Rv Insurance cautionary tale beware (1 Viewer)

RDV

Free Member
Aug 11, 2010
Funster No
I have recently sold my RV and contacted my insurers ADRIAN FLUX to inform them and apply for a rebate of unused insurance. They informed me there was no rebate due as the insurance has run for more than 8 months as per their terms and conditions (8 months and 4 days) You dont get their terms and conditions until after you have signed up and paid. So if you are selling yours or taking it off the road, read the small print or better still dont do business with ADRIAN FLUX you have been warned.:cry:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Small print does have to be read carefully - there are many insurers who limit the percentage of the vehicles value that they will pay out on - this needs to be checked as well, and gap insurance purchased if you are in a high risk area. This can sometimes be as low as 50%....bear in mind that they run on TRADE value, and not retail, and that is a pitiful amount!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Just having the riggle out of paying up for my stolen generator at Llangollen nothing suprises me.

I can afford to replace it.

Not AF though:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have recently sold my RV and contacted my insurers ADRIAN FLUX to inform them and apply for a rebate of unused insurance. They informed me there was no rebate due as the insurance has run for more than 8 months as per their terms and conditions (8 months and 4 days) You dont get their terms and conditions until after you have signed up and paid. So if you are selling yours or taking it off the road, read the small print or better still dont do business with ADRIAN FLUX you have been warned.:cry:

There is nothing unusual in those terms.

Insurance cost is not linear, there is a lot up front setting up the policy, commissions to anyone with their snout in the trough so by 8 months there's not much they can give back.

How many other forums have you joined just to slag of Adrian Flux ?

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Perhaps you could tell us how much better are the terms offered by the other major insurers of MHs/RVs?

I imagine very few would offer anything worthwhile after such a period.

I have no connection with this insurer nor have I ever made use of its services.

OP
OP
R

RDV

Free Member
Aug 11, 2010
Funster No
As many forums as I like to slag Adrian Flux

Thank you for your reply Brian, your attitude of lay back and be walked on by insurance and other corporate bodies only reinforces my determination to speak out against these people who constantly take the P*** and we pay through the nose. Where is your Dunkirk spirit.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

and then you have 14 days in which to refuse/return the policy for a full refund(distance selling regs) unless you have made a claim in that time. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I find the small print mind boggling, I was never a solicitor sadly:cry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Most bike insurers nowadays will not give a penny back after 7 months on cover

Both my own and Mo's car insurance state 8 months but so far been unable to find a date on the Saga one for the MH

It seem standard nowadays.
Does not make it right but does mean pretty much all the insurance companies ..

Sooo.. ( and I do not mean this to be rude ) apart from moaning about the situation RDV, what else are you planning to do ?
I ask as you mention the Dunkerque spirit and those involved in that shindig did a whole lot more than moan about the enemy, and if you have a reasonable plan of action others may well join you.. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
On my bus insurance the broker (sureteam) get almost as much as the underwriters.

Seems unfair but there you are non want to return a penny.

I have a problem at present as pay monthly and changing banks there was a problem while in hospital and they are trying to charge me £40 and not being understanding at all.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
There is nothing unusual in those terms.

Insurance cost is not linear, there is a lot up front setting up the policy, commissions to anyone with their snout in the trough so by 8 months there's not much they can give back.

How many other forums have you joined just to slag of Adrian Flux ?

Bearing this in mind I find it surprising that they make little effort to retain old customers while spending a fortune to recruit new customers. There is little or no incentive to remain loyal to any one company and brokers seem to encourage switching companies. (Something in it for them?).

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Bearing this in mind I find it surprising that they make little effort to retain old customers while spending a fortune to recruit new customers. There is little or no incentive to remain loyal to any one company and brokers seem to encourage switching companies. (Something in it for them?).

From reading the forum lots of mh'ers switch Insurers every year because they get a better deal. Its actually not the Insurance Company that they change its the Broker.

You can move fom one Broker to another and still be covered by the same Insurance Company (Underwriter) for less money which is very strange.

As for ADRIAN FLUX and their terms and conditions they are pretty much Idenical to other Insurers.

The clause concerning not being able to cancel your policy after a certain amount of time is very clear in their documentation and given that most other companies do the same deal I dont see a reason to criticism them for it, other things maybe but not that one.
Jim
:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In my opinion all insurance is a "rip off" in one way or another and is only worth anything if you are a worrying person and find "peace of mind" by buying it..

JJ

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
In my opinion all insurance is a "rip off" in one way or another and is only worth anything if you are a worrying person and find "peace of mind" by buying it..

JJ

Agreed, the only reason that I have Insurance is to stay Road Legal

Jim
:Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

JJ
This is why everyones premiums are going up. :Doh:
Because more and more people are not insured.
When they are involved in an accident , with you , who are insured its a pain in the but. :Angry:
I dont think its about peace of mind or being a worrying kind. If you drive an old uninsured shed and bump into another car/MH
You wouldn't be that bothered . But the other driver certainly would be. :whatthe:
It annoys me that people drive without tax , insurance , mot's, even licenses. Then just get a ban , from what they shouldn't have been doing in the first place:restmycase:

I'm not saying you are this type of person BTW , JJ :ROFLMAO:
Bev

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
I have just sold a motor bike, and bought another to replace it, my original policy runs out on august 30th, they wanted £35 to change the paper work.It gets worst, the new bike is older cheaper and smalller cc, they wanted the same price as the bike I,ve sold, I told them this and went on to say i would not be renewing with them, suddenly out of nowhere they offer to drop their commission by .............. £45 bringing them to within £5 of the cheapest quote I had already received.

The point I am making if we all understand that any company are only there to take money off us and give us a little as possible in return, that goes for anything from a packet of crisps to houses.

The point about naming and shaming, I don't agree with Mr H, the sooner these companies realise that we the punters speak to each other and realise we are being ripped off the better

But I will not name the company that I used, past tense, on any forum as I have found it will also upset as many as it helps no matter how few or many post the writer has. I did not take their kind offer and went elsewhere, after fully explaining to a supervisor why. If we all did this they would soon learn to offer the best price straight away rather than waste every ones time.

If any one wants to know were not to go to get motorcycle insurance please send me a PM.

Now were is Victor Meldrew`s autobiography.

I don't believe it

Nick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back