W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
As some may know we picked our 2010 Autoroller 707 up last week, Well on the way back when we hit 60-70 the amount of wheel wobble and steering wheel shakes was not nice and something was wrong, So i took it easy back and contacted the dealer on the monday.

I asked the question if the Tyre Safe stuff they put in would effect it and was told no way... So i got it booked into my local Fiat dealer for a look at..

Also the steering wheel was off centre... ODD!

Anyway i dropped it off today and collected same day with problem solved..

Guess what...

"TO MUCH TYRE GUNK" i went mental aparently it was a right mess. anyway they sorted it and sorted the steering wheel and all is good drives like a dream now. And the Fiat dealer billed the motorhome dealer so all good there.

so for anyone having tyre save make sure you dont get too much in there lol..

Craig

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Be interesting to see if your dealer pays them and as to sending out a brand new van with the steering wheel off centre.......................:Blush:

Peter

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Yes there are paying they payed as i was there over phone ::bigsmile: and the steering wheel being off centre was explained at the fiat dealer they said just because its off centre does not mean anything is wrong as it can be adjusted without adjusting any wheel settings, and without removing the steering wheel. They checked it over for me and they said all is fine,

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I know it is a bit of a hobby horse of mine and know the stuff has a lot of fans, but that tyre goo was developed primarily for farm vehicles.. It can be darned dangerous in anything else and in one instance has been recorded in a possible cause of an accident and subsequent death of a motorcyclist ( allegedly )

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Found my tin hat and have dug the trench, so ready for the incoming brickbats now :Eeek:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
somebady has to ask, so it might as well be me!

whats tyre gunk

Last edited:

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
Tyre gunk , is tyre puncture sealent . You put it in in your tyre and when you have a puncture it is supposed to seal it automatically . It appears some MH manufactures are putting it in tyres , instead of fitting a spare wheel,

Gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Tyre gunk , is tyre puncture sealent . You put it in in your tyre and when you have a puncture it is supposed to seal it automatically . It appears some MH manufactures are putting it in tyres , instead of fitting a spare wheel,

Gary

thanks for that,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back