Thurstaston Country Park, The Wirral (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
nOT There now, Marie, but stayed there last year. What do you think of it?

I was lucky that the weather was really nice so guess it makes a HUGE difference:Smile: .. if you go to West Kirby you can go out to the little island out there when the tide is right... Sorry, mind dead at moment and name has just gone out of my head.. will go and have a cuppa then might come back when I remember it...
Joy

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
nOT There now, Marie, but stayed there last year. What do you think of it?

I was lucky that the weather was really nice so guess it makes a HUGE difference:Smile: .. if you go to West Kirby you can go out to the little island out there when the tide is right... Sorry, mind dead at moment and name has just gone out of my head.. will go and have a cuppa then might come back when I remember it...
Joy

Are you thinking of Hilbre Island Joy?

We haven't been around here for about 30 years but we used to come here a lot when the children were small. I had a great aunt who lived on The Wirral when I was a child so I spent a lot of time around Hoylake, New Brighton, Heswall, Meols etc!

We're off for a walk along the beach to West Kirby in a minute! Weather not too bad - cloudy but dry so far!

Nice campsite - Fish and Chip van here when we arrived last night - most welcome after driving from Hull along the M62!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
HI mARIE, Yep that's the one!:thumb: The last time I was there planning to go to Hilbrae but the route was closed due to bad weather, there was a young girl walking along the front... Oh Marie, it was brilliant to see ... she didn't have a dog... she had a black duck! It wasn;t on a lead, it was just walking to heel... I went over and stroked it and it was just like a friendly little puppy. It was a house duck apparently and .. you might know it .... I wanted one! The place to buy it was a shop just off the front sea walk but it was closed or you see I would have had a Motorhome Duck:Smile:.

The warders had not been there long either and they were brilliant. A (now) friend of mine was there in her caravan. Her husband had had a stroke and they couldn't put their very large awning up. The warder very kindly spent about two and half hours putting it up for them.. Also he helped me when I struggled with my electric hook up... no moaning and no 'stupid women' expression on his face. Hope the same ones are still there.

There had been a Viking Funeral on the beach the week before.. There were Vikings in full rig out and Viking Ships and they carried the body down to the water's edge and set fire to the ship and pushed it out into the harbour. Once it sailed out to sea they marched in time to a large drum back up the slipway and into the sunset...

:thumb:

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
hi
we live in west kirby 2 miles down the coast
sorry can't meet you in france hope you have a lovely time
maybe next time
kate and andy

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
hi
we live in west kirby 2 miles down the coast
sorry can't meet you in france hope you have a lovely time
maybe next time
kate and andy

We walked to West Kirby this afternoon!!
Nice place!

Maybe meet up somewhere along the way on our travels!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
glad you liked west kirby
what the weather like rained here in france up in the mountains
enjoy your stay
:Smile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
glad you liked west kirby
what the weather like rained here in france up in the mountains
enjoy your stay
:Smile:::bigsmile:

Weather's been good today - windy walking along the beach but more sheltered along the trail on the way back. Sunny periods and warm. Rain forecast for tomorrow but we'll be off to AS AirSuspension then! Morecambe for the weekend!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back