Morelo Palace (13 Viewers)

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all. We hope to be going full timing later on in the year once the house is sold, and we have been looking at the Morelo Marque, especially the Palace series. They certainly are beautiful looking van's, but what is the build quality like for example? Not too much info online to be fair, but did notice one of you guy's on here have one, so maybe able to offer some help. The basic van looks great, but there is a myriad of extras you can add, and to be fair, they are quite daunting as there's so many. What extra's did you go for, or if as a potential buyer, would you go for. Can't afford the lot I'm afraid. ;)

I know the turn around is approx 1 year from order, but we do already have a large van that we could use to full time in, for the meantime. Thanks guy's.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Wow, you are certainly going right to the top of the pile, they look lovely, I have no idea what the build quality but there's a couple of owners on here at least.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi,

We have a 2017 Morelo Palace 93MB with every single toy except the central locking lockers and the vacuum cleaning system. I've added lots of toys but too many to list here.

If you'd like to come and take a good look around it, I'd be happy to put the kettle on and show you around (it saves you a trip to Yorkshire or, like we did, to the factory). We're in Maidenhead, Berks if you fancy a trip over one weekend? PM me to chat.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The build quality looks OK but at the price point you’d expect it to be absolutely perfect. What type of full timing do you plan on doing? Whole summers here, whole winters somewhere warmer. Or would you be moving all the time? once you are spending over 150k I’d go American all day. So much more for your money.

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
The build quality looks OK but at the price point you’d expect it to be absolutely perfect. What type of full timing do you plan on doing? Whole summers here, whole winters somewhere warmer. Or would you be moving all the time? once you are spending over 150k I’d go American all day. So much more for your money.

Hi Jim, thanks for reply. We plan to stay local for a bit and just carry on working till the time comes when we have had enough. We want to live in the van permanently. We will move from site to site, but it will be kept relatively local as to be not to far away from work. Trips away at weekends and annual holidays in the UK (for now) will continue as normal. Our current van will be 12 years old later this year, so just want a shiny new one to see us through to old age proper. :eek: Just want to make sure we get a good'n, as last van had loads of stuff wrong with it at first and loads of mileage put on the van going backwards and forwards to dealer.

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,

We have a 2017 Morelo Palace 93MB with every single toy except the central locking lockers and the vacuum cleaning system. I've added lots of toys but too many to list here.

If you'd like to come and take a good look around it, I'd be happy to put the kettle on and show you around (it saves you a trip to Yorkshire or, like we did, to the factory). We're in Maidenhead, Berks if you fancy a trip over one weekend? PM me to chat.

Peter

Wow Peter, that is a really kind offer, and one that I may take you up on, seeing as you have the exact model we have been looking at. Thank you.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017

Jim, I tend to agree with your comment and there is much that Morelo could do to improve but you need to compare apples with apples (size and weight). With a Morelo, a non-HGV driver can access a good sized MH that handles OK and won't break the bank (or the roads). I believe, even with the issues I have written about here, it is still a really wonderful motorhome and I would struggle to know what other European models to buy if not a Morelo (don't say Concorde, please as they are too similar to compare) (y)

And, I thought the American MH's weren't as good in the cold and damp of Europe (Eddie is going to go nuts at me for that one) as they have a lot of structural wood in them don't they? (saying that but I've never actually looked at how the Americans make them, just an urban myth maybe) :(

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have a Palace Liner (2019 Model) on order, placed last March! It is on a MB chassis with a slide out. We downsized from a 12 metre 4 slide and 8 wheels to a N+B Flair at 9 metres. We found the shorter length a great advantage but missed the space of 4 slide outs. So our goal was to find a van that was circa 9 metres but with a slide out. So we arrived at the Morelo stand at Stuttgart in January last year and placed our order in March.
They are well built from my examination, the 2019 Palace has a number of design developments which persuaded us to buy, the remaining submarine hatches were not one of them, however the roof mounted awning and changes to front and rear caps, internal restyling were.
There are many YouTube videos on both the factory production process and the current 2019 Palace which Google will deliver for you, and of course Peter @OurMoreloLife has offered you a great opportunity which you will never get at a showroom.
It would also be a good idea to go out to the factory you would have an opportunity to see all the models and even pop up the road to Concorde!
The options list is comprehensive and we all make selections based on our anticipated use and desire. For example I cancelled the Satellite TV option as we found our use was limited over the last 2 years and increasing availability of roaming cellular data has moved us in the streaming direction. So saving E6k. If you do move to a new purchase then buying in Germany is a good way to go and then you will find that many dealers have slots which can be modified to your option selection.
Good luck.

