Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Getting really fed up.

Apart from constantly being kicked out of the site and Chat Room being like a yo yo experience, I am constantly clicking on a topic or a forum or reply .. anything.... and all I get is a page of gobbledegook.

It looks like computer gobbledegook but getting to the point I think why bother trying to do anything. Just read and get out quickly cos it is taking all day to join in the Fun now and want to do any necessary reading before I get clicked off again....:Angry:

(This doesn't happen EVERY time) Any suggestions please other than take up horse riding instead.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Getting really fed up.

Apart from constantly being kicked out of the site and Chat Room being like a yo yo experience, I am constantly clicking on a topic or a forum or reply .. anything.... and all I get is a page of gobbledegook.

It looks like computer gobbledegook but getting to the point I think why bother trying to do anything. Just read and get out quickly cos it is taking all day to join in the Fun now and want to do any necessary reading before I get clicked off again....:Angry:

(This doesn't happen EVERY time) Any suggestions please other than take up horse riding instead.

All working well here.

Do any other sites give you problems ?

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
No Brian only this one. Funnily enough Tony Rainbowchaser having a different type of problem that he can't solve. He can't get into Chat Room. But he can get onto forum.

I have managed last two night to get into Chat room and only been kicked out a few times whereas on the forums I get kicked off all the time.:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Joy it sounds like you need as good seeing to, your computer that is. Have you run the following.
A decent virus scan followed by:-
CHKDSK /F /V to make sure you have no dodgy segments in the harddrive
click on Start, then run and enter the chkdsk command with switches in the box. It will tell you that it will do it next time you reboot so say ok, exit and reboot.

CCleaner to remover rubbish ( http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ )
Defrag to tidy up your files (. )
and finally a decent virus scan again just to make sure.
That should sort things out a bit.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Joy, I cannot think what that might be. I would say that it is certainly something on your machine as from here the site seems to be working very well. This site and our chatroom use the very latest software and sometimes older browsers might struggle with the code.

Best advice I can give is make sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of your browser - A good bet would be to try another browser. If you are using Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome, they are all quick to download and setup.

Hope this helps

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
Hi Joy, I cannot think what that might be. I would say that it is certainly something on your machine as from here the site seems to be working very well. This site and our chatroom use the very latest software and sometimes older browsers might struggle with the code.

Best advice I can give is make sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of your browser - A good bet would be to try another browser. If you are using Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome, they are all quick to download and setup.

Hope this helps

Worse with Firefox here Jim. ..:Sad:
It's strife Jim, but not as we know it....

I'm going to try a new flint, a new wick and double up on the dilithium crystals.
:Smile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Awww Joy not fair is it - all these tech probs being sent your way sounds very much like your puter is giving you grief -- might be if you can't sort it with all the good advise here it might be worth you going to PC World and talking to the tech guys there - they are usually very helpful and unless you need a lot of their time they generally dont charge

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm about to send you a PM with a link to another site that uses vBulletin for its forums. Clutching at straws but worth ruling that out.

Joy,

Neil's suggestion is a good one. Try to eliminate things one at a time. Don't confuse the issue by trying too many things at once. I'm sure with the collective IT knowledge on this site you'll be horse riding sooner than you think!:ROFLMAO:

Phil

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh Phil, those were the days... the feel of the stallion beneath me... ooh err well back to computers. Will go and try all those suggestions.

Thank you everybody.:thumb:

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Oh Phil, those were the days... the feel of the stallion beneath me... ooh err well back to computers. Will go and try all those suggestions.

Thank you everybody.:thumb:

Hi Joy, We might have solved this for you...

If you open the computer, you should see a scaled down version of the enclosed.....
Whatever you do, DON'T cut the orange wire!

:winky:

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you hubby dearest... I just clicked to open that picture and got kicked out again!!!!!!:Sad:

Brian, can't remember all your questions, but it is my Dell Laptop. It is 3M dongle but the dongle is still connected.

It is windows explorer.

Various things happen. Sometimes I just get kicked back to Desktop.

Sometimes a page comes up full of all computer jargon BUT still with Motorhomefun heading and still connected

Sometimes I get a page up saying there is not connection to internet.. Do I want to try again (a click box type_

Sometimes I get a completely blank page with Motorhome fun heading but the little line at the bottom says Done as though the page has been found.

And sometime it just kicks me out of Chat room
And sometimes it just kicks me off the forum altogether and I have to go through everything again to log on.

