Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I read MCN every week, one thing I'm sure of, they print what draws in advertising or test bikes.

The crap they print is beyond belief a lot of the time. Like the new GS, you get something like "I was a bit under powered at 130 bhp but now it has 132 bhp it's wonderful", sort of thing. They wet their knickers over the Triumph 1200 Scrambler, no-one in their right minds would take that on dirt. 500cc was a huge scrambler when scramblers scrambled.

So why do I read it every week. Well there's usually the odd page on racing that makes it worth it.

Dont get me started on 'scramblers'.. read 'bikes with two back wheels designed to look they never looked back in the day' ridden by people with crap facial hair, a scarf and a Deus T shirt.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Gave up on MCN about 15 years ago ... are they still obsessed with sports bike 'Shoot-outs'?

Makes the Daily Mail look highbrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Gave up on MCN about 15 years ago ... are they still obsessed with sports bike 'Shoot-outs'?

Makes the Daily Mail look highbrow.

Obsessed with anything that fills pages. Recent "shootout" format is a big loop of the midlands and how one bike beats another on a bend by bend basis.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dont get me started on 'scramblers'..

Looks like I already have. It's a big word for Ducati, Triumph and even BMW right now. I guess we blame that bloke McQueen.

I've got tickets for the Sheffield Indoor Trial, no bullshit there, just pure riding skills.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Like the one Kawasaki keep winning ?

I do hope 2019 is more entertaining. That Ducati looks sooooo good so far ! But "a road bike", they're having a laugh.

How much road bike is left on that Kawasaki? Considering the outrageous amounts of money they have spent on it.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
How much road bike is left on that Kawasaki? Considering the outrageous amounts of money they have spent on it.
I've had 7 new GSXR1000s for when I was a trackday instructor. They are great road bikes. I have my latest one here.

I'm contemplating the new L7/8 but it's €20k here. I want a KTM 790 as well, so will see

Oh, and I'm buying a Husky 300i as well, so got to swerve that lot around the missus ;)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
There was a program on itv4 a couple of weeks ago the motorbike show that went to the Triumph factory and showed them hand bending the frames and hand welding all assembly by hand

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry not the motorbike show but an idea sorry can’t do a link but search [the motorbike show triumph special]

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
And, if I remember correctly, make sure you copy all the right Japanese designs. Weren't the first Kawasaki based ?

And I remember the early ones with snapping frames.

But, they survived and came good very quickly.

Nice one Mr Bloor, who is building a small housing estate near here, right now, he's not lost that business.
Brian, Mr Bloor is buildinb 50 houses next to factory..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back