Am I mad? (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I'm a Newbie
As I am "Billy-No-Mates" now I am wondering whether to take the double bed & mattress out of the van (keep it in storage so I can put it back again if I sell at any time), and build a single, perhaps even make a "pull up" back rest to use it as a sofa.
Having an Irish Setter as company, he gets to have his bed behind the drivers seat, which means he would be lying under the table. Having listened to him banging his head every time he decided to get up in the night for a stretch I have taken the table down and that stays on the seat when I'm driving or going to bed and only gets put up to eat. Trouble is, it's a bit of a hassle finding somewhere to put it (usually on the bed) when I want to sit and read in the evening.
I don't like big beds, so a single would be fine just for me. Any suggestions/ideas?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why not take the Irish Setter to bed with you ... problem solved ... you won't be lonely and he'll be comfy ... win-win!

OP
OP
Tizme
Nov 17, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I'm a Newbie
He usually tries to get in bed with me (when I'm in the van) at about 5am anyway!! I have on occasion let him up onto the duvet at that time of the morning, but he then spends the next 20 minutes trying to kick me out:LOL: until I give up and take him for a walk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
He usually tries to get in bed with me (when I'm in the van) at about 5am anyway!! I have on occasion let him up onto the duvet at that time of the morning, but he then spends the next 20 minutes trying to kick me out:LOL: until I give up and take him for a walk.
Sounds like the wife?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back