Larling Beer Festival (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Morning all,

Has anyone been to Larling Beer festival, Norwich? I have had a look online and can take the MH, just interested to see if anyone has been to the festival and if there are many electric hook up spots?
Hope to go this summer and quaff a beverage or three. May well see a fellow member there?

Happy Monday all,

Kind regards,
Ryan

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Dates? Link?
Might be helpful... save everyone from googling, especially if the dates are otherwise occupied.

OP
OP
ryan_flea
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
Dates? Link?
Might be helpful... save everyone from googling, especially if the dates are otherwise occupied.

Dates are:
Thursday 1st Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd August 2019

Every year for the last 25 years we have held a beer festival which has now grown into one of the largest Beer Festival's in Norfolk.

Opening Times
Thursday 4.30pm until midnight
Friday 11.00am until midnight
Saturday 11.00am until midnight

There will be live music every evening from 9 pm. The schedule is as follows:

I was attempting to ask in the view of the past tense, as in people who have previously visited.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
The Fun Whisky meet was held at that pub, I think it was 2017, I can't recall seeing any hook-ups, though there could have been some on the opposite side to where I pitched, but the field opposite the pub was OK for motorhomes and there was a small toilet block in the field, which would of course be very busy if there were tent campers for the beer festival. Access was easy too.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I notice that in the terms and conditions in the posted link it says:

"It is not permitted to bring your own alcohol or glassware to this event. To ensure the safety of all customers the pub car parks will be attended by security and visitors may be subject to a car search."

If taking the motorhome to such an event, that would indicate that one would need to remove all glasses, bottles of wine etc before they would let you in. That seems a bit draconian. It would be impossible for someone who was visiting as part of a MH tour and it would also prevent someone walking down to the distillery and making a purchase in the shop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ryan_flea
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
I notice that in the terms and conditions in the posted link it says:

"It is not permitted to bring your own alcohol or glassware to this event. To ensure the safety of all customers the pub car parks will be attended by security and visitors may be subject to a car search."

I would have to pick apart their statement... they can search cars, not MH hehehe :) no, I wouldn't be pedantic about it, however, I utterly agree it would be a difficult thing to man.
Furthermore, I would think this is standard formatting for them- in the sense of safety. Would probably bring the 'staying in the van while intoxicated argument (with possession of keys' ) about again. I think I will give them a ring....double check the set up and scenario.

The beer festivals normally have a glass you purchase with tokens- so hoping for a little souvenir. :):) or it will be confiscated upon my departure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back