Nationwide changes to travel insurance (1 Viewer)

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I know many Funsters rely on Nationwide for their travel insurance but as from January 3rd all people over the age of 70 are required to pay an age upgrade of £65 per person.

I am sure many Nationwide customers will already know this but just in case someone could be caught out I thought I would share this information.

Last edited:

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I know many Funsters rely on Nationwide for their travel insurance but as from January 3rd all people over the age of 70 are required to pay an age upgrade of £65 per person even if you are already on holiday, or if your holiday is booked.

snip

I think that it does not apply if the holiday is already booked

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is not per person if you have a joint account it's £65 for both of you. Our Lloyds account covers us up to 80.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It only covers Europe as we found out on our return from America:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It only covers Europe as we found out on our return from America:whistle:
It says Worldwide on the Nationwide website.
Unless you mean Lloyds, the Premier account which is no longer available,is worldwide up to age 80. You can keep it if you already have it though. It initially appears pricey but very few exclusions. Even covered our son when he was a student up to the age of 24 for his kiwi allergy requiring an epipen without any extra premium.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Just out of possible interest to some I have just extended my nationwide travel insurance from 30 days to 90 days for the sum of £99 for a year .

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It says Worldwide on the Nationwide website.
Unless you mean Lloyds, the Premier account which is no longer available,is worldwide up to age 80. You can keep it if you already have it though. It initially appears pricey but very few exclusions. Even covered our son when he was a student up to the age of 24 for his kiwi allergy requiring an epipen without any extra premium.

No it’s Nationwide. Have they changed it relatively recently do you know?

I had a slight medical problem in America recently and I was going to make a claim but the possibly out of date policy documents I had said it was European cover only.

We had separate insurance as well but that too was limited to Europe.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
No it’s Nationwide. Have they changed it relatively recently do you know?

I had a slight medical problem in America recently and I was going to make a claim but the possibly out of date policy documents I had said it was European cover only.

We had separate insurance as well but that too was limited to Europe.
I have been considering changing from Lloyds to Nationwide for a few months to save some money as the little darlings are no longer dependent on us ( haha) so I have only been looking since last September. I am not sure if it only used to be Europe though, I would certainly check as it definitely now says Worldwide. I keep dithering, each time I'm about to do it, the breakdown cover is good as well, I read a bad review and wimp out as we used the Lloyds once for a cancelled holiday and it was really easy.
Dave @Snowbird has certainly used it for health matters and speaks highly of it but I'm not sure about outside Europe.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have been considering changing from Lloyds to Nationwide for a few months to save some money as the little darlings are no longer dependent on us ( haha) so I have only been looking since last September. I am not sure if it only used to be Europe though, I would certainly check as it definitely now says Worldwide. I keep dithering, each time I'm about to do it, the breakdown cover is good as well, I read a bad review and wimp out as we used the Lloyds once for a cancelled holiday and it was really easy.
Dave @Snowbird has certainly used it for health matters and speaks highly of it but I'm not sure about outside Europe.

It’s my wife that banks with Nationwide so I’m not sure to be honest. I have always steered clear of Lloyds as I know my ex wife banked with them when she was a student and hated them. I use Nat West who have been pretty good to me over the years.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Think the more basic FlexAccount was European only (no longer available to new customers) whereas the FlexplusAccount is Worldwide

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Think the more basic FlexAccount was European only whereas the FlexplusAccount is Worldwide

Thanks for that. My wife tells me she has the Flexplus account which she pays for. I was looking at her old policy so I was covered after all.

Trouble is I have binned all my receipts:xdoh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back