one woman and a whippet (1 Viewer)

tantanell

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
trawling through europe
Funster No
Exp
camping forever.motorhoming 8years
hi everyone, I've been stalking :) the site for a while now, with the intention of one day touring europe with my '78 VW, so technically not a 'motorhomer', but I've bought an Adria and am off to Zante with my whippet. My daughter is working there for the summer so I'm off for a few months visiting friends along the way. Currently in brittany with my sister and family and hope to leave in a few days. I've already had a bolt gone in my front tyre so have had to wait for the garage to sort that out!! minor problem :roflmto:
anyway, I'm wondering where the long term travellers (do we call ourselves that?) get their hair cut? I'm a hairdresser , ladies and gents, and hope to pick up some work along the way!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A great idea Tantanell... maybe some cards printed for slipping under wiper blades?

Smudger told me of a local Portuguese man who did washing and ironing for the motorhomers off site camping at Vila Real, Algarve and at the other end of the Algarve a guy goes around the English vans and sorts out their satellite dishes/boxes for a fee.

...but remember not to do too much work....

JJ

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I solved that problem - I married a hair dresser - saved and absolute fortune over the years :thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I solved that problem - I married a hair dresser - saved and absolute fortune over the years :thumb:

I married a builder , ditto :thumb:

Hello and welcome to the site , one woman and a whippet.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi tantanel, Thanks for eventually registering and welcome to the fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

I married a builder ditto.

Hello one woman and a whippet , and welcome to MHF

OP
OP
T

tantanell

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
trawling through europe
Funster No
Exp
camping forever.motorhoming 8years
hi all again. thanks for all your replies and support. its really appreciated. maybe bump into you all one day... well, not literally I hope! I've been busy looking at maps and routes. I'm hoping to go via cahors, south of france and round the coast eventually to get the ferry to patras. any one done the route? any advice good or bad I'd be grateful.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Note to self - Get new Glasses!!

I thought it said one woman and a whip!!

Dissapointed yet again, ah well at least its raining in Glasgiow and I have a great view of someone killing a cat (bagpipe) Why oh why do they do it...

Oh yes, hello "one woman and a whippet" .

ShiftZZ

PS, do you have a whip? Just wondering, day dreaming passing the time of day, waiting for Emmerdale on TV.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Note to self - Get new Glasses!!

I thought it said one woman and a whip!!

Dissapointed yet again, ah well at least its raining in Glasgiow and I have a great view of someone killing a cat (bagpipe) Why oh why do they do it...

Oh yes, hello "one woman and a whippet" .

ShiftZZ

PS, do you have a whip? Just wondering, day dreaming passing the time of day, waiting for Emmerdale on TV.

Well if it's pain you want, just put on your St George tee-shirt and go out tonight shouting "eh youuuuuuuu Jimmy, England rules OK".

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm hoping to go via cahors, south of france and round the coast eventually to get the ferry to patras. any one done the route? any advice good or bad I'd be grateful.

There was at least one funster in Greece this year, use the search button above.

Here, done it for you:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Can I see the figures to back this up please !

Simples - if you take an average over the years (45) @ £9.50 and a trim every 3 weeks thats 45 x 52 / 6 x 9.50 thats £3705.00 saved and such personal service - have never found a barber that I fancy half as much as the missus and I don't have to travel to get a haircut either and such personal service !! :ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Simples - if you take an average over the years (45) @ £9.50 and a trim every 3 weeks thats 45 x 52 / 6 x 9.50 thats £3705.00 saved

OK, now show me your wife's CC statements for 45 years !!!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Simples - if you take an average over the years (45) @ £9.50 and a trim every 3 weeks thats 45 x 52 / 6 x 9.50 thats £3705.00 saved and such personal service - have never found a barber that I fancy half as much as the missus and I don't have to travel to get a haircut either and such personal service !! :ROFLMAO:

I'm not a professor of mathematics but I spotted a fundamental flaw in that formula. Shouldn't "every 3 weeks" be "every 6 months at the most"? :roflmto:

Graham

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
OK, now show me your wife's CC statements for 45 years !!!!

Two things there - they had not invented CC s back then and when they did I had one and kept it under lock and key - you know the old saying 'whats yours is mine and what mines my own'

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm not a professor of mathematics
Graham

Did anyone suspect this ?

I spotted a fundamental flaw
Graham

That would be, if he averages £9.50, over 45 years, for a haircut, what the hell is he paying now. Christ, he could have a night with a serious woman of ill repute for that average. Well it makes a change from the whip, cut my hair while I errr hmmmmm errrrrr.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
I'm not a professor of mathematics but I spotted a fundamental flaw in that formula. Shouldn't "every 3 weeks" be "every 6 months at the most"? :roflmto:

Graham

Nah should have been every 6 weeks when I put 3 weeks in the missus told me my memory was fading but cannot stand hair tickling my ears so she trims it regulary - I just pick a night when she is in a good mood - those scissors look horribly sharp you know :Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Two things there - they had not invented CC s back then and when they did I had one and kept it under lock and key - you know the old saying 'whats yours is mine and what mines my own'

I can tell when a man's bluffing. For goodness sake wipe that sweat off your brow.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
That would be, if he averages £9.50, over 45 years, for a haircut, what the hell is he paying now. Christ, he could have a night with a serious woman of ill repute for that average. Well it makes a change from the whip, cut my hair while I errr hmmmmm errrrrr.

In the beginning it was a charge for the volume of hair now its a charge for the finding what left - I am not going bald - just getting too tall for my hair:RollEyes:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I'd need tobe able grow some to need cutting:Sad:

Enjoy your travels:winky::thumb: