What Have You Learned About Your Motorhome This Week? (1 Viewer)

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
I have learned that I can go from Calor Propane to Camping Gaz by loosening and tightning one jubilee clip to change the regulator. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I need too put petrol in it so that we can get away to Montford Bridge for the weekend. All very mundane compared to what youre up to JJ.

Jim
:Smile:

Last edited:

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
i have found out i need to collect ours tomorrow from the dealers ::bigsmile: i am like a 10yr old in a sweet shop....

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I found out that when Autoglass say they will come and repair a stonechip between 8am and 1pm they don't bother to phone or turn up.:Angry::Angry: and when phoned to enquire where they are was told I'll send an email and find out. what crap service.
If I now use the van and the window cracks. I will hold them responsible for any excess.
still at least whilst sitting and waiting I can continue to read the posts, hee hee.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The Cook-in sauces in the cupboard have gone off.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Lol @ Joy :)

To trust my sixth-sense...I knew that, if I went to the C & CC rally this weekend, that I would be sitting in a soggy field.

So I didn't go. Woohooo - there's always next week. :roflmto:

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
That we are setting off to France at 6pm and all tyres need air in them and the compressor that does 260 psi doesn't. Aaaaarrrggghhhh:Angry:. But...the new jack works and now we have 1 less tyre as it is at the garage up the road being pumped up!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Giving the van a check up before we take off for another few weeks on Sunday and found the wires to the inverter loose, also got on the little collapsible stool I bought at Stratford show and found some packets hideing at the back of the cuboard 2008. So now having a good sort out before getting on the road again. :RollEyes:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Son, I'm on my way down there now to them... shotgun in hand:Angry: NOBODY treats my lad like that!!!!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Son, I'm on my way down there now to them... shotgun in hand:Angry: NOBODY treats my lad like that!!!!

Oh no....you've been taking those big blue pills again, haven't you? :Mellow:You were supposed to throw them away.

Sigh...here comes another restraining order.....first Argos, when the car battery charger was faulty and I didn't have my receipt anymore.....now Dunelm.

I told you we should have stolen those expensive memory foam toppers at Knutsford, remember? You were going to kick up a fuss again with that trailer bloke regarding the ramp for your trike....form a distraction.

(ooops....I've mentioned the trailer bloke....now she's going to go postal :Eeek:)

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Any new discoveries Funsters?

JJ:winky:

I have learned that when the van is booked in for a MOT you have to remember to go and get it out of storage and take it to the testing station if you want it done:Doh:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
That the sensors most likely needed cleaning in the waste-tank. They did. They were cleaned and they now give a true reading! - well at least it's correctly showing empty now instead of half full LOL

:thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I have learned just how much i miss my motorhome:cry:

Our daughter and family are away in Cornwall in it at the moment

Still Hengist, (thats his name) is home on the weekend

When I will give it a good wash and a cuddle

Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I've learnt that when SWMBO says NO we can't go yet, we have to wait until our daughters comes home to say hello/goodbye. SHE MEANS IT:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
....actually I have discovered one thing, not so much recently as over the last year.

Every time I wash Winne, it absolutly p****s it down and she ends up filthy again:Doh:

So, be warned, we're coming to Malvern and she is currently filthy so will be getting a wash beforehand:thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
You just gotta go n spoil things ain,t yer

Dat sun is gonna shine it,s been booked for weeks !!!! :ROFLMAO:

happy Daze
Chrisboyo n Liz

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I still love mine just as much today, maybe even more than I did on the :winky:(wedding day):winky: date of purchase. xxxx

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

I know mine is stood in the driveway in the rain, and it would be much better back in The New Forest where we were last week in glorious sunshine.

Alan

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Ours been stood for 9 weeks due to my broken feet.
Just had it out for a spin and learned that everything is as it should be.
Happy Chappie.
John

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ive learnt that by re rating it to 3700, it cost less to tax and that Safeguard wont charge more to insure it :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We've had a lovely week in Weymouth with our friends and its been great, enjoyed every minute of being in Motorhome living the outdoor life. Whilst here friends of ours have bought one and another cant wait to get one as they have felt "out of it" not being on site with us ( we're actually in a car park at the Sailing Academy ) but been lots of fun. If anyone knows of Motorhome for sale that has 3 bunks and a double bed please let me know.

Dale

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
That the sensors most likely needed cleaning in the waste-tank. They did. They were cleaned and they now give a true reading! - well at least it's correctly showing empty now instead of half full LOL

:thumb:

"Knowin were thick down 'ear could you please enlighten me as to who LOL is or what does LOL stand for" (truth now mind):Blush:

Hey it might be me ==================Left Over Lunitic :ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I learned a long time ago that motorhomes are a great way of disposing of disposable income,me being gready and owning two of them when Im the only person in the household that drives is a bit extravagent to say the least,but today have been enjoying my favourite pastime of updating one of them,namely the VW.Have put the sat dish on that I bought last week from evilbay,a new charge controler to cope with the extra solar panel bought at Wrenbury,new heater fan motor in the cab and heavy duty 12volt lead and plug for my 12volt coffee machine.
Busy day and this months disposable income now disposed of nicely.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back