LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just realised that we have managed to lose our entire books on CD's collection some how !

All that was in the cupboard is a fairly large pile of books on tapes

As we are off on Friday I do not really have the time to transfer them from tape to CD..

Has anyone got a few audio CD's we could borrow for a month ?
Obviously happy to reimburse any expenditure etc and also happy to have a swap about for the few I do still have upon our return :Smile:

Oh, anyone would like to borrow some audio books on tape just shout :thumb:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi John

I have some audio books but they are only on the computer if you give me your email address, I will try and email some to you

Lesley

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
John, I have just burned some to a DVD. They are in MP3 format and can be played in Itunes. Do you want them.

Agatha Christie

Some Sherlock Holmes

Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
John, I have just burned some to a DVD. They are in MP3 format and can be played in Itunes. Do you want them.

Agatha Christie

Some Sherlock Holmes

Lesley

BRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes please Lesley !!

Addy is:

John Smith
43 Ash Close
Thetford
Norfolk
IP24 3HQ

( My office addy is all over the interweb so I have no probs with posting it :).. Tis manned 24/7/365 too ! )

Shout me what i owe Lesley and it shall be sorted :Smile:

Sandy, have book marked that page for later use:thumb:

Wildman .. cheers for the thought.. would have been bloody fantastic if it had been right so again, appreciate the input :beer:

Geo.. you are just a spoil sport ! LOL !! :winky:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
John

I have just posted them, should be with you tomorrow hopefully. Let me know when they arrive. I do not want any money for them. I just copied them from my computer.

You may find that you have 2 copies of some of the books.

What I have sent are mainly dramas, but I find them better than audiobooks as they are easier to follow. Copies of the old BBC Saturday plays in mp3 format. They are on DVD's so you should be able to copy them to your computer and then onto an ipod if you have one.

Some are just narrated, but I find if the voice is not right you cannot get into it. Hope you like them.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - BBC Radio

Agatha Christie BBC Radio full cast drama and some others

Lesley

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks a million Lesley..
On the long hops we sometime undertake ( like from Dunkirqe to Lake Garda in a day ) there is nothing to beat a good story on the box.

It is more than just the story as we have found the subject matter often leads to fairly long ( sometimes heated ) discussions between us ::bigsmile:

Really is greatly appreciated mate .. Thank you ! :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thanks a million Lesley..
On the long hops we sometime undertake ( like from Dunkirqe to Lake Garda in a day ) there is nothing to beat a good story on the box.

It is more than just the story as we have found the subject matter often leads to fairly long ( sometimes heated ) discussions between us ::bigsmile:

Really is greatly appreciated mate .. Thank you ! :thumb:
Lesley is FEMALE and all woman, have you not noticed her avatar, hee hee.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Roger, days of equality...::bigsmile: even us women get called mate nowadays... I get it all the time::bigsmile:

Lesley you are a star .. mate..::bigsmile: I love listening to Radio 4 plays and stories.. and often end up sitting in my car when I have reached my destination to hear the end of one... Thanks for the ideas you lot in this thread.:thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Lesley is FEMALE and all woman, have you not noticed her avatar, hee hee.

Ummm.. appreciate the input but yes, I do know Lesley is of the female persuasion ::bigsmile:

I tend to call everyone 'mate'.. I know it is a bad habit but hey !! I do not smoke, do not wear a hoody, try to be nice in general, so I have got to have at least ONE bad habit you know :ROFLMAO:

Lesley, disks just arrived :beer: Link Removed Link Removed

As a bonus, I do not even need to transfer them as the disks play straight away in the DVD unit in the dash !
Reckon there are enough stories in that lot to keep us going for years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

I cannot thank you enough Lesley. We do love a good story and without your help the outward trip would not have been anywhere near as enjoyable :Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I dont know if you have a library near by, but ours has a huge selection of audio books. I took some on holiday last year.
They are great . So relaxing .
The only problem is they send me to sleep , when sunbathing . Then i have to try and find where i got to before nodding off.
So i wouldn't dare listen to them when driving:ROFLMAO:
Bev

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Bev,
yes mate, we do and to be honest that is where our original collection came from.. Built up over the years,, borrowed and errrrrr.... backed up on to a spare disk :winky:

Last week I went to grab the cd case with them all in and it was conspicuous by its absence !

Did not have time to start over, and the library only allows a max of three disks at a time and a 21 day period.
Sooo.. I would have ended up paying a fine ( only pennies I know :Smile:) but only having three stories to last the whole trip !

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi John, So glad you got them in time for your holiday.

Lesley

Quote: from Bev

They are great . So relaxing .
The only problem is they send me to sleep , when sunbathing . Then i have to try and find where i got to before nodding off.
So i wouldn't dare listen to them when driving

Hi Bev

Tell me about it. I usually listen to them whilst sunbathing and also fall asleep and miss the ending. Must be a female thing.

Lesley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back