The must have's for my first MH are becoming more defined.. (1 Viewer)

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
"Must have's" are firming up after viewing various combinations

Must have a U shaped rear lounge
Must have 4 berth minimum
Must have an overcab double
(special request from son of Motoberg but will accept A class drop down double)
Must have 4 off 3 point inertia reel seat belts
Must be 7.5 metres long max
Must be well insulated for chilly Scottish autumn nights ( not necessarily fully winterised)

How easy am I to please :ROFLMAO:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Just buy an RV, that ticks all the boxes and then some you havnt thought of yet!! :thumb:

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
that list should give you a good choice ::bigsmile:

:winky:

bet you end up with a hymer or bessacar :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I think you're going to be pretty easy to please, although those seat belts will be the ultimate decider as you'll almost certainly need some additional passenger seats in addition to the U-shaped lounge.

You'll find these in a front dinette or half-dinette (the sort where the cab seats swivel) and there are plenty of motorhomes with this layout, such as the Swift 630L and its Bessacarr equivalent, the Auto-Trail Apache 700 (I think), some AutoRollers (not sure of the model numbers) and the Elddis Autoquest 180. One point to consider is whether you want to use the U-shaped lounge as twin singles or a double, as many are too short for singles.

I believe there have been a couple of European variations on the U-shaped theme which have seat belts in the very rear, but not sure which these were. In any event, your passengers would be a very long way away from those in the cab!

Good luck in finding exactly the right one for you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Motoberg

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
I certainly havent come across an A class with a rear lounge and a drop double double....doesnt mean they dont exist though.... maybe just not in my price range :RollEyes:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How easy am I to please :ROFLMAO:

Very.

Just get on yer bike and visit shows and dealers. Take camera. Take paracetamol.

Beware "4 berth". Ours is, for two adults and two kiddies.

No substitute for getting the whole tribe in there and seeing how you cope.

Add Burstner to already suggested Hymer ( same group now ). German quality and winterised ( some if not all ).

This is as big a deal as buying a house, don't expect an easy ride.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Motoberg

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
I think you're going to be pretty easy to please, although those seat belts will be the ultimate decider as you'll almost certainly need some additional passenger seats in addition to the U-shaped lounge.

You'll find these in a front dinette or half-dinette (the sort where the cab seats swivel) and there are plenty of motorhomes with this layout, such as the Swift 630L and its Bessacarr equivalent, the Auto-Trail Apache 700 (I think), some AutoRollers (not sure of the model numbers) and the Elddis Autoquest 180. One point to consider is whether you want to use the U-shaped lounge as twin singles or a double, as many are too short for singles.

I believe there have been a couple of European variations on the U-shaped theme which have seat belts in the very rear, but not sure which these were. In any event, your passengers would be a very long way away from those in the cab!

Good luck in finding exactly the right one for you.

The half dinette as you mention is a great solution, I dont NEED 6 berths but it seemed that way initially when I was looking for 4 seat belts, The rear U lounge not being big enough for 2 singles isnt an issue, I wouldnt want the extra seat belts in the U lounge at the back though

Upvote 0

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
We have a swift sundance 630l we absolutely love the lay out.

It has a rear lounge, an over cabin bed and the dinette area also transfers into a decent size double bed. , it also has 4 seatbelts in the back so we can comfortably take 6 people away with us ( although normally its 2 adults,, 2 children and a golden retriever)

Good luck with your search I know your brain will be totally haggled by the amount that is on the market but dont rush into anything, we did our first one and ended up losing out .

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back