Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi all

I am trying out a couple of ideas on the hubby for October half term. I don't know wether to go for Normandy or keep local...Bridlington etc.

We wouldn't be able to do aires as the weather would be quite restrictive for the kids so we would have to book on a site with an indoor pool. Can anyone offer any advice as to good sites or do you think we should just stick to home soil? Any advice/tips would be much appreciated.:thumb:

Vik

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all

I am trying out a couple of ideas on the hubby for October half term. I don't know wether to go for Normandy or keep local...Bridlington etc.
Vik

My take is cheap and cold and wet in Brid or expensive and cold and wet in Normandy.

My Yorkshire blood says cheap, of course.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Brodie, we have kids as well and often look for somewhere in October.
We find one of the great places is perran sands in Cornwall. The haven site there offer pitches at about £6 per night, yep you read it right. It has an indoor pool and lots of facilities. It also has good activites. At that time of the year it is practically empty with all the rowdies moved well away.
Lovely beach and some great surfing to be had too.

There are a few sites in Northern France but to be honest I dont see the point in going as the weather that time of year is not much different to the UK.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi all

We wouldn't be able to do aires as the weather would be quite restrictive for the kids so we would have to book on a site with an indoor pool. Can anyone offer any advice as to good sites or do you think we should just stick to home soil? Any advice/tips would be much appreciated.:thumb:

Vik

Well Brodie.......Mmmmm this is a tricky one...or is it.....we are in Bridlington at this very moment and have been here for two weeks had a lot of rain and a few days of sunshine and have another one week to go and both of us can not wait to get back to France and may even re-book our tunnel ticket....we used to live here in Bridlington for 25+ years and now live in France (6+ years) .......the English food we enjoy and miss (junk food Fish & chips, hotdogs, ham/beefburgers, Chinese, Indian, pork pies, sausage rolls, steak & kidney and meat pies and all the rest we have missed Mmmm) and miss the bargains in the shops clothing, shoes, food, in the supermarkets and electrical goods a lot cheaper, The English people are GREAT...1st class ,you can have a laugh and a joke that is something I miss, the french do'nt do jokes quite serious and always asking to you explain what you have said and why....but apart from that lovely people .......BUT for Motorhomes ********I am afraid it is a no no.....me every time FRANCE it seems to be geared up for motorhomes......lovely.......

Mel

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
There is a lovely campsite just thirty minutes from the Calais ferry port. It is in the town of Guines. It has an indoor swimming pool and takes ACSI. The WIFI is free.

Apart from the indoor pool theres not much more there for Les Enfants but it is a great site.

Given that the weather will be much the same in England I think it best to stay here, it takes all day just to drive to Dover for me and there are some really nice parts of the country here in Auttumn.

Jim

:Smile:

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
There is a lovely campsite just thirty minutes from the Calais ferry port. It is in the town of Guines. It has an indoor swimming pool and takes ACSI. The WIFI is free.

Apart from the indoor pool theres not much more there for Les Enfants but it is a great site.

Given that the weather will be much the same in England I think it best to stay here, it takes all day just to drive to Dover for me and there are some really nice parts of the country here in Auttumn.

Jim

:Smile:

Thanks, I will check this out sounds good. I always prefer France to this country it never feels like i've had a proper holiday unless i've been on the ferry :Smile:.

We did Cornwall last October half term and when we worked it out by the time we got down there we could have been over the water! I couldn't wait to get home. I love France & the set up for motorhomes and the food, supermarkets, people.....I would rather have bad weather in France!

We will see I may have to work a little magic with the hubster. We have already got a cottage booked for Christmas in Normandy so another trip across may be a bit excessive.

Oh I wished I lived there:thumb:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks, I will check this out sounds good. I always prefer France to this country it never feels like i've had a proper holiday unless i've been on the ferry :Smile:.

We did Cornwall last October half term and when we worked it out by the time we got down there we could have been over the water! I couldn't wait to get home. I love France & the set up for motorhomes and the food, supermarkets, people.....I would rather have bad weather in France!

We will see I may have to work a little magic with the hubster. We have already got a cottage booked for Christmas in Normandy so another trip across may be a bit excessive.

Oh I wished I lived there:thumb:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Use your Tesco points.....4x times the ammount on air travel miles ,ferry or the tunnel....for you it is the long drive to Dover from south Yorkshire, I understand as we have done it many times ...Born in Doncaster area and lived there for 1/2 of my life and Bridlington for the rest except for the 6 years plus in France.....The wife came from south east Kent not far from Canterbury...so the trip south was done many many times

Mel :thumb:

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
We are from just outside Doncaster! I don't see it as a problem travelling to Dover as some do....mother - in - law mainly:RollEyes:, too many miles on a vehicle for her liking:RollEyes::RollEyes:. It's just the first leg of the fun.:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We are from just outside Doncaster! I don't see it as a problem travelling to Dover as some do....mother - in - law mainly:RollEyes:, too many miles on a vehicle for her liking:RollEyes::RollEyes:. It's just the first leg of the fun.:thumb:

Ok :thumb:

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back