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I have a Palace Liner (2019 Model) on order, placed last March! It is on a MB chassis with a slide out. We downsized from a 12 metre 4 slide and 8 wheels to a N+B Flair at 9 metres. We found the shorter length a great advantage but missed the space of 4 slide outs. So our goal was to find a van that was circa 9 metres but with a slide out. So we arrived at the Morelo stand at Stuttgart in January last year and placed our order in March.
They are well built from my examination, the 2019 Palace has a number of design developments which persuaded us to buy, the remaining submarine hatches were not one of them, however the roof mounted awning and changes to front and rear caps, internal restyling were.
There are many YouTube videos on both the factory production process and the current 2019 Palace which Google will deliver for you, and of course Peter @OurMoreloLife has offered you a great opportunity which you will never get at a showroom.
It would also be a good idea to go out to the factory you would have an opportunity to see all the models and even pop up the road to Concorde!
The options list is comprehensive and we all make selections based on our anticipated use and desire. For example I cancelled the Satellite TV option as we found our use was limited over the last 2 years and increasing availability of roaming cellular data has moved us in the streaming direction. So saving E6k. If you do move to a new purchase then buying in Germany is a good way to go and then you will find that many dealers have slots which can be modified to your option selection.
Good luck.

Michael, thank you for that valuable information. I thought at some point I might have to visit Germany. Awkward for me, as I don't fly. I will certainly weigh up all the optional stuff very carefully, and only possibly order what we need. Ahem.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You can make a little trip out of the factory/showroom visit Morelo have a stellplatz with electric water/dump service point as do Concorde, inside Morelo showroom they have a nice coffee lounge with free tea and coffee and cakes as well.

It really is worth it if you have any technical questions as all the answers are there.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Michael, thank you for that valuable information. I thought at some point I might have to visit Germany. Awkward for me, as I don't fly. I will certainly weigh up all the optional stuff very carefully, and only possibly order what we need. Ahem.
We have only flown there once, from Spain last September to finalise various option selections, so have always driven out. Not a great idea in winter unless you have winter tyres (we do) as they are compulsory in Germany. So do some research, start with mobile.de, you can make an English language choice which covers all the menus so you can navigate around. This link
Broken Link Removed
will take you to todays factory new Morelo availability, 70 vehicles, you can get a good idea of whats in stock where and find dealers that speak English.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
IMHO The unknown point here is the future of all the 'environmental' zones. AFAIK Daily's are still Euro5+ whereas a petrol engined yank with a gas conversion is pretty much immune .

Jon

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
IMHO The unknown point here is the future of all the 'environmental' zones. AFAIK Daily's are still Euro5+ whereas a petrol engined yank with a gas conversion is pretty much immune .

Jon
My new MB Atego 1230 chassis is Euro 6 (Adblue), Jon, and I thought the new Daily's were now, but I stand to be corrected, as not much of a petrol head. When I am asked what engine I have, or how many cylinders etc I just tell them its Black!

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
I think the only van I could fulltime in would have to be a yank with multiple slides. Depending on your age I suppose having the need for at least a C1 license or HGV license might become difficult post 70yrs old. I would need space.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Jon
Hi Jon

As Michael says the Daily is Euro6 now but for Dusseldorf at the end of August they will be talking about Euro6D temp which is yet another new emission standard or at least a new way of measuring the existing standard, this chassis will also include new safety features like brake assist, lane assist, distronic cruise control etc etc, all at a cost of course.

But yes you are right it is a big unknown, are they going to ease up a bit on the latest spec diesels as at the moment they are getting a bit of a bashing.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Jon

As Michael says the Daily is Euro6 now but for Dusseldorf at the end of August they will be talking about Euro6D temp which is yet another new emission standard or at least a new way of measuring the existing standard, this chassis will also include new safety features like brake assist, lane assist, distronic cruise control etc etc, all at a cost of course.

