Carthago c line v e line (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the carthago c line and the e line versions

I am struggling to see the differences as there are different models in both the c line and e line models

Its all a bit confusing if you ask me

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
Depends what you want the C-Line offers reasonable spec with good payload. The E-Line offers a better spec Alde heating, larger tanks,bigger locker space and heavy duty fittings on the plumbing. The downside is the payload suffers on the E-Line unless you go for 6-wheel version. It also has more headroom and is generally longer spec/spec as layouts similiar. We like you looked at both decided the E-Line was worth the premium and have been very pleased with quality of the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
So I have just bought a c line superior spec is

Alde heating
Auto gearbox
150 bhp engine
Satellite tv system
2 tv systems
Air con in the habitation area
Cupboards in lou of the bed over the seats
Extra sky lights in the lounge area
White fronted cupboards
Full leather
Coffee machine
Plated at 4500kg
Alloy chequer plate on garage floor
19cm additional ceiling hight
Wind out awning

So what would I have got with an E line over and above what I have got on the c line

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Already got that now :D

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've been in Jon's e-line a few times it does ooze quality and if you can afford it well worth the extra cash.
You do need to budget for a soap box to stand on to reach the roof lights.:)

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
That’s a good spec, that’s the kind of spec I put on my spreadsheet which reduced the price gap. Also I have been to the Carthago factory in Germany and seen where the e-line/s-line is built our previous van was a C-tourer built in Slovenia which was good but the current one better on fit and finish. My mate Lenny and I have had big conversations comparing Hymer & Carthago, think the bottom line being Hymer is more inavative but Carthago better quality.
Also Lenny likes a deal and he can do that easier on Hymer.
So bottom line you pays you’re money and makes your choice, either way C or E line both very good vans.....Enjoy!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Also Lenny likes a deal and he can do that easier on Hymer.
Is that your way of saying he's a cheapskate? :D2

Jun 22, 2011
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Pretty sure the c line is the "compact" version. Its main selling point is that it is narrower than most A classes and so easier to manouevre

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Pretty sure the c line is the "compact" version. Its main selling point is that it is narrower than most A classes and so easier to manouevre
That's the C-Compact line, they also do a C-Tourer which is the wider one, then there's the Chic C-Line too which I suspect is the one being discussed with is a chubby one too.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You being cheeky again.:D
Of course not, just trying to understand what Jon was implying ... doesn't mean I agree with it ... :D2

Now to me, Lenny me old chum, u iz sensible ... like wot I iz ... no point in spending loads of dosh for 'bling' so you can legitimately wear a heavy gold medallion round your neck like Stringfellow used to ... you're more of a chocolate penny kind of guy! :LOL:

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
I can confirm LennyHB always pays his round, but he does like a haggle and feels the pain if finds someone has bought better, he’s very proud of his FLT credentials and enjoys taking the pe.... out of me on the money I waste on prison sites.

Reactions: two
May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
Getting back to the original post from LA it’s worth joining the Carthago Owners Club as has very good Facebook forum should you need any info on your Chic and has lots going on both here and abroad,

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Thanks for the replies after looking again at the e line I can see what people mean regards the extra height and the extra room in the floor neither of which I am really too worried about and as mentioned it will affect the payload as still rated at 4500kg same as my c line but obviously a heavier van when empty

What I do really like on the e line is the way the garage doors open vertically I much prefer this not sure why I just do

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
Yep you also get a side hatch which pulls out and up like you get on a coach, useful if parked on an Aire .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
What I do really like on the e line is the way the garage doors open vertically I much prefer this not sure why I just do
Problem with those is that if you need to be in there and someone has parked closed to you, you're stuffed!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Problem with those is that if you need to be in there and someone has parked closed to you, you're stuffed!
From memory, not the one on the e-liner I saw. It was not hinged conventionally. It had a parallelogram system that moved the door out and up whilst keeping it vertical. It therefore stuck out a lot less than a normal vertically or horizontally hinged door. Clever design that enabled you to open the door in tight spaces

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
From memory, not the one on the e-liner I saw. It was not hinged conventionally. It had a parallelogram system that moved the door out and up whilst keeping it vertical. It therefore stuck out a lot less than a normal vertically or horizontally hinged door. Clever design that enabled you to open the door in tight spaces
Only clever if it's not raining! :)

But useful when on a roadside.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think vertical opening is better than conventionally hinged (opening to one side) because they are less affected by wind (and slip-stream), Peter.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think vertical opening is better than conventionally hinged (opening to one side) because they are less affected by wind (and slip-stream), Peter.
Not wise to drive with them open.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back