LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
A huge, huge thank you to Actin Strange who has been on the phone with me all afternoon trying to sort it out and for all you smary pants out there (you KNOW who you are::bigsmile:::bigsmile:) IT WASN'T ME ..... IT'S MY COMPUTER!:ROFLMAO:Na na na na na.

We still havn't sorted it but are on the way... so THANK YOU Actin Strange... really appreciated your time.

And thank you to everyone else too who helped me on the Gobbledegook thread. :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
some would say very trying lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Flippin eck.. well who needs enemies with friends like Funsters!!!!! ::bigsmile::winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A huge, huge thank you to Actin Strange who has been on the phone with me all afternoon trying to sort it out

We still havn't sorted it but are on the way... so THANK YOU Actin Strange.

So another one ready for Care In The Community.

HAGANAP - cancel your weekend, more urgent business for you.

"Failure is not an option"

So....

1. Download Firefox from address below by clicking DOWNLOAD.
Link Removed
2. If it asks "Save File" tell it to save to C:\ -- in other words put c:\ in front of the file name it gives you like: c:\firefox setup 3.8.6.exe
3. Use Windows Explorer ( programs/accessories/windows explorer to get to c:\ and double click firefoxset3.8.6.exe

You are now a firefox user.

Just type www.motorhomefun.co.uk into the top of the firefox screen and log in.

The is a very good chance your problems are over.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
So another one ready for Care In The Community.

HAGANAP - cancel your weekend, more urgent business for you.

"Failure is not an option"

So....

1. Download Firefox from address below by clicking DOWNLOAD.
Link Removed
2. If it asks "Save File" tell it to save to C:\ -- in other words put c:\ in front of the file name it gives you like: c:\firefox setup 3.8.6.exe
3. Use Windows Explorer ( programs/accessories/windows explorer to get to c:\ and double click firefoxset3.8.6.exe

You are now a firefox user.

Just type www.motorhomefun.co.uk into the top of the firefox screen and log in.

The is a very good chance your problems are over.

I say "Chrome" to all that... download it... then click on the icon on your desk-top... job done :ROFLMAO:

JJ :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I say "Chrome" to all that... download it... then click on the icon on your desk-top... job done :ROFLMAO:

JJ :thumb:

An excellent alternative plan JJ. Just as you said in the email, even a blonde could manage it.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
An excellent alternative plan JJ. Just as you said in the email, even a blonde could manage it.

ooerrrr are you trying to knock JJs brownie points down? which he gained at one of the meets helping to fix joys door

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
All right when you lot have stopped mucking about.

a) I have Chrome already and still have the same problem that Actin and I couldn't sort.

b) Brian just done that.. Downloaded etc etc and then was told when I clicked onto it that my file was corrupt.
:Sad:
I :Sad:
I

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
b) Brian just done that.. Downloaded etc etc and then was told when I clicked onto it that my file was corrupt.
:Sad:
I :Sad:
I

Damn !

You *have* got problems. It's very difficult to say what, bad data on your internet link, memory faulty or hard drive faulty.

It should not be possible for bad data to go unnoticed.

Memory is very reliable these days.

That leaves the HD as prime suspect.

Wildman has said check it but here are some instructions....

On your main screen you will have a MY COMPUTER icon. Double click it.

Now look for Hard Drive C: right click it.

At the bottom PROPERTIES - click.

TOOLS - click

Error Checking - CHECK NOW - click this. If it says Auto Correct say yes and let it run.

Might help to cross your fingers.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I very strongly suspect that Joy's HD is so full of fragmented data that her machine isn't working properly.

I have found a lot of this lately with some of the Dells I have fixed taking two or three attempts with professional defragging software to sort them out.

When non computer users are sold machines no-one tells them about HD cleaning, TMP file removing etc. etc. etc. and their machines just get filled up with crap because Microsoft is such a poor OS.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Back again. Done that Brian and no luck. Had to go out of here to do it.

Don;t worry. I will do what Actin told me to do earlier. Will try it again and again till hopefully it may work.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I very strongly suspect that Joy's HD is so full of fragmented data that her machine isn't working properly.

