Gas heating problem (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I have a Truma heating and hot water boiler.My problem ,which has just started to happen, is when I put a gas burner on to boil a kettle the boiler cuts out and won’t
Work until I turn the gas ring off. It only does it on gas,if I have heating on EHU all works as it should. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Probably gas flow rate too low. Could be a gummed up regulator, only giving a low flow rate, fine for the hob but not enough for the Combi.
Another option if you filled the gas up last time in Spain you could have a high percentage of butane which can't give a high enough flow rate in cool conditions.

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Probably gas flow rate too low. Could be a gummed up regulator, only giving a low flow rate, fine for the hob but not enough for the Combi.
Another option if you filled the gas up last time in Spain you could have a high percentage of butane which can't give a high enough flow rate in cool conditions.

We have a Gaslow system which is about two years old,so shouldn’t be a gummed up regulator at that age would you think?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a Gaslow system which is about two years old,so shouldn’t be a gummed up regulator at that age would you think?
The regulator whould have been on the van from new not part of the Gaslow system. The regulators are known for failing at any age.

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
The regulator whould have been on the van from new not part of the Gaslow system. The regulators are known for failing at any age.

Thanks Lenny,I will have a look at replacing the regulator then.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How cold has it been where you are? If its been very cold it could cause the regulator to freeze or partly-freeze thus reducing the amount of gas passing through it which could be sufficient for the burner but not the boiler/heater which requires a lot more gas.

It could also be that you haven't got as much gas in as you thought ... try filling it up and see if that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
All the possibilities are above.
Try topping up with more Propane. If that solves it, you've accumulated too much Butane in your LPG.
Then make sure the regulator is not iced-up.
If still struggling, change the regulator.
I think it's most likely to be the regulator, so you could start by replacing that instead. A spare one (if that wasn't the problem) is always any to have.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back