Pelopponese Here We come (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Just completed the detailed planning for spending September in Greece - that is to say the ferries are booked!! Last time we went we passed through on our way to Cyprus and spent a couple of nights at Akrata camping between Patras and Corinth which was very welcoming. This trip we aim to meander down through France over the top into Italy - Col de Mont Cenis and meander down to Ancona for the Ferry. It looks as though there are some good beaches around the Pelopponese coast and we intend to do a lot of nothing but chilling out and soaking up some rays. It will be a mix of campsites and wild camping and would be pleased to hear of anyones recommendations.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds like you have a really good plan Chas, :thumb:Thats a trip I would like to do when we downsize out Motorhome next year

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Have a great time, we were there last year and this year.

Beautiful beaches.

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
How long is the ferry trip? as I just put up for a price 3 weeks this Sept.
2 Pax, M/H, and a berth out & return, came back at £980:whatthe:
I then knocked the cabins off the price & put Deck, does this mean you can sleep
in the M/H? as the price came down to £348::bigsmile:
Would like to do this next year so your adventure on return please. :Smile: :thumb:

OP
OP
Chas17
Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
How long is the ferry trip? as I just put up for a price 3 weeks this Sept.
2 Pax, M/H, and a berth out & return, came back at £980:whatthe:
I then knocked the cabins off the price & put Deck, does this mean you can sleep
in the M/H? as the price came down to £348::bigsmile:
Would like to do this next year so your adventure on return please. :Smile: :thumb:
Yes you sleep in your camper. Showers, toilets and hook up are provided and you get to use all the ships facilities. If I remember rightly the duration from Ancona to Patras is about 15 hours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ferries to Greece

Yes, you can sleep in your van, but the use of LPG is strictly forbidden, so you can't cook a meal. Also the sleep in your van option is only available between April 1 and September 30.
Enjoy your trip!

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hello Chas

With the camping on board option you do have plug in electricity, we have cooked a meal with a slow cooker, and have tea and coffee with electric kettle.

If you want some ideas from where we stayed look at out blog below.

Pat

Ps for those wishing to book for next year, the booking offers usually start in January for that year. We originally booked with Minoan at £600 but a subsequent offer came out with Anek for £300 return. Ancona to Inguinesta back from Patras to Ancona.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back