• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Wanted A class for sale Coachbuilt (1 Viewer)

dixieland

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Herefordshire/Eauze
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We are looking for an A class motorhome. Island bed, 7.5m , 2015 onwards, heavy chassis 4t plus, towbar 2 tonnes, Maximum height 3m. Satellite tv, mid bathroom with division from both bedroom and living area. At least two leisure batteries, facility for two 11kg gas. 4 berth, twin floor, manual. Budget maximum £85,000.

We will have for sale 2011 Rapido 776FF 45000miles. Low profile ,French bed ,drop down bed. 7m.
Any thoughts or ideas gratefully received, Jim

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Many a good tune played on an old fiddle, or so I tells the missus;)

anyway, you could get a new Swift for that money :imoutahere:

I reckon you should buy mine this weekend and stick over 20k back in the bank, or you could waste it on beer.......or did I mean that the other way round:hi5:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Having been in Dave's motorhome I can tell you that it does not look its age, and you will struggle to find anything as good and with as much space for anything like the price. But it is longer than 7.5m.

I think the biggest problem you will have is getting a double bed model that has mid bathroom with division from both bedroom and living area and still stick to 7.5m. One or other but not both I would think with a 7.5m length. You may achieve it with a model with 2 single beds at the rear, like my 7.5m Hymer, but not a double. At least I haven't seen one yet.

PS @BreweryDave that's another drink you owe me.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Having been in Dave's motorhome I can tell you that it does not look its age, and you will struggle to find anything as good and with as much space for anything like the price. But it is longer than 7.5m.

I think the biggest problem you will have is getting a double bed model that has mid bathroom with division from both bedroom and living area and still stick to 7.5m. One or other but not both I would think with a 7.5m length. You may achieve it with a model with 2 single beds at the rear, like my 7.5m Hymer, but not a double. At least I haven't seen one yet.

PS @BreweryDave that's another drink you owe me.
My Le Voyageur is 7.6m but can only accommodate that layout with a transverse bed over the garage.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Brewery Dave , you have a good sales team on here! We will be quite happy with a short dining area to accommodate the proposed layout.
Jim
My Hymer has a short dining area and is 7.5m long. I still think you won't get it in a 7.5m motorhome. But keep looking by all means. I have seen what you want, but in longer motorhomes.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Jim

Your basic layout is similar to what we look for if changing, without the goodies.

However, I have concluded, as many have commented, that it would not be achievable in 7.5m - more like 8-8.5m.

This is partly because of the trend to separate toilet and shower into 2 compartments thus using up floor space. Were it not for this trend and our combined shower/toilet is fine for us then it would be possible in 7.5m.

Why is 7.5m so fixed - is it parking space at home?

Geoff

Stand Off

Free Member
Jul 19, 2017
St Helens
Funster No
MH
Hymer B668
Exp
Since 2009
We are looking for an A class motorhome. Island bed, 7.5m , 2015 onwards, heavy chassis 4t plus, towbar 2 tonnes, Maximum height 3m. Satellite tv, mid bathroom with division from both bedroom and living area. At least two leisure batteries, facility for two 11kg gas. 4 berth, twin floor, manual. Budget maximum £85,000.

We will have for sale 2011 Rapido 776FF 45000miles. Low profile ,French bed ,drop down bed. 7m.
Any thoughts or ideas gratefully received, Jim

HI @dixieland

I am selling my hymer B668 similar to the one on the link below. Ours has the gold paint option. 2017 model. Mine has a load more extras on it than the one shown, i.e. gaslow system, oyster 5 satellite, full winterisation, underfloor heating, maxxfan, 2 leisure batteries, solar panel, etc etc.

https://www.motorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes-for-sale/hymer/b-class-premium-line/b-668-pl/1589/

I am selling due to my wife’s ill health.

So,if would like to pm me i can give you more details.

Cheers

Last edited:
OP
OP
dixieland

dixieland

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Herefordshire/Eauze
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Jim

Your basic layout is similar to what we look for if changing, without the goodies.

However, I have concluded, as many have commented, that it would not be achievable in 7.5m - more like 8-8.5m.

This is partly because of the trend to separate toilet and shower into 2 compartments thus using up floor space. Were it not for this trend and our combined shower/toilet is fine for us then it would be possible in 7.5m.

Why is 7.5m so fixed - is it parking space at home?

I was hoping to do it at 7m for ferry costs and general ease of parking.
Thinking this a bit unrealistic I have accepted 7.5 m with no particular reason for not going longer. I thought that the toilet door forms one division , leaving just a slider for the other divider. Am I mistaken?
Jim

OP
OP
dixieland

dixieland

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Herefordshire/Eauze
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
OP
OP
dixieland

dixieland

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Herefordshire/Eauze
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011

Stand Off

Free Member
Jul 19, 2017
St Helens
Funster No
MH
Hymer B668
Exp
Since 2009
Hi, so sorry to hear of your wife's ill health. Does your van have an island bed?
Jim

Hi ,

No it’s twin singles and a drop down bed at the front.

It’s cost us £110 grand brand new.

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Hi. Rather late to ask & realise you may be sorted - but we are selling our Carthago 5.0i chic c line with island bed. Up for sale on here, two days ago. PM if interested cheers ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back