Linton Lock Charges (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hi Guys,

Can`t help ourselves with this, we don`t mind paying to stay the night but think Linton Lock as pretty as the setting is are a little high with their fees.

£17 with EHU is fine but then having to pay £1 for a shower, only Chris and myself so that would have put another £4 per day, looking at the shower/toilet block whilst very clean it was a bit of a walk and only one toilet in the mens loo.

We have stayed at some very fancy campsites and for £21 per night we`ve had underfloor heating, piped music, full body showers and hair dryers.
Add to that laundry and washing facilities, veg prep areas etc etc.

As said Linton Lock does have some nice views but at £21 per night we think that is our one and only visit there.

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
Though we enjoyed ourselves tremendously with the company at Linton Lock, We must agree totally with your comments. Because of the distance to the toilets and the fact that there was only one gents "sit on" it became like a game of russian roulette. Still enjoyed the meal on saturday and the weather stayed dry!:Smile:

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have noticed how site charges are creeping up everywhere, may be we should have a leader board and name and shame the highest priced UK campsites, or would that in some perverse way advertise them and generate them more income:Doh:

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Not certain about the "Name and Shame" title but for sure some camp sites do appear to be chancing their arm and charging a couple of quid a night over what they are worth.

We really enjoyed Linton Lock as we said nice views and the walk along the river is very pleasant, (though heavens forbid don`t go through the Private Marina) Pammy and Geo worked hard at making the weekend a success so hats off to them.
Everyone was jolly (you couldn`t be anything else with those lovely crazy geordies around) and we all mixed together eating Pammy`s cakes but there are other sites in the area that offer better value for your money.

It was suggested by Pammy that we could draw up a list of campsites that would make a good venue for a motorhome rally, if anyone wants a good place to stay near Gloucester only 5 mins from M5 Junction 13 "The Tudor Caravan Park" gets our vote, you actually have to drive through the pub car park to get on the site.
Good food and beer in the pub, campsite is next to the Gloucester / Sharpness canal and a brand new shiney amenity block.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hey Rob you havent mentioned the cheap booze:RollEyes:
how many bottles was it::bigsmile:
I reckon your about 15 quid up on Sat night alone:thumb:
The Geordies made it a free weekend with what they drunk
For those that wernt there .Fosters£2.50 a pint :Eeek:
Geo

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Guys,
Can`t help ourselves with this, we don`t mind paying to stay the night but think Linton Lock as pretty as the setting is are a little high with their fees.

The BIG question is what is a site worth ?

Look in ACSI, you'll find €60 a night at this time of the year in France. Great facilities of course.

French municipal sites around €12, subsidised by the tax payer.

Biggest bargain this year was Butterfly at €140 for ten nights because of early booking and ACSI.

Runrig managed a meet at £7.50 for a field with electric and dump point, that was cheap.

So on the whole I don't think we were robbed, Rob, but I'll agree the shower charge is taking the piss.

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Er True Chris and I might have had a couple of drinks, but it wasn`t the best bottle of pauillac or muton rothschild was it....
Pammy kept an eye on me that is why I was so well behaved, didn`t want to have to stay behind after class did I...:winky:

Agree Brian we wern`t robbed but then again I never said we were, I just think that for £17 per night the showers should be included.

Hey we had a good time though didn`t we....don`t think there are any bloody fish in that river though...:winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes, we certainly had a good time.

Not surprised you got no fish though Rob. Size of that spinner you were using they probably thought it was another narrow boat and got out of the way :roflmto:

Graham

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Yes, we certainly had a good time.

Not surprised you got no fish though Rob. Size of that spinner you were using they probably thought it was another narrow boat and got out of the way :roflmto:

Graham

Oh don`t worry about the size of my spinner Graham (did I really say that) Pike are like women at a shoe and handbag sale...
They`ll grab anything.... :ROFLMAO:

Pssst don`t tell Chris I said that...:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
On a slightly subject when I looked at the Linton Lock website

I noticed on their gallary link once I had scrolled down a few photos on there entitled "Motorhome Fun October Meet"

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
The BIG question is what is a site worth ?

Look in ACSI, you'll find €60 a night at this time of the year in France. Great facilities of course.

French municipal sites around €12, subsidised by the tax payer.

Biggest bargain this year was Butterfly at €140 for ten nights because of early booking and ACSI.

Runrig managed a meet at £7.50 for a field with electric and dump point, that was cheap.

So on the whole I don't think we were robbed, Rob, but I'll agree the shower charge is taking the piss.

Quite agree, Brian, as soon as Nikki finishes work today we are off to France for some surf and Kayaking. We will pay between £20 - £70 per site depending on what we think it is worth to us and the kids. We supplemented it by Wild camping or using aires for a few nights.
It sounds like all had a great time at linton loch so in my opinion the £1 per night for the shower sounds well worth it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
as soon as Nikki finishes work today we are off to France for some surf and Kayaking.

You poor things. I hope you don't miss this wonderful English summer too much. Try and have a good time. Is Nikki's wine budget topped up ?

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Quite agree, Brian, as soon as Nikki finishes work today we are off to France for some surf and Kayaking. We will pay between £20 - £70 per site depending on what we think it is worth to us and the kids. We supplemented it by Wild camping or using aires for a few nights.
It sounds like all had a great time at linton loch so in my opinion the £1 per night for the shower sounds well worth it.

Point taken but unless the whole of the haganap family plan to shower together it`s going to cost a whole lot more than £1 per day. :Doh:

Whatever hope you enjoy France you do realise of course you are leaving the English Summer behind....:winky:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I have noticed how site charges are creeping up everywhere, may be we should have a leader board and name and shame the highest priced UK campsites, or would that in some perverse way advertise them and generate them more income:Doh:
the way some people are they would more than likley visit a site with a poor write up :ROFLMAO:

We try to wild camp where possible but that id getting harder to do with councils putting double yellow lines every where

what is so wrong in being able to sleep in a nice £40K motor home ???
hmmmm must be putting some ones nose out of joint :ROFLMAO:
scotland has the right way to go free camp where you want up there :thumb: shame it such a bloody cold wet place to visit :Eeek:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
scotland has the right way to go free camp where you want up there :thumb: shame it such a bloody cold wet place to visit :Eeek:

Last weekend in Kintyre was not cold or wet.

Attachments

• 13082010563.jpg
    13082010563.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 12

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back