Our old boy is failing (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Our old boy is failing got up this morning and he did not look well so off to the vet
He has had a Hart attack apparently
So he on Hart pills two a day.
But he has a few other problems as well.
He is not in any pain or distress and is within the breads life expectancy
So looking like his days are numbered
Bill

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Sorry to hear that as long as he is not in pain just enjoy the time.you have left.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sorry to hear that as long as he is not in pain just enjoy the time.you have left.
The wee-man is beside him shelf grown up with him.
Won't leave him had a right job today when we went to visit our sons his dog dose not get on with ours and winds him up
So we left bobo at home the wee-man was not happy
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
So sad we have just lost our 17 yr old staffie heartbreaking feel for you.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sad Bill, hate seeing them in distress, they can’t tell us .

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sad Bill, hate seeing them in distress, they can’t tell us .
He is not in any pane as such but think his Hart is falling will know tomorow if it was a wee Hart turn tomorow when blood results come back
But he is not as perky as his usual self
Bill

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
really sad to hear this Bill

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
So sorry to hear that Bill ....give Jay a big hug from me

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So sorry for you all to loose such a much loved pet will be very sad .Hugs for you all.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
So sorry for you all to loose such a much loved pet will be very sad .Hugs for you all.
in doggy years he is 70 years old might be a bit older as we did not know his age when we got him we have had him cince 2009 and we though he was around six months old
bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
IMG_20190107_000148.jpg

Apart frome going in to the garden for a paa and food he has no interest not like him to not bark when sumeone comes to the door Hasent moved off his sette all day really apart from basic stuff poor old boy

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Tough for all of you - but especially Jay... guess it's one of those "it's not fair" lessons we learn growing up.
I'm sure you'll not let old faithful suffer... sometimes I think they're brighter than humans & just sense when their time is up.

Hugs all round.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Tough for all of you - but especially Jay... guess it's one of those "it's not fair" lessons we learn growing up.
I'm sure you'll not let old faithful suffer... sometimes I think they're brighter than humans & just sense when their time is up.

Hugs all round.
Were just sitting with him just now taking Turns to just pet him and make sure his comfortable we don't think he is in any pane as he sleeping an snoring like a trane
Bill

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Bill. But there's always hope.

I had a cat years ago whose heart was deteriorating. She was on a tiny amount of medication, vet gave her 3 months and she lived for 15. Not in any pain, had a quiet but good quality of life for those 15 months and died peacefully at home with me, aged 15.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hug .. just for you Jay. Be brave young man for the sake of your four legged friend but don't be afraid to cry. It takes a man to show feelings ... know that he has known love which many havn't ... Chhose a favourite photo of him and keep it forever darlin' .. one day you will smile at his memory rather than cry. Xxxxx

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Good to hear he has perked up a bit Bill sending hugs to you all.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Phone call frome the vet blood results are back he has had a bit of a turn he wants us to bring him Dow and tomorow to check him over and set up a treetment plan
Bill

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Aww! Bless him. It’s not easy when our pets begin to fail. He looks warm and comfortable, Bill.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
IMG_20190111_214508.jpg

I think his bean taking the wee a bit walked the legs off me tonight and wanted more three days he would hardly move off his bead
Bill

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Pleased he's a bit better Bill, he needed to recuperate after his experience, hence the sleeping, best way for the body to 'heal' and recover.

Our Kizzie had heart issues and was really, really bad, she refused to eat or do anything, our vet was useless and didn't have a clue what was wrong with her so I went to another one who immediately knew what the problem was and put her on meds immediately. She wasn't in pain but just lethargic and didn't care about anything, wouldn't eat etc so in the end I blended up some cooked veg in gravy, put it in an old squeezy sauce bottle, and then squirted it into her mouth, that's the only way I could get any food into her. What really, really helped was taking her in a buggy to the park (too heavy to carry) for a bit of fresh air this got her 'nose' going. As they had an aviary (she loved watching the birds) we took her over there and she actually got out of her buggy and walked the last 10 feet ... after that she went from strength to strength and we had her for over a year with a good quality of life, only in her last 2 days did it get to the point that she wasn't happy, not in pain, but just had 'had enough' and started to have difficulty breathing.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Pleased he's a bit better Bill, he needed to recuperate after his experience, hence the sleeping, best way for the body to 'heal' and recover.

Our Kizzie had heart issues and was really, really bad, she refused to eat or do anything, our vet was useless and didn't have a clue what was wrong with her so I went to another one who immediately knew what the problem was and put her on meds immediately. She wasn't in pain but just lethargic and didn't care about anything, wouldn't eat etc so in the end I blended up some cooked veg in gravy, put it in an old squeezy sauce bottle, and then squirted it into her mouth, that's the only way I could get any food into her. What really, really helped was taking her in a buggy to the park (too heavy to carry) for a bit of fresh air this got her 'nose' going. As they had an aviary (she loved watching the birds) we took her over there and she actually got out of her buggy and walked the last 10 feet ... after that she went from strength to strength and we had her for over a year with a good quality of life, only in her last 2 days did it get to the point that she wasn't happy, not in pain, but just had 'had enough' and started to have difficulty breathing.
The wife Ben feeding him chicken livers eggs spoiling him rotten he won't now look at his normal food.
Put down his normal stuff just looked up I know what he's thinking.
I will just waight till mommy's up she will give me sum of that good stuff.
Bill

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The wife Ben feeding him chicken livers eggs spoiling him rotten he won't now look at his normal food.
Put down his normal stuff just looked up I know what he's thinking.
I will just waight till mommy's up she will give me sum of that good stuff.
Bill
... not sure that it will do him any good to keep feeding him stuff like that ... check what he should be having with his heart condition.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
... not sure that it will do him any good to keep feeding him stuff like that ... check what he should be having with his heart condition.
Mostly protein he's back on his normal food and he can like it or lump only thing is bit harder to hide his meds in his dry food so a tablet in a bit of chicken
Bill

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Our Benji was diagnosed with anal gland cancer in November which has spread to other organs so inoperable with perhaps a year to go at best. He is on palladia chemo tablets and initially was very poorly but just like his normal nutty self now.
Anyway following Christmas dinner we gave him and his sister all the turkey trimmings and for a while after that they would not touch their normal food.
I think it best to keep them on regular dog food and forget treats .
Best wishes with yours , must enjoy every minute.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back