Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Hazel and I are going back to france 1st week in September (horray):thumb: But only for a week :Angry:(boo) So we thought we would stay top end, probably Brittany area. We will not be towing the bike so relying on parking up to see the sights etc. Any suggestions please for good aires and must see places?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
That's funny we are doing the same and my wife is Hazel, I will be keeping an eye on this thread with interest

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:ROFLMAO: im on the ferry on the 1st,, a council site at le tre port is good 7e per day inc elec:roflmto: walking distance to town:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just follow the coast, plenty of great aires, here are a few that we visited .. click on icon for info and pictures, street view also available

Google Map

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
us too we are off to brittany area on the chunnel late train 26th for 10 days

should give you a wave on way back glyn & rachel

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
There is simply load of great places but here is a few of the top of me head

North

St Malo
Cancal (Oysters)
Dinan
St Cast / Guildo

South

Golfe du Morbihan (Arzon)
Quiberon

Finistaire is great but can be very wild and windy, its a bit like the west coast of Scotland

105sap

Free Member
Aug 9, 2010
county durham
Funster No
Exp
5 months
brittany

have been to Brittany many times but never in mh, Dinan ,Dinard ,St Malo, Dol de Bretagne are all good places so is a little place called Paimpont its where King Arthur came from .....or so they say if your travelling from Calais then Honfluer is woth calling into as is Monte St Michel not in Brittany but on the way .....hope you enjoy it we will be making our first trip in our new mh next year

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Finistaire is great but can be very wild and windy, its a bit like the west coast of Scotland

Indeed, but without the rain and the midges.. :roflmto:

Just back from two weeks on the west coast and Isle of Skye and it rained EVERY day .. and we had to buy head nets to keep the biting buggers at bay .. I've never known them to be soo bad, but it was still a great trip ..

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Indeed, but without the rain and the midges.. :roflmto:

Just back from two weeks on the west coast and Isle of Skye and it rained EVERY day .. and we had to buy head nets to keep the biting buggers at bay .. I've never known them to be soo bad, but it was still a great trip ..

Got bitten in the lakes last week a bit but not too bad, currently in Ayrshire on our way to the Isle of Arran for a week or so, just went on a whim, nothing booked just a week of wilding and hopefully no midges. Been befor several times but Never been in August so fingers crossed.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Got bitten in the lakes last week a bit but not too bad, currently in Ayrshire on our way to the Isle of Arran for a week or so, just went on a whim, nothing booked just a week of wilding and hopefully no midges. Been befor several times but Never been in August so fingers crossed.

Hi Barry

we also went to Arran to visit my eldest son who lives in Lochranza, if you pass there, his cottage is on the left just after the distillery.
We spent two days there and I noticed lots of great overnight spots .. There is a forest car park at the King's Cave where I saw a couple of vans parked up plus a tent pitched in the forest..
We then took the ferry from Lochranza to Claonaig, this was cheaper than an Ardrossan Brodic return .. then up to Oban and Isle of Skye ..

have a great trip :Smile:

Left-Hooker

Free Member
Aug 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5 Years
My favourite and most often travelled route is..

Calais for Auchan diesel and chips from the 'All Nations',
Le Croytoy,
Honfleur,
Le Mont Saint Michel,
Paimpont,
Etel

About 450 miles each way, easy driving and aires all the way. If you see an old Hymer travelling this way in September.. WAVE!! :thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Two poster have mentioned Paimpont, and now I'm interested can you please give more information please, I have Googled earth it, is it possible to fish the lake and are they good safe roads for cycling?

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Brittany

On the south coast:
Auray
Vannes
Concarneau
Carnac
Pont Aven
Quimper

All nice places

105sap

Free Member
Aug 9, 2010
county durham
Funster No
Exp
5 months
paimpont

Dane. Paimpont is a lovely place , peacefull is the word i think. There is a path all the way round the lake which is suitable for bikes , and also wheelchairs ,prams etc.Not far from it is the French equivelant of Sandhurst the Officer training college where they are very happy to let you visit if you are interested in things like that. I am not sure about fishing in the lake but there is a tourist information office there so you should be able to find out from them.

rhoda

Free Member
Mar 19, 2010
Winchester Hampshire
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Brittany

Hi Mick/Diablo,
I am just back from 7 weeks in a boat doing the North Brittany coast. If you are in to visiting the coastal towns then I can recommend Dahouet, Binic, Paimpol, Lezardrieux and Tregiuer. A must is Dinan, on the River Rance 12 miles inland from St Malo.

Each place we went to we hunted out the Aires for future reference - they all looked OK but even in July, got crowded by mid-afternoon, so I would advise early starts and afternoon rather than evening arrivals. Plenty of ordinary camp sites in/near each town.

We were amazed at the number of motor homes we saw - almost every 4th vehicle at times. But they all seemed to find somewhere for the night - the French are really in to motor homing in a big way.

Rhoda

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back