Another Spanish town intending to clamp down on parking (1 Viewer)

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
NOTICE TO CITIZENSHIP
♂ The Local Police of Teulada, faced with the existence of caravans and motor homes that are located in certain places of this municipality, has established a line of police work, based on three fundamental lines. The first is the information to users of this type of vehicle, the current regulations regarding parking and illegal camping. In a second line, based on control actions and possible denunciation of possible illegal behaviors and a third line of action, is to raise to the municipal bodies, of regulatory changes that allow to deal with this type of situations with greater legal certainty. the Local Police of Teulada.
"THE ENVIRONMENT, OUR COMMITMENT".

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
NOTICE TO CITIZENSHIP
♂ The Local Police of Teulada, faced with the existence of caravans and motor homes that are located in certain places of this municipality, has established a line of police work, based on three fundamental lines. The first is the information to users of this type of vehicle, the current regulations regarding parking and illegal camping. In a second line, based on control actions and possible denunciation of possible illegal behaviors and a third line of action, is to raise to the municipal bodies, of regulatory changes that allow to deal with this type of situations with greater legal certainty. the Local Police of Teulada.
"THE ENVIRONMENT, OUR COMMITMENT".
At the moment there must be about 40 Motorhomes parked in moriara in the car park where the Friday market is.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Without reading the original, all it seems to be saying is that firstly they are going to communicate the difference between parking and camping. Seems fair enough to me and would be a Clamp down on camping - not a clampdown on parking.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes unless they make it the same for all types of vehicle regarding any 'parking' restrictions then they are not legal under the national laws.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Without reading the original, all it seems to be saying is that firstly they are going to communicate the difference between parking and camping. Seems fair enough to me and would be a Clamp down on camping - not a clampdown on parking.

I know two local residents here in Javea that have had €300 fines for parking on the road for more than 2 days outside their homes, I take it is the same rules as Calpe. :crying:
We can park behind our apartment , and can abide by the parking and not camping rule when out and about, but very unfair when you live there. :rolleyes:
But then you park outside your home and everyone parks next to you. :mad:
They wouldn't do it in their own country. :( Bob.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
So what is the law in Spain can you park any whare for two nights max we have always used sites when over thare or airs
Bill

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
There are two motorhomes in the streets near us. One french reg and one brit. They rarely move and no problems as far as I know.

There are a few that live in Javea, and I can only imagine they have been lucky, :rolleyes:
But you know what the Spanish are, the free loaders are on the last building plot near scallops, some have been there since September and the police cant move them because it's not their land and has to go through the courts, but the locals complain and the police issue tickets to the ones they can. :cry:
One with a ticket was Ray Turner with an a class Rapido don't know if you have met him, the other guy is the tag Hymer near the FLT. :rolleyes:

So what is the law in Spain can you park any whare for two nights max we have always used sites when over thare or airs
Bill

That was the case Bill, but unfortunately some over stay and can't abide by the rules, and spoil it for everyone. :rolleyes:
Bob.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
There are 50 or so parked near the sandstone sculptures at Bolnuevo, some next to the no motorhome signs. They are being tolerated at the moment, the only ones asked to move were the ones next to the sculptures, which is a tourist attraction. Unfortunately many are "camping" some with solar panels out. I saw a step and mat left to reserve a space! and even a car and caravan. It'll only be a matter of time ...

IMG_20190113_154700.jpg
IMG_20190113_155244.jpg

Sunday. A few days ago there was a report in Murcia Today.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
There are a few that live in Javea, and I can only imagine they have been lucky, :rolleyes:
But you know what the Spanish are, the free loaders are on the last building plot near scallops, some have been there since September and the police cant move them because it's not their land and has to go through the courts, but the locals complain and the police issue tickets to the ones they can. :cry:
One with a ticket was Ray Turner with an a class Rapido don't know if you have met him, the other guy is the tag Hymer near the Fork Lift Truck. :rolleyes:

That was the case Bill, but unfortunately some over stay and can't abide by the rules, and spoil it for everyone. :rolleyes:
Bob.

