Third Elysian (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
No we like to take our bikes and keep them in the garage so not an easy target for theives, it’s a 7 hr round trip, but I need to see for myself the quality and usability, then convince the mrs with man maths :D:D

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
No we like to take our bikes and keep them in the garage so not an easy target for theives, it’s a 7 hr round trip, but I need to see for myself the quality and usability, then convince the mrs with man maths :D:D

Are you asking about the insulation and what they use as the info on their website and download is not very informative. Is it closed cell foam like the big german ones use?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
For my next m home I was looking at the merc or iveco and with a twin wheel set up, I like the set up of the RS with the large sofas and kitchen worktops and cooker so this seems the natural choice.

We considered the Elysian before settling on the Concorde at Düsseldorf,however, they used to use wood in the construction but now apparently have completely redefined the body structure so will look again.
I have to say the interior design is absolutely brilliant as you say the seating arrangement,Kitchen etc are amazing, I cannot understand why other manufacturers have copied the layout as it’s quite unique.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Are you asking about the insulation and what they use as the info on their website and download is not very informative. Is it closed cell foam like the big german ones use?
I’ll try and cover all bases, but no doubt forget something, although I’m in conversation with the salesman so should I forget only an e mail away

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
We considered the Elysian before settling on the Concorde at Düsseldorf,however, they used to use wood in the construction but now apparently have completely redefined the body structure so will look again.
I have to say the interior design is absolutely brilliant as you say the seating arrangement,Kitchen etc are amazing, I cannot understand why other manufacturers have copied the layout as it’s quite unique.
It’s definately worth asking, the jury’s out until I go and have a look, as I’ve stated because we are looking at used something will have to be a compromise unfortunately.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Are you happy with the Concorde build quality you chose?

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No

Having been over to the factory today, they said it was a closed cell foam but the internal was a ply board covering that they have now stopped using, I believe they are using a composite material.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Having been over to the factory today, they said it was a closed cell foam but the internal was a ply board covering that they have now stopped using, I believe they are using a composite material.

Good info that, thanks, so what did you think about the overall quality then?

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Nope, mine is not on the site so they must have sold t already. The 2013 model has th very low garage so probably wouldn't suit you I guess
Ceejayt
Yours is still in the yard awaiting work to be carried out on it, hence not being on the website yet, we had a nosey around a couple of the slide outs and noticed water staining on the internal panels, did yours have ingress problems around the slide out?
Very impressed with the layout and technology in them.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Good info that, thanks, so what did you think about the overall quality then?
Very good but you could tell they’ve been stood and need a clean up, reminded me a lot of the vanmaster caravan we used to have but with a lot more tech, not so sure about the macerator toilets, if the chemical waste empty point was inside a building how would you empty it was my initial thoughts, I understand you get a hose with it but some of the places we go to would require 20odd Mtrs

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Very good but you could tell they’ve been stood and need a clean up, reminded me a lot of the vanmaster caravan we used to have but with a lot more tech, not so sure about the macerator toilets, if the chemical waste empty point was inside a building how would you empty it was my initial thoughts, I understand you get a hose with it but some of the places we go to would require 20odd Mtrs

Yes I wouldn't have one of those either, cassette much more versatile.
If ordering new you could have a cassette though?

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Yes, luckily the one I would go for has a cassette, I just need to see if I can finance it garage would be a compromise, would need bikes on a rack of the tow bar which isn’t the end of the world I suppose

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, luckily the one I would go for has a cassette, I just need to see if I can finance it garage would be a compromise, would need bikes on a rack of the tow bar which isn’t the end of the world I suppose

yes but much safer bikes in the garage and much cleaner, if your spending all that I wouldn't compromise on the large garage.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Is LHD an option for them? Every one Ive seen is RHD.

They are nicely fitted out and do have a nice kitchen, but in common with everyone else there is always a space compromise - the ones with a nice roomy inside don't have a usable garage or they re very long, do you really want to have bikes on the back? We've currently got a box on the back but I dont like the vulnerability of it.

I don't want to knock them but given their trading history I would be very reluctant to allow them custody of my MH while I didnt have possession of the replacement.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
yes but much safer bikes in the garage and much cleaner, if your spending all that I wouldn't compromise on the large garage.
Unfortunately there is only one with a garage that suits but the internal layout isn’t quite what we want.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
do you really want to have bikes on the back?
To be honest no, my road bike would strip down in minutes and slide in the back locker it would just be the mountain bikes that would be a pain:frowny:
They wouldn’t be getting my Motorhome until I was happy that they had prepped the used vehicle to my satisfaction.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Is LHD an option for them? Every one Ive seen is RHD.
Yes I believe you can, the new chassis are sent direct from manafacturer to Germany to have the front end fettled is raised to make everything level right through, I’m sure it’s on an options list

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Ceejayt
Yours is still in the yard awaiting work to be carried out on it, hence not being on the website yet, we had a nosey around a couple of the slide outs and noticed water staining on the internal panels, did yours have ingress problems around the slide out?
Very impressed with the layout and technology in them.

The older system of slide outs had two drain holes at the top with a rubber flap that slid across and swept the water off the roof and through the drain holes when the slide was closed.

If you left your slide out for long periods say under trees then you did need to be aware that the drain holes could say get blocked with leaves. We had this once - we also had it unknowingly blocked by someone’s frisbee which we were unaware was on our roof. We never had stains but ?I guess that is what could cause it.

New system works differently altogether

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We liked our Macerator toilet - so much less hassle than cassettes. The tank would last 7 to 10 days off grid with full use. Much longer if on a site and used their facilities as well.
I keep up my C & CC membership to be able to use their drop in system to empty at their Motorhome points in the UK. In Europe there are plenty of places to empty.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Well the deed is done, we went back over to compare two of them alongside each other and the cheaper one actually suited us best, more mileage but higher spec, three weeks to wait now. :D:D

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Looks cracking, I know you said you were working out where the bikes would go as no garage, you having a bike rack then?

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Yeah I already had one that I use on my defender.
Also sussed out the macerator/ black tank scenario so will be interesting to see how we get on with it.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
674A5E8C-2239-44E6-9EC0-B289AC072C93.jpeg

Move it 30m no problem just get organized,however, black/ grey waste points are not inside buildings, it’s a draino_O

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Hi
What I was meaning was some of the elsian points were positioned inside, I thought that was where the black was dumped pardon the expression, seems to be a lot of discussion around black and grey going into the same drain:)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It then becomes a coach built Steve, and you then have problems the problems associated with 'nailing a box' on to a cabbed chassis.
Must be thousands of PROBLEM vans then,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back