Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
possibly but should you be asking it in another club?????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That is the Question

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I find them friendly from the people I have met whilst out and about. Just been looking at some of their meets funnily enough as never been to any but thinking might try a couple that look interesting.

Why do you ask ... problems? .... or just contemplating joining?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've used them quite a few times over the years in both our RVs 1 @ 34ft & 1 @ 30ft never had any problems. Always been helpfull and friendly towards us even though RVs not really suited to their sites. Much more informal than the Caravan Club and some quite nice locations.
Now we're back in the UK permanently we will be joining both, CCC & CC unfortunately it can be pot luck though because the site is only as good as the warden and some can be a nightmare.

As somebody said in their signature "better too flatter a fool than argue with them"

Smile nicely and open a bottle.:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
as in which way, if you like to rally they have meets all year, they have a good selection of holiday rallies throughout the summer so families can afford a good break without breaking the piggybank. Sites - cant help as dont use them but the 5 van sites (cs) are usually good spots and reasonable fees some have all facs some have only drinking water and poss dump point.
and not using main sites I have never met any of these wardens that folk go on about where you might have to do a funny walk.

I usually take the grankids to windy harbour near blackpool for a week in august to the c&cc rally there, hard standing,ehu, and full site facilities including swiming pool,club house etc £13 a night all in and the grankids never want to go off site anywhere or come home for that matter

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I think that the value of the clubs are the CL, CS networks. You can find nice small sites located in some wonderful country.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We are members of both CC & C&cc and mostly use them for rallies & cl/cs as we find there club sites expensive. If you have children C&CC do a deal for families which can save you money also there is an age concession for over 50's. Caravan club rallies tend to be more organised as you have to pre book and it can be risky if you turn up to a C&CC rally to find it full!! Neither are as enjoyable as a Fun rally!!!:Smile::Smile:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I'm rallying this weekend with C & CC. I've never turned up to find the rally full - they usually ask for pre-booking if available space is limited

It's nice not having to book - if the weather's not good, I just don't go.

I don't like their main sites much; there's little choice about which pitch you can use and I am very choosy. :roflmto:

I use the Caravan Club sites for my hols. Just booked my tour of South Wales in September using CC sites.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We are members of both - mainly for the CL & CS sites - the site books alone are worth the money - the main sites we occasionally use but as said so much is down to the Warden - met some great wardens and some really lousy ones. Use them for recovery and anything else you can - like all things if you use as many features the overall cost is spread thinner. If you are only going to use a site once a year for a week then save your money. If I had to pick one or the other I would go for the C&CC.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Caravan and camping club

Hi,
Working all week, I tend to camp every weekend with the East Essex District Assoc, as their meets are within a short distance.
They normally have something on at different temporary sites between feb and finish with a great fireworks weekend in November.
Approx £16 for the weekend. Some have loos and showers, others only elsan and fresh water. But some of the places are fab. And going so regularly, you tend to meet up with the same crowd so its great fun.

Perhaps it all depends what you are looking to get out of your membership?
S.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We are a member of both, there are good sites and bad sites with both. HillHead CC Excellent for MH'ers , Umberleigh C&CC also, it's the people you meet though, you honestly can't judge a Club on one site, or the people on that site. Personally we would never go back to the CC Minehead Site, too many notices, do this! don't do that! the Warden is on duty when!
AND WHEN YOU FINALLY MEET A WARDEN, When they finally come out of their accomodation she talks to you as if you are a naughty boy who has been found behind a bush with you hand down your trousers! You must make your own mind up! It's no use listening to other peoples opinions,go experience it for yourself, after all it's only thirty odd quid!

Dave&jacqui

Free Member
Jul 12, 2010
Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
We joined the Motorcaravan section (Northern Area) and have had many good value fun weekend rallies .

Would definately recommend them , not sure of their more formal sites as dont use them

D&J

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I am a member of 5 clubs now that hold exemption certificates for CLs

I am not a rally person so use the CC C&CC CLs & CSs most of the time while in the UK. I have used the CC club sites for many years as a tugger and with the Motorhome and have found no problems with them or the wardens. I cannot recall using a C&CC club site.

Joined the MCC and went to one of their exempted sites. Never again! I wrote to the club with my complaints and didn't even get an acknowledgement.

C&CC do not issue a list of sites in POI format so I had to make one from the data they supplied in paper format (by email).

CC do list coordinates for their club & CL sites in a POI format and on the website. However these seem to have been compiled using post codes and a postcode can cover quite a large area in a rural area. The coordinates are for the centre of the post code area so I have been to the wrong location a few times using their coordinates. Each time I find an error I send it in and they do thank me for the information.

Most club CL/CS sites are not really suitable for Motorhomes being on grass and often not level. Saying that there are some very good exemptions available from both the big clubs.

John

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
off to a CC & C - DA meet in Kent this weekend

I have belonged to the CC (did not renew this year felt they were a bit stuck up and did not like American RV's - even 24' long) Have been using the CC & C stayed at a few sites, OK on the whole, expensive I found, Wardens were the issues as I have said in other forums. - hence joined this group. I will meet up at the Bath & West and another after that to give it ago.. at Malvern already booked in the disabled area. But may show my face to say hi.

I am off to a CC & C District meet in Kent this weekend for Motorhomes... we will see? I did one of the general DA's that was made up or caravans 75% and 25% motorhomes... Ok, but did feel a bit out of it.. seemed clicky. But we are going with an open mind to try this DA near Sittingbourne (Upchurch) and I hope we will find it beter.

Bob

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We are in the CCC. We rally , use CL 's and holiday sites. Infact we are going to Whitby this Friday for a few days , the Fox and firkin or something or other pub , temp holiday site. £6 a night , leave all your rubbish.

We find them great. They are as friendly or as clicky as you make them IMO. We sometimes get a few looks , having a MH, and kids , and being younger than the average Mhomer.
I make a point of chatting to the "looking down the noses", then they soon come round.
We prefer flitting in and out of groups , D.A's . Choosing where to go because of the place rather than the District Association.
We aren't in the MH section as we joined when we had caravans a few years ago. So there tends to be lots more caravaner's than motorhomers , on most meets. Handy if the grounds a bit boggy, plenty of 4x4's to help you off:winky:
Though we do get sick of the
"what happens if you run out of milk" question :ROFLMAO:

Now we have our MH FUN flag we shall be flying it this weekend. So if anyones passing fylingdales and spot us , come and have a chat.
Bev

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
:thumb:We are members of both CC & C&CC we like the THS's, CL's, and the CS's, I think the CC clubsites tend to be a bit cheaper but I suppose it depends on where & when!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back