Microsoft is such a poor OS.

Obviously that should not happen, it is designed to work with fragmented data. It can't work any other way. But who knows.

So the OS that is on most of the world's computer is poor is it.

OK I think the registry stinks. I use Uniblue Registry Booster occasionally. It always finds something to tidy up.

I've made a living using Windows since the day it came out, not by fixing it but running all sorts of compilers on it generating business applications. Nothing that big can be faultless but poor it isn't.

You should have seen what came before it.

The biggest problem is not the OS but the users, they will download *anything* onto their computers, fearless they are. Then they don't know how to get rid of the crap, which it sounds like you know only too well. A reformat is sometimes the only way forwards. I wonder if Joy has the right disks ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Back again. Done that Brian and no luck. Had to go out of here to do it.

Don;t worry. I will do what Actin told me to do earlier. Will try it again and again till hopefully it may work.

No reported errors ? That was quite quick too ??

Further down that TOOLS form is defragment - that is the next stage. Slow too.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Obviously that should not happen, it is designed to work with fragmented data. It can't work any other way. But who knows.

So the OS that is on most of the world's computer is poor is it. SIMPLY PUT YES

OK I think the registry stinks. I use Uniblue Registry Booster occasionally. It always finds something to tidy up.

I've made a living using Windows since the day it came out, not by fixing it but running all sorts of compilers on it generating business applications. Nothing that big can be faultless but poor it isn't. I have been using computers since before "Windows" was invented and it's only big because Microsoft flooded the market in their early days. There were far better office packages etc around at the time and there are far safer and better OS systems around now

You should have seen what came before it. I did

The biggest problem is not the OS but the users, they will download *anything* onto their computers, fearless they are. SIMPLY NOT TRUE
Then they don't know how to get rid of the crap, which it sounds like you know only too well. A reformat is sometimes the only way forwards. I wonder if Joy has the right disks ?
Again not true

I do not mean to be disrespectful Brian but I think I may know a little more than you on this matter. Vista is probably the worst OS that Microsoft brought out, even they have recalled their shut down of XP and are allowing roll backs because it is so bad.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

I protest MOST strongly about your suggestion that there is an email anywhere in which I say "even a blonde could manage it."

This is, without doubt, libel and it would be nice if you explained to everyone that I haven't written such a thing and it was only your attempt at humour...

Simply not in my character to think such a thing never mind write it...

JJ :Angry: :Angry: :Angry:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I protest MOST strongly about your suggestion that there is an email anywhere in which I say "even a blonde could manage it."
JJ :Angry: :Angry: :Angry:

Oh dear. Sorry JJ. I've just scanned my emails and found nothing. I'm afraid it must have been a senior moment. It must be one of the little voices misled me.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't worry Brian .... he DID write it but pushed the wrong button and it pm'd to me by mistake...... I have already started to plan my revenge but the Semtex won't be delivered till next Monday.:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
LOL...He already knows Brian why do you think he isn't running the company any more??
:roflmto:

Well he's got other problems caused by Windoze, like getting rid of a million every day responsibly or something like because he can't take it with him.

Let's not get carried away with an OS war. The whole world runs on Windoze, any limitations are far outweighed by all the software we can pick up to run on it. *That* is why I defend it. It's like English, it's not perfect but it binds the world together.

I've no idea what OS Joy is running, but if you say Vista then I've two Vista laptops that run a heap of industrial software, Delphi for one which is no lightweight, and have not given me any trouble.

Do you know of any freebie registry cleaners, I guess she'd prefer free to paid for ?

Personally I'd reformat and start clean but that might not be an option for her.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
NOW been cut off about FIVE times in half hour .. sent a message and was cut off again... went in Chat room and was cut off again..... really wondering if worth all the hassle to try and get on if it wern't for all you lovely lot.:Cool:

watching clock to see how long I am allowed on for.:cry:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
keep your chin up Joy....we will get it fixed somehow over the next few days.

Did you try and re-install regclean??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back