spain, book site or not? (1 Viewer)

odchamp

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Funster No
Hi, next year or maybe in half term this year, i want to travel down to spain with 2 children, 16 and 8.
Would you recomend booking or are there enough sites to take a chance.
If we went next year it would be in the school summer hols and i would like a site or sites near to the beach, if anyone can recomend any that would be fab.

thanks

odchamp

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
For the summer you really need to book as the popular sites with things to do or by the sea/beach get full with germans,dutch,french,italian and brits. For a half term holiday you should be ok. Our european cousins dont get the school holidays that we do throughout the year, they have a block holiday in summer of a couple of months or more. It is also one of the reasons a lot of french sites tend to shut by mid september, apart from those that are catching on to our alternative holidays

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hi, next year or maybe in half term this year, i want to travel down to spain with 2 children, 16 and 8.
Would you recomend booking or are there enough sites to take a chance.
If we went next year it would be in the school summer hols and i would like a site or sites near to the beach, if anyone can recomend any that would be fab.

thanks

odchamp
Hiya odchamp certainly summertime i would book - they get very busy , the October half -term a little different but it a faff if you have driven down all that way for a presumed limited period , so i would pre-book. 2 excellent sites on the Costa Brava i could personally recommend --- Camping Salata at Roses about 200 yards to the beach , Camping Les Medes at L'Estartit about 1/2 mile to beach BOTH are excellent. Al.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hiya odchamp certainly summertime i would book - they get very busy , the October half -term a little different but it a faff if you have driven down all that way for a presumed limited period , so i would pre-book. 2 excellent sites on the Costa Brava i could personally recommend --- Camping Salata at Roses about 200 yards to the beach , Camping Les Medes at L'Estartit about 1/2 mile to beach BOTH are excellent. Al.:thumb:

As well as, Camping Monmar at Moncoffa, Camping Playa Tropicana at Alcosebre, Bon Repos at Santa Suzanna, camping Eden at Peniscloa. There are many and all these are open all year.

Hi Al, you off to Estartit again this year?

Keith

jg147

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
new
We are going next week and I spent weeks in April/May trying to book sites in the north without any success. I gave up in the end and we are staying further inland. I found either they did not reply to my fax/emails which was in Spanish or they would not take a booking and said just turn up. I am not a person to 'just turn up' so we booked further inland. I speak some Spanish and ended up phoning and booking, most did not speak any English including round Madrid. You may have better luck on the Southern coast but the north was a pain. I wanted a few days by the beach before we headed south to our house. Had I wanted 1 or 2 weeks they may have taking my request more seriously?

Some clubs will book for you but we are taking our dog and that also limited our choice and put me off the 'just turn up' option.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
in summer BOOK out of season you can take a punt but at busy dont take the risk of not finding a pitch

Joiin the CC or the C&CC clubs and get a good discount of ferry rates and insurance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

odchamp

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Funster No
Many thanks for all your replies and site recomendations.
I think i should think about booking up now for next year by the sounds of it, which i think i should do seeing as i have the time to look at the sites recomended and then book.
Again thanks for the help, sounds a bit naff but i can't believe how quick a response you get and informative on this site so thanks for taking the time, i hope one day i can help someone out also.:Smile:

odchamp:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back