hellooooooooo (1 Viewer)

odchamp

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Funster No
Hi Im new to the forum, and have done most of my motorhomong in the uk and northern france.
We always go on a 2 week summer holiday in the summer as well as motorhoming, but we are getting a bit fed up with flying now with all the agro that brings, so i am thinking of driving down to spain next year.
However although my motorhome is exellent condition and very low milage, it is a 1994 petrol 2.0 litre autoquest 400 gt non powersteering.
we normally sit around 60mph and in england no problem but do you think i should think about changing my van if i intend to do the long trips down to spain?
Any advise or wisdom would be very welcome.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to Fun

if you are happy with your van, its reliable and well maintained why go to the expense of changing it unless you really want to, there are still plenty of 80s/90s vans touring europe.A newer vehicle stands as much chance as an older vehicle of going wrong infact newer ones have more things that can go wrong especially in the mechanics of the thing

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Welcome

I agree with chatter why change if it ain’t broke and your happy with it.

Paul & Lynne

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi odchamp :welcomefunster:

Must agree if it ain't broke don't fix it.

You know your van, and there is probably more you can fix yourself, why change, if you find it OK.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Im new to the forum, and have done most of my motorhomong in the uk and northern france.
We always go on a 2 week summer holiday in the summer as well as motorhoming, but we are getting a bit fed up with flying now with all the agro that brings, so i am thinking of driving down to spain next year.
However although my motorhome is exellent condition and very low milage, it is a 1994 petrol 2.0 litre autoquest 400 gt non powersteering.
we normally sit around 60mph and in england no problem but do you think i should think about changing my van if i intend to do the long trips down to spain?
Any advise or wisdom would be very welcome.

Hi and welcome,
I'm not mechanically minded , at all.
But I'd say if your MH is regularly serviced , and everything is OK , why change it ?
We never go over 60 in ours , unless we dont realize. :Blush:
Whats the point in speeding around .
Get there safely let the speed freaks use more petrol , risk more accidents and get points on their license:thumb:
As long as petrol is easily available where ever your going , I'd say go for it. No doubt your muscles will have already been built up nice and strong , over the years , to cope with not having power steering on the journey anyway.
Go for it.
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

odchamp

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Funster No
Many thanks for your help.
I guess it was the thought of hour after hour of children saying are we there yet.:Angry:
But i could break the journey up more and take a few days to get down there, rather than one mad rush.

cheers

odchamp

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back