I guessed it would not be long

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...-parked-up-near-the-wok-taylor-wimpey.187613/

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
There were approx 20 vans on the car park/ waste ground in Moriara today, my buddies apartment overlooks this area. These notices were placed on the windscreens.
0154EAA1-554E-415F-8CCD-C2E4A14B0625.jpeg

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
With Brexit looming something was bound to happen, but, as usual there are the few idiots who flaunt the use of "parking", as we can see from the photo of Bolnuevo, tables and chairs out and making a mockery of the chances we have. There is a difference between parking and camping and as long as we park considerately we might be allowed to continue. We have been doing it over recent years but with respect, never get chairs and tables out, never park in front of someones front door or where you are offending someone, we have parked on beaches, car parks, waste ground with no problems.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
With Brexit looming something was bound to happen, but, as usual there are the few idiots who flaunt the use of "parking", as we can see from the photo of Bolnuevo, tables and chairs out and making a mockery of the chances we have. There is a difference between parking and camping and as long as we park considerately we might be allowed to continue. We have been doing it over recent years but with respect, never get chairs and tables out, never park in front of someones front door or where you are offending someone, we have parked on beaches, car parks, waste ground with no problems.

What you couldn't see from my photo was freestanding solar panels and disconnected trailers with cars parked ad hoc. No way could that be construed as "parking" ... and the "person" who told our friend the way to dispose of black water.

"You go to a cafe looking like a hiker with a rucksack. Buy a coffee. Pay for it and then go to use their toilet with your rucksack on your back (of course!).

You can guess the rest :mad::mad::mad:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
What you couldn't see from my photo was freestanding solar panels and disconnected trailers with cars parked ad hoc. No way could that be construed as "parking" ... and the "person" who told our friend the way to dispose of black water.

"You go to a cafe looking like a hiker with a rucksack. Buy a coffee. Pay for it and then go to use their toilet with your rucksack on your back (of course!).

You can guess the rest :mad::mad::mad:
Oh No! Emptying a cassette down a toilet. That should be a crime punishable by a custodial sentence. Where is it all going to end.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
It’s one thing parking for a night on a deserted beach , but today’s freeloaders are turning these parking areas into no more than travellers sites. There is an area in Javea in the town at Arenal which is occupied by about 20 vans parked in a circle. What do they do with their waste? I dread to think . Some of these MH s are pretty new and therefore quite expensive. If they can afford the vehicles they can afford to pay site fees. I would also add that there is a high percentage of Brit’s there!
There are no Camperstops here , no doubt because there are already two adequate Campsites here. The local Authorities here are pretty laid back here but I can’t see this being tolerated for much longer.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We've spent 7 weeks on a campsite at Benidorm and walking back to the site several motorhomes are parked every night. In a layby. On at least 5 occasions we've seen people with toilet cassettes running back to there van from an adjoining park. No guessing as to what is happening. These people are the lowest of the pile and I'm very tempted to publish number plates. Instead have given there details to the local police. This activity is ruining stays for everyone. ALL we're English registered.

OP
OP
Xabia

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
When I was in my house in Javea last year there was a new Concorde with a new car on a trailer parked on the patch of land near Scallops for more than a week, if the owner can afford that sort of rig there is no reason why he can’t use the two perfectly adequate campsites in the town. I agree with the comments about disposal of toilet and grey waste. I see motorhomes parked there for weeks at a time no doubt lifting manhole covers and emptying waste down them, irrespective of whether they are drainage or soil type pipes. We property owners pay rates to support services such as this, these motorhomers contribute nothing and it is no wonder that Spanish towns in general are getting tired of being taken advantage of.

The mayor of Javea is a very switched on gentleman and I don’t think it will be long before he decides it is time that something is done about the situation.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We've spent 7 weeks on a campsite at Benidorm and walking back to the site several motorhomes are parked every night. In a layby. On at least 5 occasions we've seen people with toilet cassettes running back to there van from an adjoining park. No guessing as to what is happening. These people are the lowest of the pile and I'm very tempted to publish number plates. Instead have given there details to the local police. This activity is ruining stays for everyone. ALL we're English registered.
I agree with your sentiments entirely and whilst I class myself as a proud FFree LLoading Ttosser, this sort of behaviour is clearly unacceptable and gives us all a bad reputation. Pity you did not take the picture, then publish in the hope of naming and shaming. Would that be Villasol campsite with the motor-homes legally parked just down a bit, near the play park and football stadium, with the rough ground on the other side of the road ? Surprised that guys would be emptying there cassettes there, there's always people about and it's fairly well policed too.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Well I for one would take a very dim view of someone walking through an eating establishment with cassette full of s**t on their backs and then going into the toilet and splashing it round the toilet bowl.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Well I for one would take a very dim view of someone walking through an eating establishment with cassette full of s**t on their backs and then going into the toilet and splashing it round the toilet bowl.
Technicaly, shit doesn't splash, that would be piss. I think shit is more of a thud than anything else, unless of course you've had some Yorkshire pies the night before , then it;s just a smashing sound as the crapper disintegrates in a thousand pieces.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back