LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
This year especially myself and Mrs. OAT's have noticed the number of Men mainly who use the knitted gloves with rubber palms and fingers to empty their cassette.
Now I am not meaning to be offensive or even critical of people but the first thing that occurs to us is: I wonder if they use gloves to wipe their ar*e.
We see them take the gloves out of the cassette cupboard carry the cassette and empty it then just put the gloves back in the cupboard. Surely they must fester away in the cupboard warmed nicely in the sun growing like a sample in a Petrie dish.
OK, if you have sensitive skin or cuts on your hands then I could understand using the disposable polythene ones like they hang by the diesel pumps and binning them afterwards, but the same gloves over and again. What's wrong with washing your hands afterwards and today we see a guy riding his bike across the field with the cassette on the carrier but wearing his gloves so all those germs are transfered to his handlebars for when he next goes out and perhaps stops for a coffee and cake.
Sorry if the question offends but anybody got any thoughts on the matter?
Steve

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I see no reason for it. But then I see no reason for many things!:D

Maybe it’s all about personal preferences/hang ups/urban myths/what mum used to do/protecting their finger nails. We’re all different.

Do you know,some folk on here don’t even use the toilet in their motorhome......now what’s that about?:LOL::LOL:

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I have a box of disposable vinyl gloves in the cassette locker, I put them in when we bought this van, we didn’t have a cassette before. But I never use them! Just wash my hands afterwards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I do laugh at some people when they empty the cassette black rubber glove up past the elbows you would think it was radioactive waste not just s..t

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry if the question offends but anybody got any thoughts on the matter?
Steve

Same thoughts as you, though I usually see elbow length thick rubber gloves. I've even seen a rubber apron in use.

Just to stir up more images, I wonder if they indulge in sex ?

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Same thoughts as you, though I usually see elbow length thick rubber gloves. I've even seen a rubber apron in use.

Your thinking of the acid bath murderer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
FE64E88A-D816-4245-9E29-229E3CE9C533.gif

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I open the drain valve just before driving off :)

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

......what wearing elbow length rubber gloves and an apron ? My mind is boggling :D

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Funster No
I use disposable polythene gloves and discard them every time. I have no problem touching OUR cassette but don't want to handle the tap or short rinsing hose in the chemical disposal area which may have been contaminated by OTHER people's cassettes. Irrational I know, but I border on OCD for hand washing.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I wear rubber gloves when on cassette duty. I have lowered immunity so think it helps me prevent picking up anything that would make me sick. The gloves (with my hands inside) get washed with soap and hot water before the cassette is taken back to the van so the gloves and the cassette handles should remain as germ free as possible. Once the cassette has been replaced the gloves are left to dry and put away. My naked hands are then washed properly.

It's not our own germs I worry about but the germs on the flush / rinse mechanisms and on any surface where one might rest the cassette.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I do laugh at some people when they empty the cassette black rubber glove up past the elbows you would think it was radioactive waste not just s..t

Mine is very toxic after a CURRY,,BUSBY:LOL::LOL:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Ah they put these gloves on in case they have a large deposite stuck up the emptying tube they can reach in and poke it! You know like you do at home with a stick when you have a floater.;):devil::devil:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You don't require gloves if you leave it to SWMBO, after all, it's a PINK job:)
IMG_4896.JPG

Brucek

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Funster No
By the way, the last time I emptied our cassette I accidentally flushed away two Rolex watches and 5000 Euro, can I claim against my insurance for this? Come to think of it there was a smell of gas too...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back