Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I've just googled it.
It's Joe Lycett.
He's ok as a comedian but he has big shoes to fill with Claudia :(

It think it will be fine I am holding GBBO moving and still being lovely as my beacon of hope :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I've just googled it.
It's Joe Lycett.
He's ok as a comedian but he has big shoes to fill with Claudia :(

Lol. I am still struggling with vertigo and vision ... I read that and thought you meant he had big feet! :doh:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Lol. I am still struggling with vertigo and vision ... I read that and thought you meant he had big feet! :doh:
I’m the same Joy my vision is really bad at the moment but I don’t suffer from vertigo that must be horrendous :hugs:

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
20190209_103515.jpg

The table runner is coming on.
I had to stop making octopals for a while as my hands get too achy from time to time so I need a project which doesn't require such tight work.
Anyone else got pictures of their current project they'd like to share?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
New project day!

I finished knitting this jacket yesterday - although I enjoyed the challenge of getting the cables right, I am not too happy with the look of the decreases on the yoke. The picture on the pattern looks the same so I guess I will just have to live with it. Need to find some nice buttons now.

I may do some rug hooking for a change from knitting and crochet.

F13475B8-C1DA-421A-99F3-FD2B64623203.jpeg
D87E0FBD-CB30-4E71-86AA-D440AE8473C0.jpeg

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
New project day!

I finished knitting this jacket yesterday - although I enjoyed the challenge of getting the cables right, I am not too happy with the look of the decreases on the yoke. The picture on the pattern looks the same so I guess I will just have to live with it. Need to find some nice buttons now.

I may do some rug hooking for a change from knitting and crochet.

View attachment 282615 View attachment 282616
I made a similar design a few years ago and ended up donating it to a charity shop as I couldn't live with the way the yoke ended up. I think I unpicked and re did the yoke a couple of times too before finally finishing it as it just looked odd.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I made a similar design a few years ago and ended up donating it to a charity shop as I couldn't live with the way the yoke ended up. I think I unpicked and re did the yoke a couple of times too before finally finishing it as it just looked odd.

I have never persevered with anything as much as I did with this! I probably spent as much time un-knitting as I did knitting.

The yarn was nice to work with though - it came from Hobbycraft. They were doing 3 for the price of 2 so it cost £20 but there is enough to make another one! (Womens Institute Aran 400g £10)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Janine it is beautiful and that one of favourite colours (have a few of them.)

Can't see a problem on the yoke but maybe once the buttons on it may hang more happily for you. Is there a button hole right at the top or are there just two and a prest ud? If just a prestud maybe a false button on top may make a difference .. ? But to be honest I think you should be giving yourself a slap on the back .. it's gorgeous.

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750

Can't see a problem on the yoke but maybe once the buttons on it may hang more happily for you. Is there a button hole right at the top or are there just two and a prest ud? If just a prestud maybe a false button on top may make a difference .. ? But to be honest I think you should be giving yourself a slap on the back .. it's gorgeous.
For me, re the one of a similar design I made, it looked fine when not worn. As soon as I put it on it just hung all wrong.
Of course it could easily be that I'm misshapen and the pattern was fine!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
For me, re the one of a similar design I made, it looked fine when not worn. As soon as I put it on it just hung all wrong.
Of course it could easily be that I'm misshapen and the pattern was fine!

I have a poncho like that .. or had .. gave it to my daughter and she used it as a couch throw... Darn it .. I wished I'd thought of that first .. :)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
vertigo that must be horrendous
It is, I had that years ago when I worked in Swansea, I couldn't figure out why I was bashing into desks just try to get from A to B. It got worse and while I was off sick at home I was throwing up as well, I can't imagine what the unbalanced me trying to reach the bathroom must have looked like.....not a nice feeling at all.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

There are 3 buttonholes - it's secured with an old nappy pin at the moment :)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
It is, I had that years ago when I worked in Swansea, I couldn't figure out why I was bashing into desks just try to get from A to B. It got worse and while I was off sick at home I was throwing up as well, I can't imagine what the unbalanced me trying to reach the bathroom must have looked like.....not a nice feeling at all.

I get vertigo occasionally but made a stunning discovery this week - it can be caused by taking ibuprofen! A definite link as far as I'm concerned. Horrid feeling when you have to hang on to the wall to get to the bathroom.

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I've been getting it since I had concussion a couple of weeks ago. I'm learning to manage it now. It happens if I move my head quickly or bend down for any reason, or look up. Sometimes out of the blue when I'm in bed and haven't moved too, but that's happening much less now.
So basically I avoid doing any of those things as far as possible. It was difficult to start with but now I mostly remember before doing them and stop.
I don't get nausea, thank goodness. But I don't get travel or sea sick either.
I'm going to see My gp next week and give them my Spanish discharge letter to add to my records.
Also, the symptoms I'm still getting are from the concussion. But something made me collapse in the first place so I'd like that looked at.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The colourful quilt is all machine pieced. The diamonds start as an oblong and have squares joined diagonally at both ends.
I am really cheating on Winnie the Pooh because I’m using a full panel and not using any patchwork! I’m just trying to decide how to quilt it.
Suggestions welcome.
View attachment 281917

I would use the printed design and quilt round that then decide which parts needed to stand proud (as in no quilting) and which need more texture (quilt). The background has a lot of "negative space" so needs a lot of fill quilting.

Anyone else got pictures of their current project they'd like to share?

I'm making a pair of socks for Martin with all the odds and ends of sock wool I have left over. Photo when done :)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I've been getting it since I had concussion a couple of weeks ago. I'm learning to manage it now. It happens if I move my head quickly or bend down for any reason, or look up. Sometimes out of the blue when I'm in bed and haven't moved too, but that's happening much less now.
So basically I avoid doing any of those things as far as possible. It was difficult to start with but now I mostly remember before doing them and stop.
I don't get nausea, thank goodness. But I don't get travel or sea sick either.
I'm going to see My gp next week and give them my Spanish discharge letter to add to my records.
Also, the symptoms I'm still getting are from the concussion. But something made me collapse in the first place so I'd like that looked at.
Sounds like you did yourself a proper mischief when you collapsed.
At least when I collapsed just over a year ago I was already sitting down, but before a sat down Robert says I was talking utter rubbish, well more than usual.:LOL:
I knew I wasn't well because the ambulance crew were not being cheeky...o_O I am fine and it has never happened again.
I hope you get rid of yours soon, it sounds like you will.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds like you did yourself a proper mischief when you collapsed.
At least when I collapsed just over a year ago I was already sitting down, but before a sat down Robert says I was talking utter rubbish, well more than usual.:LOL:
I knew I wasn't well because the ambulance crew were not being cheeky...o_O I am fine and it has never happened again.
I hope you get rid of yours soon, it sounds like you will.
Hope you are well now Hazel:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back