Mar 6, 2010
Worcester area
Funster No
MH
C class Ducato LP
Exp
36 months
Hi funsters,
Story so far - Thetford fridge in our Bessacarr reg 2008 has worked fine for last 3000 miles with its automatic selection of energy source etc. Last week we had a big party and filled the fridge with beer to chill it due to lack of space elsewhere. All lights working etc. When time came to drink it the beer was warm!:cry:
This week with the fridge empty I used our thermometer to check whether it was cooling for three days. Temperature remained high at 18oC- but all lights indicated everything was fine.
So, due to go off to Britanny next month, booked the van into Marquis to get the damn thing checked. I expect you can guess the rest - Marquis did a series of tests and left me drinking tea for 2 hours until they concluded they could find nothing wrong with it. Their equipment and my themometer showed it was now cooling OK.
What might have happened :Angry:(remember fridge didnt work ful AND empty) and now seems to work fine???
Suggestions please (sorry about length of post)
Since then it has worked fine.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Was the van parked on an incline? I seem to recall some fridges will switch off if the van is at an angle to prevent damage to the fridge as they only work well when flat and level.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
company in ashford kent called[ ashford services ] r great fixed mine then sent tilshead caravans the bill ,after they said no nothing wrong with it at all ,,,n it only took them 1 hr to find n fix it ,, they do all gas/elec things in the m/home

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

keithfal

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Worcester area
Funster No
MH
C class Ducato LP
Exp
36 months
Update on fridge

Hi funsters,
Story so far - Thetford fridge in our Bessacarr reg 2008 has worked fine for last 3000 miles with its automatic selection of energy source etc. Last week we had a big party and filled the fridge with beer to chill it due to lack of space elsewhere. All lights working etc. When time came to drink it the beer was warm!:cry:
This week with the fridge empty I used our thermometer to check whether it was cooling for three days. Temperature remained high at 18oC- but all lights indicated everything was fine.
So, due to go off to Britanny next month, booked the van into Marquis to get the damn thing checked. I expect you can guess the rest - Marquis did a series of tests and left me drinking tea for 2 hours until they concluded they could find nothing wrong with it. Their equipment and my themometer showed it was now cooling OK.
What might have happened :Angry:(remember fridge didnt work ful AND empty) and now seems to work fine???
Suggestions please (sorry about length of post)
Since then it has worked fine.
Well I checked today and its working better than ever!

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Had a similar problem when we had a Burstner Caravan - took it in to Chelston for a check up they stripped it all down checked all gas & electric connections - cleaned the flue changed the jet etc and declared there was no problem that they could find - it never missed a beat after that - they put it down to a possible bad electric connection but they did not actually find the cause - it was all done under warranty so no cost to me. Had a similar problem with the side lights on the same van. Nearside lights were intermittent at times - always when we were miles away - usually came on after a mile or two - took it back a few times and they could not find any problem - one they played up and I took it straight into them and they found a bad earth and solved it - again no cost. So often these things are very hard to find when they are intermittent :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back