes:

Each to their own I guess

David

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
make sense?

I still read the mags. Maybe it is because I am a newbie at all this, but I still find the mags show me things that I had not even thought about, and if I had not thought about them I would not search them out. does that make sense? :RollEyes:

Each to their own I guess

David

If you make sense on this forum then there is something really wrong with you, but I think we know what you are trying to say... well some of us do, there are some that would never understand.:Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Since I joined this forum, I rarely read mags so have cancelled subs to mmm, all the info I need is online

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back