May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Gang,

Last year at the Shepton Show a couple of us got together and bought half a dozen 110 amp leisure batteries from Frank's Caravans. He gave us a very good price... (Cheyne might remember the exact figure)

At one of the shows this year he asked how the batteries were doing and I told him fine. He told me he had yet to have a failure with those batteries.

I need to buy two more to take to Portugal to put in my Hymer. So he is bringing me down a couple to the show (will remind him of course)

Then a Funster suggested I find out if any of you lot want some too and see if we can do a bulk purchase deal like Bryan did so well at Wrenbury with the solar panels...

So... if you are going to Shepton and are interested in a new leisure battery post it here... then we can see how many are needed and go to Frank's with PURCHASING POWER!!! :roflmto:

JJ

Power to the People

Individually we are putty in the hands of the retailers...:cry:
Together we are strong... :thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
JJ we are thinking of getting one , John was going to price one up , but a group surely would get a better deal ...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I could be interested in a couple for the VW,and I think RR wanted some.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
l would be interested in 4 at the right price.

could do with them yesterday really.

must be a good price for me to wait though:winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Are you coming to shepton then John?

dates?

if i can but know nothing at present, but could be out after thursday.

must get a mobility scooter as this all stems back to me walking to far at llangollen.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
dates?

if i can but know nothing at present, but could be out after thursday.

must get a mobility scooter as this all stems back to me walking to far at llangollen.
in the rally calender John, can't say too much here or will be accused of Advertising, hee hee. Please note batteries will be delivered to the SHEPTON Show for pick up there!!!!!!!!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
in the rally calender John, can't say too much here or will be accused of Advertising, hee hee. Please note batteries will be delivered to the SHEPTON Show for pick up there!!!!!!!!

shame cant read calender on hospital pc

maybe next time eh!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi JJ,was looking at these on evilbay,but they are dahn sarf, Item no 170711586080. If they are as good as the ones I have on the RV they are very good indead.Whats more they are very very cheap.:thumb:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks for the tip Dave... I recommend Funsters to check it out...

As for me, I don't "do" Evilbay... I am old fashioned...if I want to buy something I go to a shop, look at it, make sure it is what I want... pay for it with pieces of paper from my wallet (which aren't much use for anything else other than paying for stuff) and walk away with the product(s). No internet connection, form filling, address, delivery time to sit around waiting for, paypal account to set up, forgotten login name and passwords etc etc etc

JJ:RollEyes:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Know what you mean,was always a cash man myself.
Trouble now is they look at you strange when you want to pay cash "What you wana pay cash,Are you a drug dealer or somthing"
How times change eh,Cash used to be king,but not now.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Know what you mean,was always a cash man myself.
Trouble now is they look at you strange when you want to pay cash "What you wana pay cash,Are you a drug dealer or somthing"
How times change eh,Cash used to be king,but not now.

I know what you mean Dave! Was stopped at Heathrow and when "patted down" was asked to empty my inside jacket pocket... on removing the offending envelope (which contained the former contents of my piggy bank) the guy (an employee of a private security company mind you) asked me how much was in the envelope.

"Surely you can't ask me, a citizen, that private question...?"

Apparently he could... and I then had a lovely chat with two employees of HM Customs and Excise in a small and not very well decorated side room. No tea or biscuits offered and I didn't miss my flight... but hey! I thought a man's pockets were his castle!

JJ::bigsmile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
... and I then had a lovely chat with two employees of HM Customs and Excise in a small and not very well decorated side room. No tea or biscuits offered and I didn't miss my flight... but hey! I thought a man's pockets were his castle!

You're lucky they didn't extend the search beyond your pockets :moon: :Eeek:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Spoke to Mark of Frank's Caravans today and he will sell his batteries (110 amp, not the cheapest but claimed to be the best in price range) for £55 a saving of £4.50.

He will give this price to any Funster at Shepton (use the magic words... "JJ told us...")

JJ

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Spoke to Mark of Frank's Caravans today and he will sell his batteries (110 amp, not the cheapest but claimed to be the best in price range) for £55 a saving of £4.50.

He will give this price to any Funster at Shepton (use the magic words... "JJ told us...")

JJ

Excellent price JJ, shame I don't need any.

Doug...

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:Doh::Doh: they buy them from company on internet for £60.00 with 4 years garentee n next day delivery and are 110 amp/hrs ,,got 3 in my auto/trail but realy need an intelegent charger to run them,,:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
:Doh::Doh: they buy them from company on internet for £60.00 with 4 years garentee n next day delivery and are 110 amp/hrs ,,got 3 in my auto/trail but realy need an intelegent charger to run them,,:thumb::thumb:

Bit confused here Niggle... why would Franks Caravans buy batteries on internet for £60 and sell them to us for £55?

Not too sure how clever my charger is... my three batteries have been ok for the last year though so maybe it is quite bright...

JJ :winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Bit confused here Niggle... why would Franks Caravans buy batteries on internet for £60 and sell them to us for £55?

Not too sure how clever my charger is... my three batteries have been ok for the last year though so maybe it is quite bright...

JJ :winky:
Its a new form of business strategy
Its called preemptive marketing:thumb:
Its designed to run your business into the ground before the tax man does:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Amanda

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
MH
sundance 630g
Exp
since 2006 with my mom & dad
Thanks for sorting our battery for us jj dad was well chuffed, look forward to seeing you at Shepton XXX ::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I take it the battery buying been done:Sad:

Next meet for me unless our snowy get a deal for me (he's a good ole boy really):thumb:

Your OK to JJ had only good reports about your behaviour:roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back