E&P Levelling jacks (1 Viewer)

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Why not just tape a note across the steering wheel. "Levelling jacks locked down and system disabled - do not drive". Visible from outside the door and should be enough to make a prospective thief think "Oh, cr@p".

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Interesting - where is that fuse located? Does it lose it's calibration with that fuse removed?

The fuse on the E&P system is mounted by the hydraulic pump which in most cases the pump unit is mounted under the van. Removing the fuse does not lose the calibration that I have noticed. The E&P brain box comes pre-calibrated for level from the factory and is adjusted if needed when the system if fitted and tested.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Last edited:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I struggle to understand why E & P front legs are behind the engine, not at each end like the Gliderite, surely the latter gives more stability.
Having the legs closer together gives more ability to level with a shorter stroke.
You could say the same reason van builders do not fit the wheels on the corner of vehicles.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Having the legs closer together gives more ability to level with a shorter stroke.
You could say the same reason van builders do not fit the wheels on the corner of vehicles.
And a stronger bit of chassis, in front of the front suspension does not need to be as sturdy.

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When I had the E&P system on mine if I was leaving the van on the drive I just pulled the fuse by the hydraulics and kept it inside the house. The chances of anybody finding the fuse holder and replacing it was slim. The people at E&P told me that this was another little security feature to use if needed.
Why not fit a hidden switch in series with the fuse.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It
I struggle to understand why E & P front legs are behind the engine, not at each end like the Gliderite, surely the latter gives more stability.
It gives you more height to level out, especially when on a slope.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Anybody know the cost of having the touchscreen retro-fitted?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Anybody know the cost of having the touchscreen retro-fitted?
You dont need the touch screen, just the app and your phone and the WiFi box.
Here is an install from a German forum.
Hi

everyone , the weather is not so good this weekend that I would drive out the Mobi but I was also curious and then tried the new WiFi box with the car in the carport. Here is the report:

1. Installation:
The connection of the box was very easy. As expected, I just had to change that.

So I installed the "normal" control panel in my flair. It is behind a flap in the entrance area, so that you do not normally see it but still get well: The panel can be easily removed and then remove the cable that comes from the control unit:

Then the cable is plugged into the wifi box and the box and the panel are connected with the supplied cable. Already the installation is finished. Total took only 2 minutes. Of course, for the aesthetic design, the cable still has to be hidden and the box screwed on, but that's not a big topic anymore. 2. Usage: The system funzt! The operation is 100% intuitive. The device works right away (no, not quite true, I had to reset the box once briefly, so that the code is activated, ie once in accordance with the manual 5 sec. Press the button and it was good). How the app works:

First, the smartphone (goes with iPod or iPad, Android tablet, I have not tried) connected to the box and entered the password. The box is recognized as a hotspot and can then be selected. This is the start screen. You can choose between manual or automatic leveling. Furthermore, there is a button for the settings in the top right corner: If you select the automatic mode, a screen appears. which displays the 4 jacks and a dragonfly in the middle. At the bottom of the screen are the buttons "Home Screen", "Retract Columns", "Automatic Leveling" and "Tank Drainage Position".

If you then select the automatic leveling, the system starts and the respective active columns are highlighted in yellow. When finished, the system will turn all the supports red again and the bubble will show the horizontal position of the vehicle: during leveling, the process can be stopped at any time (see middle picture).

In manual mode you can extend the supports in pairs. The supports always ride as long as the respective button is pressed. Unfortunately, I forgot to try out whether this is like the control panel or the FB with the comfort function that the system automatically stops when the horizontal leveling is reached. However, I suspect that the controller is designed for this because the mW is programmed through the controller rather than the keypad. Finally, there is a settings menu in which the password can be changed and you can calibrate the individual leveling positions. You can also set your preferred language. Available are German, English, French, Italian, Dutch and Swedish.

So, that was it in all "brevity".

A perhaps important clue yet. I also tried if the system has a good range. From 20 meters away, I could still appeal to the box perfectly. Next I have not tried it but for practice that is certainly sufficient.

All in all, really great the part. I am totally satisfied and can recommend the retrofitting.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Because E&P know what they are doing, whereas I don't think GlideRite had a clue.
Not only can you accommodate greater slopes if the front rams are placed behind the front wheels but they will share the load better with the rear rams. In the example shown, the front rams will have have very little weight to lift, leaving the rear ones to do all the work.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Wire the handbrake switch to a switch that is semi concealed on the dash instead of the handbrake. Wire buzzer to switch and ign live so if switch is on (handbrake on) and ignition is turned on... buzzer sounds. Fixes all problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back