Does that help?:Sad:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Aaaaaagh. Now as well as keep being kicked off, I have lost the 'New Posts' proviso..... going for a valium

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Aaaaaagh. Now as well as keep being kicked off, I have lost the 'New Posts' proviso..... going for a valium

I know how you feel Joy.
I've managed to access 50 assorted websites this evening,
guess which one I couldn't get into?

:RollEyes:
When I finally got in after two hours of trying, just to upload a picture,
the whole site fell over.

I'm off to play elsewhere....

Got a spare vallium hun?
:Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It is windows explorer.

Sometimes I get a page up saying there is not connection to internet.

Does that help?:Sad:

Are you on a landline broadband or on wireless ?

I've used Firefox for years now and it's excellent. Give it a try from here:

Link Removed

Might take a bit of getting used to but loads of us know it works.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
example of one error

Page 1 of 212>
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.01 seconds. Search: New Posts Thread / Thread StarterLast PostRepliesViewsForumLink Removed
icon1.gif
Joy riding bear ?
Rainbowchaser
Today 10:05
by movan Link Removed
253THE U SHAPED LOUNGELink Removed
icon1.gif
Link Removed I thought this meets the criteria for us funsters well
acting_strange
Today 10:03
by acting_strange Link Removed
05THE BELLY LOCKER.Link Removed
icon1.gif
Link Removed another blow re the geeny theft (Link Removed 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Road Runner
Today 10:02
by JJ Link Removed
25905THE U SHAPED LOUNGELink Removed
icon1.gif
Link Removed Real dilemma re a mate whose wife is err. welllll (Link Removed 1 2)
Jaws
Today 10:01
by Jaws Link Removed
14280THE BELLY LOCKER.Link Removed
icon1.gif
Link Removed What music are you listening to? (Link Removed 1 2 3)
wivvy's dad
Today 09:59
by Janine Link Removed
22233THE U SHAPED LOUNGELink Removed
icon1.gif
Link Removed Link Removed Word Association *5* (Link Removed 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
wasp
Today 09:58
by sue1959 Link Removed
10,63743,233Gamesnavt0ntd> Link Removedg?'on/quinsidGodline w'Itr="0" 2010/06/wine-joke.jpeg I kid you not…. New Wine 6- -ladp

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
GIVE UP! THAT IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. I COPIED AND PASTED BUT WHAT HAS COME UP IS ENGLISH AND NOT COMPUTER LANGUAGE WHICH IS WHAT SHOWS UP ON MY SCREEN.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH waiting for the men in white now.:Angry::Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
GIVE UP! THAT IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. I COPIED AND PASTED BUT WHAT HAS COME UP IS ENGLISH AND NOT COMPUTER LANGUAGE WHICH IS WHAT SHOWS UP ON MY SCREEN.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH waiting for the men in white now.:Angry::Angry:

So grab a camera and photograph it.

Does it look like this:
<title>Motorhome Forum, UK Motorhomes, Motorhome Reviews, Motorcaravans, American RV, Motorhome Facts, Sales, Campsites </title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<meta name="generator" content="vBulletin 3.8.4" />
<meta name="keywords" content="motorhome, motorhomes,uk motorhomes,motorcaravans,uk motorcaravans,motorhome information,motorhome specifications,motorhome facts, motorhome fun,RV,Recreational vehicle, motorhome chat, motorhome holidays, motor home" />
<meta name="description" content="Motorhoming Information For Motorhomers. Motorhome Chat, Forums, Reviews, Classifieds and Fun" />

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sounds like a display driver is sitting on a bad sector. working sometimes but not others. run Chkdsk as I advised earlier
then put your windows disk in the drive and select repair drivers

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Well I'm sitting in a field in the middle of nowhere using a 3 dongle (Rex is using t-mobile dongle) I'm on Firefox and Rex is on Windows Explorer.

No problems whatsoever with any site - in fact MotorhomeFun working exceptionally well!:thumb::thumb::thumb:!

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yes. it looks like that wot Brian put up..... I am about to phone Actin Strange who I think is going to work me through what you have all told me to do. Thank you.:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes. it looks like that wot Brian put up..... I am about to phone Actin Strange who I think is going to work me through what you have all told me to do. Thank you.:Smile:

Why don't you try Firefox ?

You never replied to "are you on landline broadband ?"

Ah, silly me, you are woman.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back