LPG (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I have a refillable LPG tank but will be on Turiscampo campsite in Portugal for a few weeks and just planning ahead Incase I run short on LPG, I have the connector hose which will allow me to connect to a local LPG bottle and connect to my fill point. Can all you knowledgeable funsters advise where I can obtain a local LPG bottle and do I need any adapters? My connecting hose simply screws into my fill point and I think the other end is a LH thread nut.

Cheers Dave

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Defeating the point of having a refillable?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Are you thinking you can re-fill a permanent tank in the MH by hooking up the fill point to a bottle? You can't do that.

What you -might- be able to is have a switch valve, so you can -either- run from your fitted tank or a replaceable bottle.

OP
OP
dpsuk999
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I don't understand your problem, I assume you have wheels & an engine, there is a gas station with LPG just up the road near Lagos airport.
Thanks for your input!! If you can’t add anything constructive then can I suggest you don’t bother replying.

OP
OP
dpsuk999
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Are you thinking you can re-fill a permanent tank in the MH by hooking up the fill point to a bottle? You can't do that.

What you -might- be able to is have a switch valve, so you can -either- run from your fitted tank or a replaceable bottle.
No, I know you can’t fill a permanent system, my question was simply is there anywhere nearby where I can obtain a LPG cylinder to use.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks for your input!! If you can’t add anything constructive then can I suggest you don’t bother replying.
Perhaps you should look at Rule one of the Forum.

Looks like I wasted my time finding out where there was an LPG station near by for someone as rude as you.

OP
OP
dpsuk999
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
My question was where can I obtain a LPG cylinder from locally to Turiscampo. What I didn’t ask for was a flippant comment regarding wheels and an engine as obviously I do have wheels and an engine, so maybe a refresh of rule number one for you is in order.

What you fail to understand is people have different ways of ‘motorhoming’ and when Iam spending upwards of 2 months at a campsite escaping the UK cold weather, my winter getaway is simply a get there and stay put and I don’t want to be having to move to go get LPG.

We all are different and I don’t appreciate your flippant comments just because you may prefer to flit around and not stay somewhere for more than a couple of days.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Happy New Year everyone :) (is that flippant?)

Your original post says you want a cylinder to connect to your fill point - which was confusing because that won't work. I think what you meant was a cylinder you could connect instead of your refillable - or have I git that wrong?

OP
OP
dpsuk999
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Happy New Year everyone :) (is that flippant?)

Your original post says you want a cylinder to connect to your fill point - which was confusing because that won't work. I think what you meant was a cylinder you could connect instead of your refillable - or have I git that wrong?
Happy New Year :D:D:D

I’m led to believe from previous posts that in case of running out of LPG on your refillable bottles that you can connect an external bottle via your fill point. Gaslow sell a connection pipe (which I have) for this purpose. The external bottle does not refill your existing bottles, just goes through them and through your regulator, hence no need for a regulator on the bottle, so I was just asking if anyone knew anywhere local to Turiscampo I could obtain a bottle.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Don’t need a regulator but the hose is only a hose which needs an adapter to attach to whichever bottle you plan to use

OP
OP
dpsuk999
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I guess you need something like this once you have found a Portugeuse bottle, this one is to a butane fitting and your adapter pipe may well be for propane but the same people might do a bottle to propane fitting if you ask them, https://gasproducts.co.uk/kosan-35m...MIo9vRiYzk3wIVBJzVCh0W4gFXEAQYAiABEgK7dPD_BwE

Martin
Thanks Martin, now at least I’ll know what to ask for, once I find a Portuguese bottle (y)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have a refillable LPG tank but will be on Turiscampo campsite in Portugal for a few weeks and just planning ahead Incase I run short on LPG, I have the connector hose which will allow me to connect to a local LPG bottle and connect to my fill point. Can all you knowledgeable funsters advise where I can obtain a local LPG bottle and do I need any adapters? My connecting hose simply screws into my fill point and I think the other end is a LH thread nut.

Cheers Dave

If you find a supplier how are you going to transport the bottle back to the campsite?

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Don’t forget a filter, screws onto filler then hose screws onto filter, messed my gaslow up with a calor propane bottle, gummed up the non return valve on the filler and the bottle

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Happy New Year :D:D:D

I’m led to believe from previous posts that in case of running out of LPG on your refillable bottles that you can connect an external bottle via your fill point. Gaslow sell a connection pipe (which I have) for this purpose. The external bottle does not refill your existing bottles, just goes through them and through your regulator, hence no need for a regulator on the bottle, .
No it will not work through the normal filler point.
If it did partially work it certainly would not be able to keep up with fridge, hob, heater,water heater , if any were used together..

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Just gas under bottle pressure entering the empty bottle and out via the van regulator, may take a few mins to “fill” the empty bottle and then away you go.

OP
OP
dpsuk999
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Don’t forget a filter, screws onto filler then hose screws onto filter, messed my gaslow up with a calor propane bottle, gummed up the non return valve on the filler and the bottle
Can you get a filter from a Repsol garage for instance?

Cheers

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Always connect exterior bottle to bbq point if you have one still be hassle if you have/want gas bbq unless you have something other than gas bbq or dedicated bottle for bbq

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I don't understand your problem, I assume you have wheels & an engine, there is a gas station with LPG just up the road near Lagos airport.
I completely understand the problem. When you are in one place for a while and are nicely set up on site completely level with all your accessories out, probably a full awning securely pegged and weighted down, last thing you want to do it dismantle everything to go and get filled up. This is why we have 1 x refillable and 1 x swappable Cepsa gas bottle. We bought the Cepsa bottle 2nd hand - there are always some available on ebay (upon relection we should have bought a Repsol as there appears to be more Repsol stations than Cepsa). There are many sites which either sell gas bottles or have a truck coming round to deliver them. The OP even has a car so swapping his gas bottle is even less of a problem.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Yes but he wants to put in in through the filler.
Sorry said slightly wrong i meant you could always connect exterior gas supply via exterior bbq point seems easy option to me - a lot less hassle quick connect fittings under £7 + regulator but he will have to buy 1 anyway for safety

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back