Please stop telling me that it is a spare battery (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
If it was attached to my motor home - Winnebago Aspect by a lead (electrical or leather you decide) then it might be more to do with motor homes ... but in a way it is and is not... but I want to get it over to as many motor homers as I can.

The Saint Bernard (Ezzie - has a name) that is on the end of the lead walking beside me is not my spare battery. I have heard it hundreds of times. It does not have any brandy.. if she did I would have used it up by now drowning my sorrows from hearing the same old remarks. No she does not pull me along, Yes I do have batteries and no the dog is not the replacement or spare. No she does not pull the Winnebao along... she can pull 1000kgs - yes they were working dogs and the pack bags she has and light and carry her plastic bags for cleaning up anything she deposits.

So when you see me about (next at Malvern then Bath and West) do say hello, talk about your motor home or mine.. always plenty to say about that, or chew the fat about having to get in to Colditz / Butlins with Warners new fences, but DO NOT tell me about the battery or the tow rope. (please nicely)

Long suffering Bob on the red scooter.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If it was attached to my motor home - Winnebago Aspect by a lead (electrical or leather you decide) then it might be more to do with motor homes ... but in a way it is and is not... but I want to get it over to as many motor homers as I can.

The Saint Bernard (Ezzie - has a name) that is on the end of the lead walking beside me is not my spare battery. I have heard it hundreds of times. It does not have any brandy.. if she did I would have used it up by now drowning my sorrows from hearing the same old remarks. No she does not pull me along, Yes I do have batteries and no the dog is not the replacement or spare. No she does not pull the Winnebao along... she can pull 1000kgs - yes they were working dogs and the pack bags she has and light and carry her plastic bags for cleaning up anything she deposits.

So when you see me about (next at Malvern then Bath and West) do say hello, talk about your motor home or mine.. always plenty to say about that, or chew the fat about having to get in to Colditz / Butlins with Warners new fences, but DO NOT tell me about the battery or the tow rope. (please nicely)

Long suffering Bob on the red scooter.

Here is the deal Bob... I say none of the annoying things above to you if you avoid mentioning me "getting my oats" if I let slip I was brought up a Quaker... and you refrain from asking me to "make your wife/bills/weeds disappear" if I let slip I was once a professional magician and so and so and so...

Deal?

Come on Funsters... what are the comments that drive you mad (but being Funsters you smile softly) when you hear them?

JJ:winky::winky:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You don't look wild to me, hee hee

...but you DO look wild :Eeek: :roflmto:

The only thing that gets my goat is people thinking that shortening my name to 'Jan' is cool.

No problem, if you can't manage to get your tongue round 'Janine', I quite like 'J9'.

That then gets mutated to 'K9'....... grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :cry: :roflmto:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Woof woof:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I long since got over the various plays on Dunn, my surname, often simply getting in first, as in are you done yet, yes all my life etc etc:ROFLMAO:

I'm even getting used to Steve, no idea how you get from Simon to Steve, but hey:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010

Come on Funsters... what are the comments that drive you mad (but being Funsters you smile softly) when you hear them?

Not to the stage of driving me mad, but give it time...and you probably need to see my van to appreciate these...

1. "Did you convert it yourself?"
Yes, of course I did. And then I stuck that "Danbury Motor Caravans" sticker on, that you can clearly see on the side facing you, just for fun...:Doh:

2. "Hey....you've lost your caravan somewhere...ho..ho....ho" :Smile: (got that one first from a C&CC warden....thought it was pretty funny the first time)

3. "So....is there a bed in there?"
No...I sleep in the utility tent, or using a hammock that I suspend between the rear-view mirror and fridge...:winky:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

JJ:winky::winky:

Usually from a fellow rallier who owns a caravan.

"They are alright , motorhomes , but what happens if you run out of milk ? "

Someone must say it every weekend to us........

Bev

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010

How could I have forgotten....

Person: "What do you do for a living?"
Me: "Oh...software development....and support"
Person: "Ah...just the person! I'm having problems with my computer...." -> add your own crappy Windows issue here :Doh:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
How about;

"You live in Cornwall? What are you doing here in Scotland/ The Lake District/ Wales/Nth Devon / et al!?"

"We're on holiday" (smiling sweetly,& thinking people that live in Cornwall have holidays too, Pillock!):cry:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Janine;317829 That then gets mutated to 'K9'....... grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :cry: :Laughing:[/QUOTE said:
yup lifes a bitch, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
When people find out we have spent the last 30 years in the wholesale nursery business they always have a sick plant they want an opinion on - hey I'm on holiday too. Always try to help and ask what plant it is and they never know what the plant is its always ' this high has green leaves flowers in the spring has little green fruits that ripe in the late summer etc etc. then they look at you totally dumbfounded when told there are millions of varieties just like that most do not even know if its a tree, a shrub herbacious, perenniel , annual etc. My pal who is a doctor suffers the same - as soon as he says he is a doctor most people start to pour out their aches and pains. Neither of us admit to being what we are ususally just for peace and quiet :Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I ended up offering a prize if anyone could come up with a new joke when I was head of I.T at the Cambridge division of SSL ( better known as Schole or Marigold gloves, or even better known as Durex ! )

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Not so much as bothers me really but I do get a bit frustrated when people come up to us at shows and ask "where's the van you converted"? My reply is usually along the lines of "its right in front of you holding up the awning you're standing in (and smile:Smile:)".

One that does annoy me a bit is when peole can't get my name right, its Newell splet N E W E L L , not NewAll or even Knowall! you'd be surprised how many get it wrong even when its right in front of them!

D.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
I long since got over the various plays on Dunn, my surname, often simply getting in first, as in are you done yet, yes all my life etc etc:ROFLMAO:
Just be glad your surname isn't Bastard or Gay then. And yes, I've met a Mr Bastard and a Mr Gay.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Have a customer whose parents were either daft or bloody minded..
Waine Kerr

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
In a nearby town there was a brother and sister whose surname was Cock.

Their Christian names were Everard and Ophelia. I kid you not!

Poor bu@@ers.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Allegedly, the midwives at the hospital dissuaded Mr and Mrs Peacock from calling their son Drew.

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Earlier in life I was either 'Mandy Rice-Davies'
or
'Itinerant'
or
'Barracuda'
or
just plain 'snob'
Mandy Pike, (& I had a pony.):ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
My names is not SEB thats the geckos name (or was, he was sadly pts years ago)

sebthegecko

ie Seb the gecko.............not me

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
So what happened to my battery issue?

My names is not SEB thats the geckos name (or was, he was sadly pts years ago)

sebthegecko

ie Seb the gecko.............not me

OK I give up, I just wondered how we got so far off track with the original post I placed on here. I was making a serious point, but it seems to be lost of some people. But then I seem to get lost myself a lot of the time. Now were was I ... I know connecting the Saint Bernard up to be recharged.

Bob:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back