Anyone know of any Motorhome gas engineers near Benidorm? (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
hi all,

Further to our gas issues the other day we have realised we need to change the regulator. Got a new one ready to go but the tap for turning the gas off from the tank to the regulator doesn’t seem to be turning the gas off for some reason therefore we can’t change it.

As we have only had the MH for 4 weeks we rang the dealer who has said to get a mobile engineer out and send them the bill but as we’ve never had issues while abroad before we don’t know where to start to find someone who can help.

Anyone know of any good repairer?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
hi all,

Further to our gas issues the other day we have realised we need to change the regulator. Got a new one ready to go but the tap for turning the gas off from the tank to the regulator doesn’t seem to be turning the gas off for some reason therefore we can’t change it.

As we have only had the MH for 4 weeks we rang the dealer who has said to get a mobile engineer out and send them the bill but as we’ve never had issues while abroad before we don’t know where to start to find someone who can help.

Anyone know of any good repairer?
Is the tap on the bottle or do you have an under slung tank?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hel999
Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 2013
Hi, yes it is an underslung tank. We are in Albir on Cap Blanch, near Benidorm. The tap on the tank tightens up but we still have gas coming to appliances (too long for it to just be the residual amount in the pipes) and therefore we darent take the regulator off although Richard has loosened it slightly and a load of water came out so we are thinking it has definitely been overfilled.

OP
OP
Hel999
Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 2013
Ok further update:

Cannot praise gasit enough despite us not being their customer. While I was at reception asking if they had anybody I could call, Richard rang gasit to see if they would be willing to offer any advice. They have been fantastic.

Apparently what has happened is this. It has overfilled due to a faulty gas pump or faulty cut of valve in the tank and therefore has allowed liquid down through the pipes and into the regulator. Gasit reassured us that although it seems as though the isolation tap isn’t working as there is still loads coming through, it is because of the liquid which produces far much more and it just feels like it isn’t isolated. He asked us to trust him and go try it despite plenty of gas still reaching appliances.

Sure enough, we are now able to take off the regulator and change it although he did say try and let the excess liquid out and it might be ok without changing it.

I’m feeling much happier now! I hate gas!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Contact the local tourist information office. Second choice would be to ask the campsite manager.
Last year I locked all my keys in the garage and asked the man running the car park for help. No Spanish, loads of gestures and within minutes he phoned for a locksmith to come out.
People generally love to be able to help and GAS is universal and PROBLEMA is Spanish for problem.
Sorry I wrote this while you were submitting your latest.

OP
OP
Hel999
Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 2013
I will do when I work out how to. He was great and told us to keep hold of his number and to not hesitate to ring again if we had any more issues.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back