But yes you are right it is a big unknown, are they going to ease up a bit on the latest spec diesels as at the moment they are getting a bit of a bashing.

Martin

I stand corrected but still seems to me that the writing is on the wall for Diesels and the electrics aren't there yet. Could LPG be a cheap easy solution? Less emission controls no particulate filter etc....

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And, anybody interested in shorter Palace's I am told that the range is changing again at Dusseldorf and the shortest Palace will be the 85L so that means that the transverse bed option and the french bed will be dropped completely so the shortest van will be 8.69m.

Martin

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When you get into RVs costing upwards of 150k they are mostly diesel so will have the same city emission issues

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think the only van I could fulltime in would have to be a yank with multiple slides. Depending on your age I suppose having the need for at least a C1 license or HGV license might become difficult post 70yrs old. I would need space.
On the slide/weight front you can get Yanks with 1 slide at 16800lbs so under 7.5 but 2 slides will take it to 18000lbs and HGV and although some importers will downplate these the payload is seriously curtailed. Morelo tried slides on a Daily chassis but you were left with 3-400kg payload and they had a lot of hassle in Germany. That's why we accepted that to get a slide on a well built Euro box we would have to dust off our HGV licences, which my wife had released when she turned 70. So she is now getting it reinstated. In my opinion if you want serious space to live in you have to have 2-4 slides and will be left with no alternative to get a C.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
When you get into RVs costing upwards of 150k they are mostly diesel so will have the same city emission issues

But you can buy petrol A class? whereas I am pretty sure ( Martin? @funflair ) that you cant buy a non-diesel daily

Where are yank diesels in the Euro scale?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
But you can buy petrol A class? whereas I am pretty sure ( Martin? @funflair ) that you cant buy a non-diesel daily

My new yank is dual fuel and our Crit Air sticker is Cat One :p

Only Electric and Hydrogen are cleaner

Dirty smelly Diesels lol

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

You can buy non diesel Daily but not as a motorhome as far as I know. The chassis is available with CNG power with reduced torque and power figures and only in manual version, there is an all electric option as well but certainly not optimised for Motorhome yet.

Martin

Last edited:

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I would definitely say go direct to Morelo in Germany. A friend of mine had trouble just ordering through the UK - could not get a finalised quote and in the end abandoned the idea and he was ready to sign an order at the NEC.

I agree about slides and full timing, We don't full time but once you have had slides it is hard to go back to not having them. You could look at an RS Elysian or Endeavour with one or two slides (although bedroom slide severely reduces garage space). Having one slide moves out the kitchen and lounge area and we are awaiting delivery of our third Elysian next month.

Morelo is definitely a top of the shop motorhome so if you go that way I doubt you will be disappointed - state of the Euro pre-post Brexit may push up the cost.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We have "downsized" under 7.5 ton, being in my fifties this has nothing to do with age, but choice. We are under 9m long now which we consider OK for most of the sites that we visit. we are returning about 10MPG which on LPG at about 60p a litre we are very happy with. Having bought our first new motorhome at the tender age of 28 our kids have grown up in motorhomes and have travelled extensively.

At the age of 31 I got bitten by the RV bug and although we (Lyn my Wife and I) have had European vans in between have had nine new RVs So have a bit of experience in ordering them and knowing what to expect.

So, price? To some spending £140,000 on a camper van is a lot of money, to a Morello owner it is a down payment. Do I think that Morello's are worth it? No, but to be fair I also fail to see the value of some panel van conversions, in that I look at the price of the delivery van, mentally add the cost of the components as I mentally "load" the van up and cannot get to circa £70k for some. Equally I cannot see how my entry level (in the States) RV could cost £140k so I can't criticise Morello for that, it is just me.

Would I buy a Morello, or more importantly could I buy a Morello? Having bought boats (my other passion) costing a few hundred pounds to ordering new boats costing several hundred thousand pounds, yes, if I wanted one I could find the money, but "would" I buy a Morello? No, I wouldn't. The reason that I wouldn't is that I have had some eighteen motorhomes in the last thirty years and I tend to change them quite quickly and I wouldn't get the value out of owning a Morello, and there are things that I prefer on a yank.

