Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I carry but have never used leveling blocks. But then I am not restricted to sites, in fact never use them so if I park someplace thats not level I move. Am I the only one or are there habitual wild campers who would/do use them. does a couple of inches over the width of an axle really may any difference, a couple of degrees at most (well until the mathematicians get their calculators out, hee hee.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we dont usually wildcamp so always use ours roger but i'm fussy spending ages getting 100%.
nothing worse than 'feeling' on a slant.

maybe goes back to tent camping days when the sleeping bag ended up at the bottom or side of the tent.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Roger never used them :ROFLMAO: but then again I do not carry them :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:I must admit to either going onto my pitch either forwards or backwards depending on slope :thumb: then lowering the rear air suspension to suit :RollEyes:
We also just change ends of the bed
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
I have a pair of millenco monsters, and use them all the time. Cant be doing with sleeping on a slope, or having the eggs slide to one side of the frying pan. :roflmto: Adjustable suspension would be nice....but does it do all four corners???

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
I never use them horrible things..

Link Removed

Oh hang on yes i do our van has such a rear to front difference we had to maybe it will get better when the supension beds in as it is new..

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have four of the big fiamma blocks, saves falling out of bed on dodgy sites

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Cost Tony Santara and new fridge not leveling up a few year back and cost him i believe ÂŁ1250:cry::cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Oh hang on yes i do our van has such a rear to front difference we had to maybe it will get better when the supension beds in as it is new..

you're forgetting one important thing here.....as the rears 'bed in' so will the front :Doh::roflmto:

put 17" wheels on the front...job sorted. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
due to the wonderful design of my Swift, even on level ground the water in the shower will no drain away unless the front of the van is 6" higher that the back. so we have to use the most of the time.

Doug...

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
due to the wonderful design of my Swift, even on level ground the water in the shower will no drain away unless the front of the van is 6" higher that the back. so we have to use the most of the time.

Doug...
Have you checked the waste pipe routing? I know our sink pipe ducks under a chassis member before going back uphill to the tank - which slows the drainage. Summat i have to alter when i get round to it. I couldnt be doing with walking up and down hill all day long! ::bigsmile:

These folk who never use levels, prefering to 'find somewhere flat', must use a load more juice trailing around with a spirit level strapped to the bonnet. :roflmto:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Have you checked the waste pipe routing? I know our sink pipe ducks under a chassis member before going back uphill to the tank - which slows the drainage. Summat i have to alter when i get round to it. I couldnt be doing with walking up and down hill all day long! ::bigsmile:

These folk who never use levels, prefering to 'find somewhere flat', must use a load more juice trailing around with a spirit level strapped to the bonnet. :roflmto:

The van is higher at the back than the front, the waste tank is aft of the shower, therefore the tank connection is higher that the shower outlet, its not slow, it wont drain.

Doug...

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The van is higher at the back than the front, the waste tank is aft of the shower, therefore the tank connection is higher that the shower outlet, its not slow, it wont drain.

Doug...
In that case, it can only be a poor design.

You may have another chance to overcome this. On my own van, the shower outlet is plain to see under the van. Ive been toying with the idea of putting a T peice in the pipe immediately it exits the shower, along with a drain tap. Theres been a few times our shower has struggled to drain if i havent got the levels just right. (another peice of slack design work!) In these instances, i could stick a grey container directly under the shower - which would then drain on just about any adverse incline.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back