LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi parked up at on a CL at Mytholmroyd. Laneside (Alan and Linda) who live at Todmorden approx 5 miles from us made contact and we arranged to meet at Stoodley Pike. Alan then took us to his home where we had coffee and met Linda his wife. He then took us to his daughters pub the Staff of Life where he insisted on treating us to a meal. The food was superb, all home cooked and at reasonable prices, very highly recommended.
Once again through this club we have met another smashing couple. :thumb:

Don't forget Alan when you are next oop North it's our treat. ::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
HMMMM freeloaders eh!:RollEyes:

only joking what a nice gesture:thumb:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Hi

Believe us it was our pleasure to meet another like minded delightful couple we do not get too many motorhomers in our neck of the woods. Just a pity Lynda was streaming with a cold and did not feel up to joining us for lunch.

Road runner they did not free load I had to fight Steph off from paying and besides Ken bought the beer.

Alan and Lynda

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
love reading this stuff. Makes me realise what Fun is all about. Glad you both had a good time. What I would say though is that both you and Steph are also smashing people. A bit like 90% of all funsters.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

JJ would we forget you, we know just what a fussy feeder you are, it just so happens that our local corner shop had some fray bentos pies that were past their sell by date so I have put a couple into the pubs storeroom just incase you drop by.

Sorry but Kate did ask if you would mind awfully if she set you a table out at the back so that we did not lower the tone of the place too much.

P.s please do not leave it too long as the pies are already just over their sell by date

Alan

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Right you lot, trying to isiner...insin...say that I am tight. :Angry:
I'll have you know I am reno..rekni...known for my generosity. :thumb:
It has been noted that I once gave my kids pocket money. :Eeek:
Why only this year I gave Steph an inflation busting increase in her housekeeping of 5% :whatthe:bringing her weekly allowance up to £4.12.6d (I shall be going decimal when I have used up my remaining sterling:thumb:) which I feel is very generous in these austere times. :Blush:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
blimey kens street cred is in danger of being downgraded from stingy to tight:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

how will he live with this?

he once gave me a beer but sent steph over in the morning with an invoice:winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Right you lot, trying to isiner...insin...say that I am tight. :Angry:
I'll have you know I am reno..rekni...known for my generosity. :thumb:
It has been noted that I once gave my kids pocket money. :Eeek:
Why only this year I gave Steph an inflation busting increase in her housekeeping of 5% :whatthe:bringing her weekly allowance up to £4.12.6d (I shall be going decimal when I have used up my remaining sterling:thumb:) which I feel is very generous in these austere times. :Blush:

No, Ken's not tight.

There has to be another reason why Steph carries a WD40 spray in her bag instead of perfume hasn't there? Well, hasn't there? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ would we forget you, we know just what a fussy feeder you are, it just so happens that our local corner shop had some fray bentos pies that were past their sell by date so I have put a couple into the pubs storeroom just incase you drop by.

Sorry but Kate did ask if you would mind awfully if she set you a table out at the back so that we did not lower the tone of the place too much.

P.s please do not leave it too long as the pies are already just over their sell by date

Alan

Do you think I am the sort of bloke who would visit pubs that would allow an old, bald gypsy to eat a (home cooked) tinned pie out the back?

Too right I am... (as long as the drug takers [smokers] aren't blowing their filthy smoke over the aromatic gravy and stodge pastry...)

Season starts very soon now... how far did you say you are from the Stadium for the Enlightened Ones Alan?

JJ:Smile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Do you think I am the sort of bloke who would visit pubs that would allow an old, bald gypsy to eat a (home cooked) tinned pie out the back?

Too right I am... (as long as the drug takers [smokers] aren't blowing their filthy smoke over the aromatic gravy and stodge pastry...)

Season starts very soon now... how far did you say you are from the Stadium for the Enlightened Ones Alan?

JJ:Smile:

Only about sixteen miles from the stadium of the enlightened ones JJ
All you have to do is follow the clouds they will lead you directly there.

Alan and lynda

P.s. Used my influence you are now permitted into best room, one or two provisos but nothing major, will brief you upon arrival.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Alan, it was not you, it was wivvy'sdad, Apologies.:Blush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wivvy's dad Link Removed

It never rains in Tod

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You can't have a rainbow without rain!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Hell no this is Todmorden for goodness sake, she just did not want a miserable old supporter with a long face that had been supporting a losing side and definitely no city colours, this is Burnley territory

But they will win wont they JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back