So, having worked on several Morello's do I like them? Yes I do, I think that the attention to detail in the main is excellent, the workmanship is first class and the equipment that they install and the materials they use in construction, are some of the very best. In fact, the antithesis of entry level RV's, where the attention to detail is sloppy, the equipment, particularly the heating is dreadful and the materials they use sometimes beggar belief.

In 1990 We ordered a Gulf Stream Conquest a 28' C Class motorhome on a Ford V8 7.2 Diesel engine chassis. We sold a 1999 Swift Kon Tiki on a Talbot 2Lt petrol chassis. If I had to buy both those motorhomes back today, and pick one to full time in, touring Europe, I bet that I could still live very comfortably in a 29 year old Gulf Stream Conquest.

So having established that Morello's are superior in so many ways, why do we love Yanks?

Our third or fourth RV in, saw Lyn & I travelling with @AshVanBitz @Simon Howards Motorhomes and @JamesJohnsCross when Lyn told us that five was to become Six :Eeek: After a little while to get over the shock, we worked out how we would carry on using our motorhome (for work and play) with three young children and a baby. The answer was simple, the rear bed in the camper was housing electrics and water tanks. It was a weekends work to remove the double bed, cut it in half to make two single beds, relocate the water tank, pump and plumbing one side and all the electrics to the other side and build two bunks above it. All the structure was decorative Luan panelling fitted to a aluminium structure so easily added to and moved. As I have said we tend to change our vans quite quickly so when we sold the Airex it was dead easy to change the "Bunkhouse" back to a conventional rear double bedroom.

Also space, as the boys got older, holidaying with three teenage boys, one ten year old and two adults, all of who like sports, bike riding, swimming, snorkelling, the kids into blading and a host of other things takes up a huge amount of space! If we all just took three pairs of shoes, (unlikely with my wife, or as I found out @JamesJohnsCross's now wife, then as a girlfriend, would hide loads of shoes in our camper despite technically going away to meet us, travelling with her parents in their RV!) That is 18 pairs of shoes, 6 pairs of flip flops, six sets of fins, six mountain bikes! So very early on we discovered slide outs, and this is the biggest reason that I remain a devout fan of American campers.

In our latest bed, we have a Super King sized bed, the same as we have at home, we love it, a Sunday morning, tucked up as snug, in a bug, in a rug, in bed with our books, coffee's on our side tables is so relaxing. and when we do decide to get up, Shadow, our massive GSD can be sprawled across the floor and there is no stepping over him, with the whole kitchen and dinette slide out doubling the usable lounge space, actually making it feel like an apartment rather than a camper.

The twin slides mean that we can actually have a dedicated dinette, a dinette that four people can sit at for the evening if playing cards or Rummicub, close friends have downsized to a Hymer after having Yanks for years and the four of us can no longer sit at their table comfortably as whilst the picture looked great in the brochure there is physically not enough room for four normal sized adults to put their legs, a common fault by motorhome designers I find, swirling chaise longue style settees around an artistic teardrop table looks great, if you have people with no legs! Style over substance.

So, RV's not fantastic workmanship, some with dubious style, design and colour combinations, some of the technology "old school" to say the least, but acres of space when the slide outs are deployed, and to me personally, once a certain level of build and equipment is achieved, space is king.

This is why motorhomes are so individual, to many space is irrelevant and they are concerned about a different criteria, nor are my comments written in stone and I may change my mind, I have in the past, nor are all the toys on a yank rubbish, to be honest on the new one I can, from the outside, having checked the pitch, use an app on my phone to level the camper using the hydraulic jacks, slide out the front and rear slide outs, extend the fully automatic awning, and turn lights, all nonchalantly you understand :whistle2:

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
No, as far as I know, that's not the case for large vehicles. Ours is Cat 2
Zero is the best, and the higher the number the sooner we will be excluded from more and more areas until diesel is banned I expect
csm_EN_CritAir_Klassifizierung_23e4b8e9b6.png

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Zero is the best, and the higher the number the sooner we will be excluded from more and more areas until diesel is banned I expect
View attachment 281996

Isn't this a lot of scaremongering though as Euro6 diesels are welcome in the London ULEZ as far as I know.

Martin

PS I will start a new thread on this discussion and then @TheAleMan can have his thread back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back