Jul 31, 2010
Halifax. West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Nothing yet
Exp
None yet
Hi.
My wife and I are going to go full timing soon.
I have a question for all you good people out there.
We intend to buy a "fifth wheeler".
Are there any produced abroad on the European mainland, Germany etc;?
I know of Niche and Calder Leisure in the UK.
Regards to everyone. Bing

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We bought our fifth wheel from Niche - no complaints there to us they seemed the better company when we were researching Dont know of any other 5th wheel units made for the Euro sized pickup except The Fifth Wheel company in wales have you deciide what size you want ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi David, we have a few Fifth Wheel Full-Timers here. Welcome to the Fun:thumb:

OP
OP
D

davidbingley

Free Member
Jul 31, 2010
Halifax. West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Nothing yet
Exp
None yet
We bought our fifth wheel from Niche - no complaints there to us they seemed the better company when we were researching Dont know of any other 5th wheel units made for the Euro sized pickup except The Fifth Wheel company in wales have you deciide what size you want ??

Hi.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
We have seen Calder Leisure's stuff at shows we have attended and very nice too. A friend of mine has bought from Niche Marketing and they are happy. The Welsh connection we have not made yet.
We just wondered if there was a European alternative though. The Euro is loosing ground steadily and it would be cheaper to buy abroad I think.
Have you any reservations or advice regarding Fifth wheelers?

OP
OP
D

davidbingley

Free Member
Jul 31, 2010
Halifax. West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Nothing yet
Exp
None yet
Hi David, we have a few Fifth Wheel Full-Timers here. Welcome to the Fun:thumb:
Hi Jim.
Nice to hear from you.
I would be delighted to contact anyone who has experience of fifth wheelers.
Obviously its an advantage to have views from people who have experience of fifth wheeler living.
The ones we saw at NEC shows from Calder Leisure with pop out sides were fantastic with all sorts of mod cons but living in one is a different thing altogether.
Of course there is a pick up truck to get. Navara's seem to be the ones that Calder Leisure promote. Are there alternatives available?
Thanks in anticipation. Bing:thumb: back at ya.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
we also got ours from niche, check out their whitewater range very similar to the calder ones.I use an isuzu pickup to tow ours,

If you go the nissan route it will need re-plating to a higher weight but i believe calder do that for you

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I do not know anything about fifth wheels apart from what I have seen at shows in the UK, but you might be able to find European fifth wheels at the Dusseldorf caravan and motorhome exhibition in AUgust/September.

Rasmus

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We full time in ours and some of the most important features we felt were the amount of room available so that you can live a normal life without tripping over each other. The amount of carrying capacity you have for all the items you need to carry for full timing. Unused or unnecessary features may look nice but are extra weight to carry - each slide out costs carrying capacity. The lower the weight the less fuel you use to haul it. Where abouts are you based - can you get to Shepton in September ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back