Flying the Flag an Ethical Dilema (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just returned from a weekend away at the Welland Steam Fair with the Motorcaravanners Club (MCC). On arrival we were parked next to Ambillkate (Amanda, Bill and Kath).

Kath wanted to know why I was not flying the fun flag. I had to admit to not owning one :Blush:. Kath said that she had one but did not want to fly it because it was not a fun rallyshe thought it would be unethical. After much discussion and Kaths intransigence I decided to fly her flag (well Amandas actually) on my van.

So who was correct is it ethically wrong to fly the fun flag at another clubs rally?

Further if it is ok, then as Jim is getting immensely rich from the subs :ROFLMAO: could this be a form of advertising which we should get paid for :thumb:

Also as Kath refused to fly it should I have confiscated it :roflmto:

I look forward to a few fun replies

Lunarman

Attachments

• The flag flies over welland.jpg
    The flag flies over welland.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 35
  • My Van with Flag.jpg
    My Van with Flag.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Ambillkates van.jpg
    Ambillkates van.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 28

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Fly whatever flag you want to wherever you are.

The UK prides itself on freedom and thats what English soldiers in the wars fought for.

We fly the English Flag whenever we choose and we fly the new Fun Flag wherever we are pitched.

You can always say because its so bright you know you can find your motorhome in the dark no matter what you have drunk -tea coffee or alcohol.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Not unethical at all, its more like a statement of intent. But do remember that if you fly it upside down that is now worldly recognised as the motorhomer in distress signal.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
a friend flew his fun flag at the knutsford meet and he was with another group there

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
flag

hi there lunarman,i was at the northern motorhome show last weekend at knutsford with the ARVE:whatthe: and jim forced me at gunpoint to fly the fun flag:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: regards brian jo & josh:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I would think if you were with another club and flying a couple of flags no problem flying the FUN flag along with them. Not over sure just flying the flag on its own when at at MCC rally though, would start some conversations I would guess.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Not unethical at all, its more like a statement of intent. But do remember that if you fly it upside down that is now worldly recognised as the motorhomer in distress signal.:thumb:

I would think if you were with another club and flying a couple of flags no problem flying the FUN flag along with them. Not over sure just flying the flag on its own when at at MCC rally though, would start some conversations I would guess.

If other clubs are that sensitive that they cannot give you the freedom of choice then surely it is YOUR CHOICE and possibly THEIR LOSS

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are currently at the 9 day MCC rally at Tenby. Our Fun flag has been flying high from day 1 with no objections. One chap asked me what the flag was about as he had seen quite a few of them flying at the Newbury Show.

Brisey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back